collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Protests  (Read 75560 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Protests
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2020, 11:50:35 AM »
I'm not unhinged or insulting, unless attacked first (except for jockitch.)  Hards has been hysterical about this from day one.  Hards is the one that asks dumb questions, and gets bent out of shape when the answers don't fit his myopic world view.  Hards is attacking everyone.

Why are you pumping me and not hards?  Is it because you are as myopic as Hards in your world view too?  Do you know Hards?  I'm just curious why you aren't playing it both ways here.

irony.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2020, 11:51:31 AM »
I'm not unhinged or insulting, unless attacked first (except for jockitch.)  Hards has been hysterical about this from day one.  Hards is the one that asks dumb questions, and gets bent out of shape when the answers don't fit his myopic world view.  Hards is attacking everyone.

Why are you pumping me and not hards?  Is it because you are as myopic as Hards in your world view too?  Do you know Hards?  I'm just curious why you aren't playing it both ways here.

I got into it with Hards on the Illinois forum. Got into it with you on one of them as well. Seems I'm trying to play it  both ways to me. If you'd like me to tell him to chill out I'm happy to, "hey Hards chill out man we're all stressed"

Some of your recent greatest hits that seem as low as Hards to goose, yet RC83 didn't mention you so I thought it was worth a question. Not to mention in trying to say you aren't unhinged or insulting you actually admitted you are.

I must have been drunk.  I think you're a no talent ass-clown.

I know you think you are the smartest person around, but you've proven on multiple levels that your are clueless in just the last 2 hours.

Stop digging.  You're making yourself look like a bigger as$hole with every post.

Maybe ask for some advise instead of being a know it all in an empty suit.  No wonder your grunts dont want to come back to work for you.

Libs dont do donations to charity.  They believe that the government should take care of all social needs.

You must be fun at nowhere.

no better than Hards
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2020, 11:52:39 AM »
Do you want this thread locked?  Because this is how you get threads locked.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2020, 11:53:23 AM »
So, help me, if you make me pull over and stop this thread....
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2020, 11:53:39 AM »

Sorry  :-X

Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2020, 11:53:58 AM »

Yes.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2020, 11:59:13 AM »
Sure lock it, but let's not pretend I have been the instigator here.  If you go back through my post history, there are very mild insults like, "old man", "snowflake", and "little buddy"

That's about it.  Meanwhile, what I'm subjected to is much worse.  But its fine, I was told to stop, and I did.  And then the gang showed up to defend each other and rag on me.

Their narrative that I'm sort of boogeyman destroying things is something they're just pushing because for the first time in a while, people have challenged their 'world view' and its painful for them.

Lock it if you want, either way, I won't be back to check it.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2020, 12:40:59 PM »
Can we just stop the Scoop insults and get back to the morons insulting the healthcare workers trying to save their lives?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2020, 07:59:54 PM »
Liberate the STATES!  (except Georgia)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2020, 09:35:10 AM »
Liberate the STATES!  (except Georgia)
Hey!  You take that back! 

It's not our fault... <snip - not productive>
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 10:55:53 AM by rocky_warrior »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2020, 09:54:52 AM »
It would be funny as hell if protesters, properly masked and practicing social distancing, converged on the capitol to demand the state stay closed for a course more weeks.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2020, 09:56:04 AM »
Here's what this thread needs.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2020, 10:15:51 AM »
Every thread needs that.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2020, 11:06:52 AM »
Here's what this thread needs.

That is NOT a spaniel with a short tail tho...

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2020, 11:25:38 AM »

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2020, 01:16:19 PM »
That is NOT a spaniel with a short tail tho...

Can't argue with that!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2020, 02:13:47 PM »
Another small but noisy "ReOpenNC" protest in downtown Charlotte today, but more than 3 out of every 4 North Carolinians polled disagree with the protesters.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article242411616.html?

Friday’s protest came the same day that North Carolina’s death total from COVID-19 rose to nearly 400, according to the Department of Health and Human Services. The number of confirmed cases rose to 10,923. Mecklenburg County’s death toll rose to 50, with 1,654 confirmed cases.

A new Meredith College poll released Friday showed 76% of N.C. voters support Cooper’s extension of the stay-at-home order. Nearly 78% support his decision to close public schools.

“Despite the claims of groups like ReOpenNC and President Trump about reopening the economy and getting back to normal, most North Carolinians are paying attention to public health professionals and seeing the impact of coronavirus firsthand,” said poll director David McLennan. “As such, they are very cautious about resuming pre-COVID-19 activities.”

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2020, 09:12:44 AM »
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 10:39:50 AM by jesmu84 »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2020, 09:29:46 AM »
At some point y'all are going to have to take that first step and put your toes in the water....and there won't be any guarantees. No one can go on living life in this manner.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2020, 09:40:46 AM »
At some point y'all are going to have to take that first step and put your toes in the water....and there won't be any guarantees. No one can go on living life in this manner.

At some point, yes. It’s Polar Bear Plunge time right now, and I have no interest in testing the water temp. I know it’s freezing.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2020, 09:45:06 AM »

No one suggests otherwise.  Clearly that is going to have to happen.  Having mass protests, that are much about other issues than frustrations about staying at home frankly, are not helpful though and could actually delay what they are trying to accomplish.

Using words like "liberate" to describe this situation is pretty assinine.  I don't think our forefathers faught so you could get a haircut, or go out to eat at an Applebees, during a pandemic.  Honestly I think this is a sad reflection on our society more than anything.  We're selfish and lack a sense of share sacrifice.

Of course, this goes back to the mixed messaging from the top.  Stronger, consistent and positive messaging would have helped this tremendously.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2020, 10:01:28 AM »
Anyone who wants to be liberated can work in a meat packing plant tomorrow. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2020, 10:07:53 AM »
Sorry, kin, but some of us have kept doing the same stuff at work that we have been for 30 years.   No extra time off.    Some of us have gone out of our way to support open local businesses more than ever.    Some of us have looked for ways to help our neighbors through errands, yard work, money.   
 I've been living my life.   When the restrictions are lifted, it will be nice to watch my kid play travel baseball, to sit down in a restaurant.    But I don't need to re-engage because I haven't disengaged.

Go to work in a meat processing plant.   Use your medical knowledge to volunteer to help to COVID tests.   Make meals for poor kids and homebound senior citizens.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2020, 10:26:38 AM »
Fahrenheit 451, if you think going back to life as it was on March 13, 2020 is happening when we all return to "normalcy," then I won't spoil your belief in Santa Claus and the Easter bunny. There will be a new definition of "normal" and a new American economy going forward. The damages over the past 6 weeks will take years to recover.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2020, 10:30:04 AM »
Agreed.   So... What do you want your new normal to be?   The world has changed.  Have you?   How are you going to make your best lemonade?

feedback