[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Bob "Big Daddy" Wild
[Today at 08:40:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 173709 times)

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
Masks
« on: July 02, 2020, 11:02:31 PM »
Are we all wearing masks when shopping and in crowds? If not, why not?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Masks
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 11:10:59 PM »
I have worn a mask in public since April. It is such an easy and obvious way to fight this pandemic. It makes no sense to me that people fight the obvious answer.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 11:58:46 PM »
I am.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 12:03:48 AM »
Yes in any public indoor place, although I don't venture to many besides the grocery store.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 05:53:54 AM »
Yes, mandatory in Connecticut.  I put one on when stepping out of my office to go on the factory floor.  Any store I go in.  Picking up my take out food.  I have not worn one outside but I haven't been anywhere crowded.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 06:10:10 AM »
We all know why some Scoopers aren’t wearing masks. It’s very difficult to be a mouth breather and wear a mask.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 06:45:25 AM »
I have not been in a public building without one in 3.5 months. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 07:08:09 AM »
Yes in any public indoor place, although I don't venture to many besides the grocery store.

This is where I’m at too.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 07:30:34 AM »
I have not been in a public building without one in 3.5 months.

Same.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 07:36:07 AM »
I have occasionally forgotten it, but ditto.  I don't like it but you get used to it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2020, 08:53:40 AM »
Yes every time I enter a building that isn't my house it goes on and stays on.  Only exception is my office at work.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2020, 09:16:49 AM »
Yup.

Only buildings I frequent are grocery stores occasionally and masks are required here in Maryland.

Outside on walks/bike rides I have a gaiter type mask that I wear around my neck, but keep it down mostly unless I cant keep my distance.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2020, 09:22:52 AM »
Yes
Maigh Eo for Sam

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2020, 09:48:49 AM »
It’s great to read all the mask wearing, but at the same time, a relative in Northern Wisconsin posted this. That type of mindset is unfortunately fairly prevalent and makes me think we will continue to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2020, 11:19:41 AM »
Throughout time, man has thought he could beat Mother Nature. The more uneducated they are, the more they are convinced they can beat her.

Your northern relative isn’t tough. Just ignorant.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2020, 11:36:56 AM »
I do wear a mask 90% of the time if i get take out and have prepraid and just grabbing a bag i will not.

I waiver at times at wearing it when in the grocery store or picking up a few items in a big box store.  The reason is from what I have read and seen in interviews with Fauci he has said several times this is spread through prolonged contact between individuals.  I have even heard him talk about a mark of 5 minutes or more.
I still wear it cause i may bump into a friend and have a long conversation with them.  But those statements that have been put out there are what makes some people feel safe without one.
Just like many of us when this first started left groceries in the garage for several hours.

Simply put each state should mandate a mask indoors and outdoors when at large gatherings.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2020, 12:00:38 PM »
One of my daughters gave three Marquette masks for Father’s Day. All different, all stylish!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2020, 12:15:59 PM »
Y'all should try wearin' an N95, faceshield, loupes, and all the udder Martian (can ya say dat here?) gear all dey. It sucks major ass. Butt its da world in witch wee live, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2020, 12:35:37 PM »
Y'all should try wearin' an N95, faceshield, loupes, and all the udder Martian (can ya say dat here?) gear all dey. It sucks major ass. Butt its da world in witch wee live, aina?

That kind of puts into perspective how freakin' easy it is for the rest of us to take the simple step of wearing a cloth mask when we go out.

Glad to see that most here do. Sad to know that many others still don't....

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2020, 01:01:24 PM »

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2020, 01:25:43 PM »
Has anyone purchased or made Marquette ones? I saw fanatics had the behind-ear ones, but the ones that tie behind my head are the only ones that really feel comfortable. At present, I'm still rocking the floral patterned ones from family friends.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2020, 01:59:17 PM »

No kidding?   Wow.   I haven't been doing just that since St Patrick's day.   You have got to do it with A/C.   I have got to do it in the 90 degree heat at car accidents, shootings, stabbings, civil unrest.   I have got to do CPR in 85 degree heat with a N95 and face shield on.   I feel your pampered pain.

Pull up your big boy depends and wear a mask.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2020, 02:53:48 PM »
No kidding?   Wow.   I haven't been doing just that since St Patrick's day.   You have got to do it with A/C.   I have got to do it in the 90 degree heat at car accidents, shootings, stabbings, civil unrest.   I have got to do CPR in 85 degree heat with a N95 and face shield on.   I feel your pampered pain.

Pull up your big boy depends and wear a mask.

Thanks for the perspective.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2020, 02:59:30 PM »
I have been told that masks don’t help at all and actually make you sick. This is the land of the free, so I can choose what I put on my face or don’t. ‘Merica!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2020, 03:03:01 PM »
I don't.... freaking.... get it.      If only there was a vaccine.    If only there was a treatment.    If only there was a simple way we could stop the vast majority of transmission...   oh, wait....   there is.       Wear the masks.    Avoid large crowds. 

But....  that infringes on my right to be me.      Meh.   Getting COVID will infringe on a lot of things.   

Returning to a spirit of all for one and one for all versus this version of Rand-ian narcissism might actually help society.    Americans love to pitch in and help after snowstorms.     After tornadoes and wind storms when there is a job to do.     People willing to help others come out of the woodwork.     Channel that attitude into wearing masks.    Instead of thinking of the imposition, think of the good you are doing for yourself, your family, and the community around you.      By putting on a piece of cloth.   

Plus, I am so friggin' ugly that a mask is actually a benefit.