[Today at 07:02:50 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by JakeBarnes
[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Running Thread  (Read 38713 times)

bananahammock

• Starter
Re: Running Thread
« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2022, 08:53:03 PM »
I’m considering signing up for it. Never have ran that race but run that area multiple times per week. Knows lots of people running it. My plan has me running 12 so it would work perfectly. I’m just worried that I’ll get caught up in the race and start pushing it when I’m suppose to keep an easy pace. Few minor pains have flared up this week.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #251 on: March 28, 2022, 09:04:26 AM »
I finally started the walk-run-walk-run part of my rehab last week, albeit on my treadmill but better than nothing.  I made it up again this Monday morning before work, so that's a good continuation.
One plus week in, it's going to be a slower ramp up than I was hoping, but at least it finally involves actual running.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2022, 10:16:09 PM »
I’m considering signing up for it. Never have ran that race but run that area multiple times per week. Knows lots of people running it. My plan has me running 12 so it would work perfectly. I’m just worried that I’ll get caught up in the race and start pushing it when I’m suppose to keep an easy pace. Few minor pains have flared up this week.

Yeah it can be tough to pace yourself sometimes but I've got the go slow down thing down pat now :).  It's a fun 1/2 to do and they have some good beer afterwards usually too as I recall.  I have to run some miles before and after though so I'll likely miss the beer this year.  I'm supposed to try to negative split for the race - we will see how that goes.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #253 on: April 01, 2022, 08:22:43 PM »
My goal for tomorrow's half was originally going to be negative splits - the goal now is to stay upright :).  The weather forecast is not looking so great for tomorrow morning...

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #254 on: April 01, 2022, 09:09:06 PM »
My goal for tomorrow's half was originally going to be negative splits - the goal now is to stay upright :).  The weather forecast is not looking so great for tomorrow morning...
Still contemplating signing up tomorrow morning and running it but perhaps knocking my miles out before the system rolls in is a better decision. Leaning towards being a spectator. Being out those trail shoes! Ha The weather might make it a memorable race!

Negative splits runs have become my fav.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #255 on: April 01, 2022, 09:25:47 PM »
Still contemplating signing up tomorrow morning and running it but perhaps knocking my miles out before the system rolls in is a better decision. Leaning towards being a spectator. Being out those trail shoes! Ha The weather might make it a memorable race!

Negative splits runs have become my fav.

Well the good news is I picked up my packet tonight and I like the long sleeve t-shirt they added this year and I now have my throw away gloves for my upcoming marathon with their ugly gloves :).  I think it was 2016 that it was snowing and slick roads for this race - this forecast is reminding me of that day.

Negative splits always intimidate me to think about but I have had been able to do it most of the time.

I'm technically supposed to run 20 tomorrow but am guessing I'll end up with 15 most likely.  A friend and I are meeting to run 2 miles before the race and I am having trouble finding motivation to run any additional miles on my own after the race :).

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #256 on: April 02, 2022, 03:33:33 PM »
Fan…how’d it go? Weather cooperated for the first 90 minutes. 

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #257 on: April 02, 2022, 05:53:05 PM »
Fan…how’d it go? Weather cooperated for the first 90 minutes.

The first part was great.  I think I was around 7 miles in when it started precipitating.  The last 3 miles the snow was coming down pretty good and it wasn’t so pleasant.  I was pretty wet and cold after the race.  Negative splits didn’t quite happen but I was able to raise my HR the last half.  Now I just have to run twice as far two weeks from today - hopefully it won’t snow for that race 😀

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #258 on: April 03, 2022, 10:07:33 AM »
The first part was great.  I think I was around 7 miles in when it started precipitating.  The last 3 miles the snow was coming down pretty good and it wasn’t so pleasant.  I was pretty wet and cold after the race.  Negative splits didn’t quite happen but I was able to raise my HR the last half.  Now I just have to run twice as far two weeks from today - hopefully it won’t snow for that race 😀
You definitely ran past me yesterday (I stayed until just about everyone had passed) as I set up shop on bench behind the condos/apartments in Saint Francis. Got a little chilly sitting there.
You’ve probably mentioned in a previous post but what marathon are you running in 2 weeks? Enjoy a couple easier training weeks and have a great race!

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #259 on: April 03, 2022, 12:16:10 PM »
You definitely ran past me yesterday (I stayed until just about everyone had passed) as I set up shop on bench behind the condos/apartments in Saint Francis. Got a little chilly sitting there.
You’ve probably mentioned in a previous post but what marathon are you running in 2 weeks? Enjoy a couple easier training weeks and have a great race!

I was kind of wishing I'd taken advantage of the early start at 8:15A - you didn't qualify for awards if you did that but I wasn't going to win any awards anyway.  But it's good practice for marathons which may have bad weather also of course.

I'm going out to Newport, RI for a marathon there.  A good friend of mine has about 5 states to go and is doing that one so I decided to go and do that one also.  She's traveling with some family and I'm going on my own but I will see her out there of course.  This will be state number 10 assuming all goes ok :).

