[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 179968 times)

Aughnanure

• All American
Re: Masks
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2020, 03:17:21 PM »
Yes, of course.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2020, 03:44:21 PM »
Visited a Home Depot and Binny's today and only saw one person without a mask. That was a kid, maybe 12, what I assume was his mother, who was wearing one. Maybe the kid has a medical issue? Otherwise, tough to figure what was going on there.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2020, 04:00:39 PM »
Marion county in Indiana just passed mandatory masks if in public buildings or when outside and unable to social distance.

I'm on the Nextdoor app for my neighborhood. Hoo boy. It's worse than Facebook

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2020, 05:39:00 PM »
No masks or social distancing required for tonight’s  actionable 4th celebration.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2020, 07:05:13 PM »
Marion county in Indiana just passed mandatory masks if in public buildings or when outside and unable to social distance.

I'm on the Nextdoor app for my neighborhood. Hoo boy. It's worse than Facebook

Never tried that. I like the idea promoting neighborhood security and such, but I imagine it could also turn neighbors into enemies pretty quickly when a hot-button issue comes up...

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2020, 11:20:23 PM »
I am in my neighborhood NextDoor group too. Sometimes it is jaw-dropping.

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2020, 12:15:57 AM »
I do believe wearing a mask has helped me save money by spending less time shopping and impulse buying. I just go in to stores get what I need and get out.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2020, 09:10:46 PM »
Why can't we get more people to wear masks? Hmmm...

A Kansas county Republican Party chairman who owns a weekly newspaper apologized Sunday for a cartoon posted on the paper's Facebook page that equated the Democratic governor's coronavirus-inspired order for people to wear masks in public with the mass murder of Jews by the Nazis during the Holocaust.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2020, 10:16:44 AM »
Wear one 90% of the time when in public indoor spaces. The other 10% being times I forget it, or will be in for a matter of seconds while picking something up.

Outdoors I don't, mainly because I avoid anything that would make distancing difficult. It's easy enough to give a wide berth when out for a walk/hike/at the park.

While I wear it, I don't get upset if I encounter people not wearing one, unless they refuse to keep distance. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2020, 05:36:28 PM »
Can anyone explain to me the argument against masks?

And I'm not referring to government overreach/violation of rights.

I'm asking about the individual choice to not wear one.

From my POV, it simply boils down to an individual being extremely selfish. As the point of the mask is to protect the community at large. Society>self.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2020, 06:10:30 PM »

Trump. That’s all.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2020, 06:25:55 PM »
Other than a very small percentage who can't wear them due to physical or psychological reasons, it is pure selfishness.  Narcissism.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2020, 06:48:05 PM »

And I'm not referring to government overreach/violation of rights.

I'm asking about the individual choice to not wear one.

From my POV, it simply boils down to an individual being extremely selfish. As the point of the mask is to protect the community at large. Society>self.

They know their personality is so abhorrent no one wants to be within 6 feet anyway

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2020, 06:50:43 PM »
Why won't some people wear masks?

Tribalists are gonna tribe.

When leaders of the tribe prey upon the irrational anticipatory fears of the tribe, the tribe listens and responds accordingly.

This is the majority of non mask wearers above. The legit medical reasons people is a very small group. The other small group are selfish self absorbed people that don't want to be inconvenienced. It took years for most to wear seat belts etc...there are always a few late adjusters to change. But most in my opinion are the tribe.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2020, 07:56:37 PM »
Well said.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2020, 09:18:57 PM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2020, 10:01:00 PM »
<sigh> No wonder we have issues.

https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1280662317139742722?s=21

And yet somehow this was not the dumbest thing Tucker said tonight.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2020, 06:46:09 AM »
Ohio GOP state lawmaker says "Never Get Tested!" and that he is against wearing masks because the face is the “image and likeness of God.”

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/ohio-nino-vitale-coronavirus-facebook-rant-085910141.html
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2020, 07:50:33 AM »
Speaking of masks, make a donation, get a Marquette-logo mask, and they will also donate a mask to a Marquette student:

https://give.marquette.edu/mask-social
Have some patience, FFS.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2020, 10:06:31 AM »
Speaking of masks, make a donation, get a Marquette-logo mask, and they will also donate a mask to a Marquette student:

https://give.marquette.edu/mask-social

Is Marquette not providing masks for its students?  Almost every school that I know of is distributing one, if not multiple cloth masks for each student free of charge, and Marquette is out here soliciting donations for a product that costs a few dollars?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2020, 10:49:47 AM »
I'm sure that they will ensure all of their students are masked (or just not on campus), and don't think they're soliciting donations for masks, but for the huge budget shortfall they're projecting.

Masks are just a relevant (fun?) opportunity for community engagement and for those who can donate to do so. 

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2020, 10:55:46 AM »
I need to know if it has a nose wire. So if someone has one, let me know. I did not see it mentioned ( unless I missed it due to my glasses fogging up😀).

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2020, 11:57:43 AM »
I need to know if it has a nose wire. So if someone has one, let me know. I did not see it mentioned ( unless I missed it due to my glasses fogging up😀).

I've cut holes in the top hem of our fabric masks and installed picture hanging wire, then sewed the hole back up. Takes a few minutes, but it improves the mask.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2020, 01:55:28 PM »
My company makes nose wire.  We're shipping 1000s of pounds a month.  Walmart is one of our customers.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2020, 04:03:45 PM »
I'm sure that they will ensure all of their students are masked (or just not on campus), and don't think they're soliciting donations for masks, but for the huge budget shortfall they're projecting.

Masks are just a relevant (fun?) opportunity for community engagement and for those who can donate to do so.

I have to believe this is the case. Essentially, a fund-raising opportunity that people can directly relate to.