[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: No Athletic Events if No Students on Campus BE  (Read 23000 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: No Athletic Events if No Students on Campus BE
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2020, 08:34:18 PM »
I have a client whos father died and the hospital and death certificate called the death covid 19.  She was very upset about this as all the doctors n testing said he did not have covid.  Now i preface this with i have no knowledge or conspiracy theories about any of this.  I asked her why they would do this and she stated the hospitals are getting reimbursed more if its a covid death.  I have no idea if that is true or of any other conspiracy is in effect.  Just that it came up in a phone conversation and now in a recruiting thread 🤪

The irony of you telling everyone who doesn’t think Trump is absolutely killing this covid response that they are ignorant while then going and spreading this while admitting you have no idea if it is true is very rich.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muguru

• All American
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2020, 08:46:03 PM »
Alright, Sand knit just beautifully and gracefully owned every single lib in this thread just now. But as we know, Libs are VERY poor losers(see 2016 election), but this thread is officially over after that performance by Sand knit. Well done! *standing ovation*
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2020, 08:48:09 PM »
I have a client whos father died and the hospital and death certificate called the death covid 19.  She was very upset about this as all the doctors n testing said he did not have covid.  Now i preface this with i have no knowledge or conspiracy theories about any of this.  I asked her why they would do this and she stated the hospitals are getting reimbursed more if its a covid death.  I have no idea if that is true or of any other conspiracy is in effect.  Just that it came up in a phone conversation and now in a recruiting thread 🤪

Yeah that's not true. 

Honestly the people who thing this isn't as bad as it is are just insane.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 08:52:41 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2020, 08:52:02 PM »
This is really an ignorant take on everything.  Do u understand there are states that bery very few covid cases and by the natural of their rural makeup are almost assuredly never going to have a covid issue?  Additionally, states due to the nature of the constitution have the right to open or close however and when ever they choose.  Some people just want to blame Trump for everything and will use anything to attack him, even when he has no say in when states open or close.  Ur political beliefs cloud ur ability to think rationally.  Deep breaths and understand how our Union works.

Sigh....

That's not the point.  Everyone knows he can't tell states to open or close.  But he could have not ignored the problem earlier, could have marshalled support to have PPE and respirators available, could have sent clear messaging instead of chasing whackadoodle cures while issueing guidelines for how states should reopen while simultaneously telling citizens to ignore those guidelines.

He's been terrible.  Complete absense of leadership from the get go. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2020, 08:53:28 PM »

Sigh....

That's not the point.  Everyone knows he can't tell states to open or close.  But he could have not ignored the problem earlier, could have marshalled support to have PPE and respirators available, could have sent clear messaging instead of chasing whackadoodle cures while issueing guidelines for how states should reopen while simultaneously telling citizens to ignore those guidelines.

The people that have been conned are always the last to realize and accept it
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2020, 08:54:19 PM »
Alright, Sand knit just beautifully and gracefully owned every single lib in this thread just now. But as we know, Libs are VERY poor losers(see 2016 election), but this thread is officially over after that performance by Sand knit. Well done! *standing ovation*

Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2020, 08:56:56 PM »
Goal is National Championship

muguru

• All American
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2020, 09:01:05 PM »

Sigh....

If you or anyone else really and truly thinks the "other" candidate in 2016 would be handling this any better is absolutely off the rails crazy. It would be way worse...everyone should be thankful 45 is in office now, when you consider the only other option was Hillary...good god, Id hate to see this country now.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2020, 09:05:15 PM »
What about that whatabout-ism?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2020, 09:05:50 PM »
If you or anyone else really and truly thinks the "other" candidate in 2016 would be handling this any better is absolutely off the rails crazy. It would be way worse...everyone should be thankful 45 is in office now, when you consider the only other option was Hillary...good god, Id hate to see this country now.