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #260 on: April 03, 2022, 08:09:15 PM »
Good friend, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #261 on: April 08, 2022, 10:34:35 AM »
I was kind of wishing I'd taken advantage of the early start at 8:15A - you didn't qualify for awards if you did that but I wasn't going to win any awards anyway.  But it's good practice for marathons which may have bad weather also of course.

I'm going out to Newport, RI for a marathon there.  A good friend of mine has about 5 states to go and is doing that one so I decided to go and do that one also.  She's traveling with some family and I'm going on my own but I will see her out there of course.  This will be state number 10 assuming all goes ok :).

We will both be taking out talents to the east coast next weekend. Only state #3 for me (only my 3rd marathon). I sure hope the weather is an upgrade from the rut we are stuck in here.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #262 on: April 08, 2022, 10:47:57 AM »
We will both be taking out talents to the east coast next weekend. Only state #3 for me (only my 3rd marathon). I sure hope the weather is an upgrade from the rut we are stuck in here.

Are you running Boston?  I just don’t want snow 😀

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #263 on: April 08, 2022, 01:16:58 PM »
Signed up for the Indianapolis Mini Marathon next month. Easy drive to knock off a state. Not sure if I'm going to stick with the 50 state race goal but it's a good way to get out of Milwaukee for a weekend.

Looking for a fall marathon. As of now, leaning towards Twin Cities. Has anyone completed that one? If so, how was your experience?

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #264 on: April 08, 2022, 01:45:00 PM »
Signed up for the Indianapolis Mini Marathon next month. Easy drive to knock off a state. Not sure if I'm going to stick with the 50 state race goal but it's a good way to get out of Milwaukee for a weekend.

Looking for a fall marathon. As of now, leaning towards Twin Cities. Has anyone completed that one? If so, how was your experience?

I’m also leaning towards the TC this Fall. I’ve never ran the full but have done the 10-miler many times (same day as the marathon and , I believe, is the last 10 miles of the marathon). Just have to prepare for a never-ending slight incline up Summit Ave ~miles 22-25. I’ve also ran on my own around the lakes that are part of the route. Beautiful area.

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #265 on: April 08, 2022, 01:47:31 PM »

Indy includes a loop around the race track, no?
Talked to someone last weekend that is also running the Indy mini.

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #266 on: April 08, 2022, 01:56:25 PM »
Are you running Boston?  I just don’t want snow 😀
I am. Sifting through the logistics. With the later starting time for Boston, I thought I’d be able to sleep in a bit. Nope, need to board the shuttle for the start line 3 hours before my start time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #267 on: April 08, 2022, 03:02:38 PM »

Different race but I ran the Indianapolis Marathon in November 2018 - have nver done the Indy Mini-Marathon - good luck!

I haven't done the Twin Cities Marathon before but have heard good things about it.  I kind of wish I'd done that for my MN marathon instead of Grandma's Marathon. 

I have to figure out what my fall marathon is going to be yet - will probably start thinking more about it after next weekend.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #268 on: April 08, 2022, 03:04:54 PM »
I am. Sifting through the logistics. With the later starting time for Boston, I thought I’d be able to sleep in a bit. Nope, need to board the shuttle for the start line 3 hours before my start time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh wow - logistics like that is where my nightmares about missing the start of races come from :) .  That's great that you are running Boston - I'll never be able to qualify but I'm ok with being a slow runner with endurance :) .

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #269 on: April 14, 2022, 08:35:37 PM »
Fan…safe travels and have a great race!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #270 on: April 14, 2022, 08:43:33 PM »
Indy includes a loop around the race track, no?
Talked to someone last weekend that is also running the Indy mini.

Ran the Indy Marathon about 10 years ago this November. Morning cold gave way to a steady drizzle which eventually turned to sleet. And the course didn’t include a loop around the track. To say I was relieved when I saw the finish line in the distance would be a major understatement.

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #271 on: April 14, 2022, 09:02:13 PM »
Ran the Indy Marathon about 10 years ago this November. Morning cold gave way to a steady drizzle which eventually turned to sleet. And the course didn’t include a loop around the track. To say I was relieved when I saw the finish line in the distance would be a major understatement.
I’ve been pretty fortunate with race day weather. I’ve heard many say the miserable ones remain the most memorable.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #272 on: April 14, 2022, 11:26:14 PM »
I’ve been pretty fortunate with race day weather. I’ve heard many say the miserable ones remain the most memorable.

I have been incredibly lucky as well. I think the worst one was rain at the Chicago marathon in 2018. But it wasn’t coming down too hard and the temperature was fine.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #273 on: April 15, 2022, 07:24:28 PM »
I have been incredibly lucky as well. I think the worst one was rain at the Chicago marathon in 2018. But it wasn’t coming down too hard and the temperature was fine.

It rained most of Lakefront 2016 but was actually great running weather in my opinion as it wasn’t too cold and it wasn’t a downpour.  It was worse for my family watching me that day.

Weather looks great for me tomorrow - low of 40 and high of 56.  And it should be around 50 by the time the race starts.  I’ll start with a long sleeve shirt but plan on discarding that during the race - found the perfect one to bring as it has a hole in it.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #274 on: April 21, 2022, 09:10:39 PM »

How did Boston go?