[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: No Athletic Events if No Students on Campus BE  (Read 23009 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: No Athletic Events if No Students on Campus BE
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2020, 05:41:41 PM »
How about freedom of choice?? So people say it's not about me(even though if I get it, I'd likely die), it's about other people, when I'd be willing to bet most of the people that are TERRIFIED of getting this are healthy people that are low risk?? Makes sense. It started with the last occupant in the WH where we have our freedoms and rights trampled on, and told it's not important, but others rights are. Where terrible rules/laws and regulations were crammed down our throats and told we WILL/HAVE to accept this. Now, the same party wants to keep america down that path. You wonder why we got p*issed off and rose up and took the country back??

If you want I can go into some detail about the history of the federal government telling us what to do that wasn’t considered in violation of the Bill of Rights. And if you think Obama was bad, and it started with him, you have a serious lack of understanding of American history and the Constitution.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2020, 06:01:10 PM »
If I was carrying it, believe me, I'd know, I'd be sick...very sick if not dead. My point is, masks or no masks(and there are many studies that say masks aren't as effective as people believe), all the hand washing in the world, and people can STILL get it. You, I or anyone could get it from simply going to the grocery store, or work or wherever.

Ummm...perhaps you missed the million or so articles that make it clear you can carry COVID and shed the virus for as long as 14 days before symptoms appear.

The mask is to protect others during those 14 days.

Sorry if the facts aren’t convenient for you.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2020, 06:24:11 PM »
The truth is an agenda?
Okay, you go with that. I didn't vote for Trump but I can see through political bias.

Also, I personally know 2 doctors that had causes of death changed to Covid when it was not a factor. Maybe that's the only two but I doubt it.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2020, 06:25:56 PM »
Okay, you go with that. I didn't vote for Trump but I can see through political bias.

Also, I personally know 2 doctors that had causes of death changed to Covid when it was not a factor. Maybe that's the only two but I doubt it.

Who changed them...also curious why were they changed if you know. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 06:27:37 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2020, 06:36:18 PM »
I don't doubt that some deaths are incorrectly labeled as COVID related, but there's a zero percent chance the amount is higher than those who died due to COVID outside a hospital and were never diagnosed. The number of COVID related deaths is undoubtedly higher than the "confirmed" number.

• All American
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2020, 06:39:44 PM »

Oooo.  You're smart AND you know two doctors???  Wow!!!!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2020, 07:12:36 PM »
Nah, I’m just a dude who cares about his fellow citizens and wears a mask in public

Unless they are the "evil", "rich" bastards that work for the NCAA right??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2020, 07:17:22 PM »
I'm not sure what amazes me more, how the "liberal" media has convinced virtually every developed country in the world to kill citizens and shut down their economies just to stick it to one guy in America, or how the idea of people having to stay home is so hard they have to storm capital buildings and threaten police with long rifles because "freedom."

This was an easy win for the government. Use the DPA in January and February to ramp up testing and PPE production as soon as we had the first case. Start a UBI every 2 weeks once things started to shut down in March so people would have a financial lifeline. Guarantee financial protection to businesses that kept their employees on to prevent the unemployment rate from skyrocketing. Convert additional field hospitals in hot spots to contain and provide specialized treatment for the infected. And have a plan for reopening instituted and vetted by the CDC before allowing things to fire back up.

Instead, we looked at what was happening in China, Italy, and Spain and did...nothing. Nothing but blame others for our own failings while the death toll rose. Nothing but create conspiracy theories to convince ourselves it wasn't real despite us having more confirmed cases than Italy, Spain, the UK, Germany, Russia, and France combined. What a shambles we are.

There are no easy wins in this reality.   

You should run for president.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2020, 07:26:58 PM »
Who changed them...also curious why were they changed if you know.
The Tri-County Health Department in Colorado. The two doctors don't know why.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2020, 07:29:33 PM »

Oooo.  You're smart AND you know two doctors???  Wow!!!!
WTF? One lives next door and my wife works in a hospital.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2020, 07:42:37 PM »
If I was carrying it, believe me, I'd know, I'd be sick...very sick if not dead. My point is, masks or no masks(and there are many studies that say masks aren't as effective as people believe), all the hand washing in the world, and people can STILL get it. You, I or anyone could get it from simply going to the grocery store, or work or wherever.

