[December 06, 2021, 04:53:30 PM]

2021-22 Big East Conference Results by tower912
[December 06, 2021, 04:20:07 PM]

NM by Fluffy Blue Monster
[December 06, 2021, 03:54:43 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 12/14/2020 by Nukem2
[December 06, 2021, 03:32:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Running Thread  (Read 12495 times)

bananahammock

• Starter
Re: Running Thread
« Reply #225 on: November 20, 2021, 01:07:23 PM »
Ran the Rock N Roll Half Marathon in Nashville today. Beat my goal time. Those who said it would be hilly were not lying.

I was originally planning on doing the full but switched distances. Couldn’t properly train with the wedding and honeymoon in the past couple of months. But with the rolling hills I’m happy that I decide to switch.
Congrats! That race came up in conversation during a group run today. One guy ran it a few years back and said quite a few people running the marathon dropped out after 13.1. Said the rolling hills got the best of many (temps and humidity were an issue, also). I need to run the 1/2 one of these years. Looked into it the past couple years but they were cancelled.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #226 on: November 20, 2021, 01:21:16 PM »
Ran the Rock N Roll Half Marathon in Nashville today. Beat my goal time. Those who said it would be hilly were not lying.

I was originally planning on doing the full but switched distances. Couldn’t properly train with the wedding and honeymoon in the past couple of months. But with the rolling hills I’m happy that I decide to switch.

Congrats!  That's my hometown, and I certainly wouldn't want to run that one.

Seattle is pretty brutal as well.

Don't they make it more of a country music-themed race?  Who was your big act?
Have some patience, FFS.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #227 on: November 20, 2021, 02:11:17 PM »

Congrats on the half today! 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #228 on: November 20, 2021, 03:30:23 PM »
Congrats!  That's my hometown, and I certainly wouldn't want to run that one.

Seattle is pretty brutal as well.

Don't they make it more of a country music-themed race?  Who was your big act?

I don’t think there was a big act unless I completely missed it. There was a post-race concert and some bands along the route, but none I’d heard of. Mix of country, rock and blues music. The route was great other than the hills

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #229 on: November 20, 2021, 07:54:54 PM »
Looks like I found my spring marathon - Easter weekend in Newport, RI.  A friend of mine is down to 4 states to go and is going to do that one so I think I'll join her.  Only 41 more to go for me  ;D

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #230 on: November 20, 2021, 08:33:55 PM »
Looks like I found my spring marathon - Easter weekend in Newport, RI.  A friend of mine is down to 4 states to go and is going to do that one so I think I'll join her.  Only 41 more to go for me  ;D

Afternoon delight planned, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards_Alumni

• All American
« Reply #231 on: November 21, 2021, 11:00:39 AM »

Newport is a very cool city.  Go check out the Breakers if you have some time.

feedback