[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 08:56:20 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180215 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: Masks
« Reply #1825 on: November 26, 2021, 10:23:25 AM »
There is no return to the former definition of 'normal' any time soon.

Aside from having to wear a mask while I’m at work I can’t think of a single thing that hasn’t returned to normal from a day to day perspective for myself and my family.

Kids school is back to doing Christmas concerts, grandparents day, etc type activities with no mask requirements.  County I live in does not have a mask mandate in place so aside from the couple vacations a year where the kids will have to wear a mask I can’t think of a single thing that hasn’t returned to normal for us at least.

So not returning to normal anytime soon must largely depend on where you live or what you personal risk tolerance is I suppose.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1826 on: November 26, 2021, 10:32:23 AM »

Fear and control. Never going to happen because FD Joe or whomever is making decisions in this country, will not let it happen. Also, too much money at stake. Again, fear and control in its purest form, hey?
Paranoia, conspiracy theories. Totally real and not mental illness, no sir!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1827 on: November 26, 2021, 10:33:49 AM »
OK gang, I'll take this the other way. I'm in favor of lifting mask mandates and the sooner the better.

If you want to wear a mask, go right ahead. I have no problem with it. But the challenge is, when do we stop changing our lives for Covid? I'm of the view that Covid in various forms and mutations is always going to be with us. The only defense we have is vaccination. In my case, I've had two shots of Modera plus the booster. Yes, vaccinated people get Covid, but if they do they are ill for a few days and then are fine.

If you aren't vaccinated, please be vaccinated. There's no excuse not to be. It's free, available everywhere and chances are, if you can't come to a clinic, the clinic will come to you!

All that said, I'd like to see the following done:

1) Set a "vaccinate by" sometime in the first quarter of 2022.

2) After that, take all the mask mandates off. Take any other Covid related restrictions off.

3) Then, either permit health insurers to either not cover Covid for those who are not vaccinated or jack premiums sky high and;

4) Require proof of a Covid vaccination to board an airplane, train, bus, go to certain public places etc.

It's just time to get back to normal -- to go to the office, arenas, entertainment etc. We've done everything we can do for Covid and now it's time to either jump in and be vaccinated or face the consequences.

All very reasonable.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1828 on: November 26, 2021, 10:44:27 AM »

Fear and control. Never going to happen because FD Joe or whomever is making decisions in this country, will not let it happen. Also, too much money at stake. Again, fear and control in its purest form, hey?

😂
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1829 on: November 26, 2021, 12:44:42 PM »
BTW, forgetful I am not for lifting mask mandates everywhere.  Schools, health care, certain workplaces, etc. are all fine.  I have issues with the continuous nature of the health department mandates at places like restaurants, events, etc. where IMO it should be left to the people who run those venues.  With no clear criteria for when it should end.
I agree with this position. Unfortunately our big government, anti capitalism governor disagrees.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1830 on: November 26, 2021, 02:43:21 PM »
I agree with this position. Unfortunately our big government, anti capitalism governor disagrees.

LOL

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1831 on: November 26, 2021, 04:00:32 PM »
LOL

What else would you call government imposing rules on private businesses?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1832 on: November 26, 2021, 04:05:34 PM »
Is this a serious question?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1833 on: November 26, 2021, 04:09:18 PM »
pbi is mocking Desantis.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1834 on: November 26, 2021, 04:18:54 PM »

It's called regulation, dumbass.

You want to be a true libertarian?  Haiti awaits.

And if you want to talk about 'big government, anti-capitalism' former governor Walker gave billions of dollars to Foxxconn.  Your money, and mine.

It's a tired trope, and utter bullsh1t, that is what I LOLed.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1835 on: November 26, 2021, 04:34:07 PM »
It's called regulation, dumbass.

You want to be a true libertarian?  Haiti awaits.

And if you want to talk about 'big government, anti-capitalism' former governor Walker gave billions of dollars to Foxxconn.  Your money, and mine.

It's a tired trope, and utter bullsh1t, that is what I LOLed.

Regulation on businesses used to be something conservatives were against, but now it is something they cheer.  Calling out their hypocrisy isn’t tired trope unless you are the one being called out.
Sorry if that offends you. Conservatives are awful sensitive these days.
And no, wasn’t my money that went to a company that actually had their motives in their name. I told people it was a scam. But conservatives cheered it and praised Walker.
I am firmly against corporate welfare. Yah capitalism!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1836 on: November 26, 2021, 05:52:48 PM »
The funny thing about this exchange is that Hards and pbi actually agree.

(I think.)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1837 on: December 03, 2021, 11:23:47 AM »
Missouri tried to bury a state health department analysis that showed mask mandates are effective at curbing community spread and reducing deaths.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/missouri-withheld-data-showing-effectiveness-132036581.html

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1838 on: December 06, 2021, 11:57:31 AM »
NYC with the private business vaccine mandate

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1839 on: December 06, 2021, 11:05:49 PM »

Idiot lame duck mayor grandstanding - won’t ever be actually enforced.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1840 on: December 07, 2021, 07:25:22 AM »

When I was in NYC last month, the restaurant rule was definitely being enforced and most private businesses I dealt with had their own mandates. Very little masking. It was great.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1841 on: December 07, 2021, 07:54:49 AM »
When I was in NYC last month, the restaurant rule was definitely being enforced and most private businesses I dealt with had their own mandates. Very little masking. It was great.

Fluff - ditto.  I was in NYC Thanksgiving weekend and the restaurant I went into, the bartender demanded we show vax card and ID to prove it matched the card.

• All American
« Reply #1842 on: December 07, 2021, 08:25:04 AM »
Fluff - ditto.  I was in NYC Thanksgiving weekend and the restaurant I went into, the bartender demanded we show vax card and ID to prove it matched the card.

And you know what was most awesome about it?  Not a single complaint.  People are being responsible, loving their neighbor as themselves, and pretty much living as normal.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1843 on: December 07, 2021, 08:32:28 AM »

And you know what was most awesome about it?  Not a single complaint.  People are being responsible, loving their neighbor as themselves, and pretty much living as normal.

I can't believe you'd try to bring religion into this

• All American
« Reply #1844 on: December 07, 2021, 08:48:19 AM »
I can't believe you'd try to bring religion into this

Yeah I know.  Actually applying the Christian values I learned as a child in a real life situation.  Shame on me.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1845 on: December 07, 2021, 08:57:54 AM »

100% yes.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1846 on: December 07, 2021, 09:01:34 AM »

Good. Laboratory of democracy and all. Would love to see it spread.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1847 on: December 07, 2021, 10:45:50 AM »

Alternatively, you should go to NYC and see it for yourself.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1848 on: December 07, 2021, 12:18:57 PM »
Alternatively, you should go to NYC and see it for yourself.

See what for myself? How things are now in NYC is beside the point and has nothing to do with the new mandates. Nobody will be able to see for themselves how they work out because they’ll never be adopted.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1849 on: December 07, 2021, 01:59:49 PM »
See what for myself? How things are now in NYC is beside the point and has nothing to do with the new mandates. Nobody will be able to see for themselves how they work out because they’ll never be adopted.

Why wouldn't they be adopted? They're going into effect before the new mayor takes office.