I am judging the performance of the person who holds the office against my expectations.  If you want to keep making excuses or cooking up reasons not to hold him to a higher standard, that's your choice.  But my standards for Presidential leadership are apparently higher than yours.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2020, 09:07:07 PM »

The leadership from Washington D.C. is an utter embarrassment embraced only by fools

muguru

• All American
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2020, 09:20:55 PM »
The leadership from Washington D.C. is an utter embarrassment embraced only by fools

I love winning! We have been winning since 2016, and we have four more years of winning ahead. Don't hate bro, it's not healthy.  ;D

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2020, 09:22:04 PM »
I love winning! We have been winning since 2016, and we have four more years of winning ahead. Don't hate bro, it's not healthy.  ;D

80,000 Americans dead, the economy tanking.  I can’t handle all the winning

muguru

• All American
« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2020, 09:27:24 PM »

I am judging the performance of the person who holds the office against my expectations.  If you want to keep making excuses or cooking up reasons not to hold him to a higher standard, that's your choice.  But my standards for Presidential leadership are apparently higher than yours.

Now this I know is a flat out lie...your expectations can't be that high because after the abomination we had before 45, and you thinking he was great, absolutely says your expectations for leadership are extremely low. Thanks for playing Fluffy.  ;D

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2020, 09:34:07 PM »
I like turtles.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2020, 09:34:41 PM »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2020, 09:38:15 PM »
80,000 Americans dead, the economy tanking.  I can’t handle all the winning

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D You are such an angry person Rico.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2020, 09:42:05 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D You are such an angry person Rico.

Beats callous indifference, I suppose

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2020, 09:42:57 PM »
Ur logic is not logical.  U can attack Trump all u want if it makes u feel better but ur logic is wrong.

Guru asked a question. I answered it. If you can't connect three dots to form a triangle, I don't know what to tell you.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #144 on: May 09, 2020, 09:48:52 PM »
guru is really feeling himself tonight.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2020, 09:49:04 PM »
Weird trumpists on here. This is not political so its fine thanks

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2020, 10:10:23 PM »
Even as high risk as I am, I don't begrudge anyone that doesn't choose to wear a mask. That's their right and I respect that. I don't think it means that they aren't a decent person and don't care about others at all. They are just choosing to do something that they have the right to do, because...well...America.

If someone gets drunk at a bar and decides to drive home, do you begrudge them or do you respect that? Is that a decent person? Do they care about others at all? Do they have a choice to do something that they have a right to do because...well...America?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2020, 10:21:36 PM »
And there, in purest terms, is the crux of the debate, hell, society at large.   

What I want vs what is best for the most people.

Facts vs what I believe.

I can see you paid attention when we studied Utilitarianism in PHIL 104.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 11:44:18 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

muguru

• All American
« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2020, 11:23:17 PM »
If someone gets drunk at a bar and decides to drive home, do you begrudge them or do you respect that? Is that a decent person? Do they care about others at all? Do they have a choice to do something that they have a right to do because...well...America?

1000% different...drunk driving is illegal...not wearing a mask is not illegal. Apples and oranges.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2020, 12:25:32 AM »
Everyone, no matter what side of the aisle knows that Trump is a complete ass.  The people that like him are benefiting in some way from his policies and that’s ok.

Most of my friends are supporters of his and they get that he is a clown.  They understand that he is an embarrassment on a national and multinational stage every time he opens his mouth.

They accept it because he pushes their agenda.

His absence of leadership during this time is not unexpected to them or anyone. The inability to accept any responsibility whatsoever on anything or to be thoughtful about any opposing opinion is simply par for the course.  We knew it going in to his term.

The reason for this is the alternative of having an Obama disciple in office. That simply cannot be tolerated by his supporters. If there was a republican who had the same agenda but was not an attention grabbing whore who can’t see past his own nose they would vote for him/her in a heartbeat.  But their party is not giving them the option at this time.  The democrats are not giving them an obvious better option either.  So they defend him to death even though they know it does not feel right.

Trump was dealt a no win situation but no one can say he has been a good leader.  The country moves on despite him during this awful time not because of him.

Let’s just hope that he can take credit in the near future for some type of economic and pandemic recovery for the sake of the USA.  If it happens to feed his giant ego so be it.