Even high risk patients can be asymptomatic and contagious for days before feeling any effects. Just because you think you'd know doesn't make that true or even likely.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2020, 07:52:14 PM »
Unless they are the "evil", "rich" bastards that work for the NCAA right??

No, I’d wear a mask around them, too.  It’s just common decency.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2020, 07:56:37 PM »

So if they know they were notified. Who notified them?
Goal is National Championship

• All American
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2020, 07:58:00 PM »
WTF? One lives next door and my wife works in a hospital.

REALLY!!!  You live next door to a doctor!!!!   WOW!!!!

muguru

• All American
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2020, 07:58:56 PM »
No, I’d wear a mask around them, too.  It’s just common decency.

Even as high risk as I am, I don't begrudge anyone that doesn't choose to wear a mask. That's their right and I respect that. I don't think it means that they aren't a decent person and don't care about others at all. They are just choosing to do something that they have the right to do, because...well...America.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2020, 08:01:26 PM »
Even as high risk as I am, I don't begrudge anyone that doesn't choose to wear a mask. That's their right and I respect that. I don't think it means that they aren't a decent person and don't care about others at all. They are just choosing to do something that they have the right to do, because...well...America.

How do you feel about anti-vaxers. Pro them too?

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2020, 08:02:00 PM »
REALLY!!!  You live next door to a doctor!!!!   WOW!!!!
Okay, you win.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2020, 08:02:17 PM »
This has killed more Americans (72,000) than died from suicide (47,000) and drug overdoes (67,000) in all of 2018.
I am really interested in seeing the total number of U.S. deaths in 2020 compared to the total number of U.S. deaths in 2019.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 08:06:53 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2020, 08:06:24 PM »
More than Viet Nam.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2020, 08:11:27 PM »
I do not always wear a mask, but I generally do if I am going in a store. I think, if you follow Jesus's teaching, which is basically about putting other people first, you need to wear a mask.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2020, 08:19:01 PM »
I love that the shut down is being considered “asinine.” Pretty much every major country in the world has shut down at some point. We want to put every ounce of blame on China for duping Donald Trump so hey, can’t be Donald’s fault, for anything! Yet China shut down major, major cities. But the US shouldn’t have to do that! Liberate us!

What’s asinine is how uncoordinated the shut downs have been because of the complete lack of leadership at the top.

This is really an ignorant take on everything.  Do u understand there are states that bery very few covid cases and by the natural of their rural makeup are almost assuredly never going to have a covid issue?  Additionally, states due to the nature of the constitution have the right to open or close however and when ever they choose.  Some people just want to blame Trump for everything and will use anything to attack him, even when he has no say in when states open or close.  Ur political beliefs cloud ur ability to think rationally.  Deep breaths and understand how our Union works.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2020, 08:22:41 PM »
Because having students on campus requires people feeling reasonably safe from COVID-19 and the reason they don't is because of inadequate action from 45. The three things are inextricably linked.

If we had enough testing, it would help to contain the virus and insure people felt safe from COVID-19 which would allow students to return more safely to campus. It's not thread dissolution but rather a natural evolution.

Ur logic is not logical.  U can attack Trump all u want if it makes u feel better but ur logic is wrong.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2020, 08:28:56 PM »

I have a client whos father died and the hospital and death certificate called the death covid 19.  She was very upset about this as all the doctors n testing said he did not have covid.  Now i preface this with i have no knowledge or conspiracy theories about any of this.  I asked her why they would do this and she stated the hospitals are getting reimbursed more if its a covid death.  I have no idea if that is true or of any other conspiracy is in effect.  Just that it came up in a phone conversation and now in a recruiting thread 🤪

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2020, 08:32:52 PM »
This is really an ignorant take on everything.  Do u understand there are states that bery very few covid cases and by the natural of their rural makeup are almost assuredly never going to have a covid issue?  Additionally, states due to the nature of the constitution have the right to open or close however and when ever they choose.  Some people just want to blame Trump for everything and will use anything to attack him, even when he has no say in when states open or close.  Ur political beliefs cloud ur ability to think rationally.  Deep breaths and understand how our Union works.

Lol. Donald Trump cannot shut down a state himself you are right. Nobody said he could. What he could do is coordinate a unified approach. He’s done the opposite. But go on and believe it’s either China’s fault or the governors’ fault. Trump’s hands have been tied all along. It never is lol.

How are rural states and areas throughout the country doing with their covid responses? News flash, covid is hitting everywhere.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter