collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Protests  (Read 75491 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Protests
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2020, 09:00:45 PM »
Ugh.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2020, 09:23:20 PM »
I ignore pretty much every opinion that starts with "the media."

But that being said, these protests are not being covered responsibly.  They are statistically insignificant. Coverage of these has been intended to fan conflict where it doesn't really exist, and its working.  A handful of losers show up to these, they get covered as legitimate movements, liberals get worked up and start value-projecting like damn disco balls, and then more people show up to "own the libs."  All of a sudden it looks like a real thing and pols trying to make a name for themselves by owning the libs have the political cover to do what they were always going to do anyway.  Makes nihlism look like an attractive option.  At least it has the meats.
I thought it was appropriate, given the Arby's reference.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2020, 09:51:18 PM »
Isn’t that true of many protests?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2020, 09:55:20 PM »
Congratulations guys, ya got this thread and board exactly where ya want it...one big circle jerk. Enjoy
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2020, 10:19:53 PM »
Congratulations guys, ya got this thread and board exactly where ya want it...one big circle jerk. Enjoy

Thanks!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2020, 10:36:55 PM »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2020, 12:31:32 AM »
I thought it was appropriate, given the Arby's reference.

No, the protestors don't represent a significant portion of the population. The problem is their abject stupidity will get people sick and potentially kill them. It will potentially adversely impact progress that has been made. We've seen how this virus can and will spread. It's insidious.

There's no excuse for the behavior of these people. If they were just going to thin their own ranks I honestly wouldn't care. But that's not reality. 

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2020, 01:40:42 AM »
Looks like georgia is gonna let er rip on friday. Short little stay at home thing now back to normal. Amazing

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2020, 02:15:57 AM »
Looks like georgia is gonna let er rip on friday. Short little stay at home thing now back to normal. Amazing

What could go wrong....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2020, 07:00:15 AM »
And look who “won”.

What did I win?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2020, 07:09:55 AM »
Make a compelling fact based case that the federal response has been timely and adequate.  Please.   Make a compelling case that having a mob in a time of social distancing is wise health choice.  Please.

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2020, 07:35:59 AM »
Make a compelling fact based case that the federal response has been timely and adequate.  Please.   Make a compelling case that having a mob in a time of social distancing is wise health choice.  Please.

This has been asked of people repeatedly.  And then promply ignored.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2020, 08:02:32 AM »

This is funny because that's how the old political forum was for you Chico's heisy willie guru rara etc. didn't seem to have a problem with a good old fashion game of soggy biscuit then.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2020, 08:37:35 AM »
This is funny because that's how the old political forum was for you Chico's heisy willie guru rara etc. didn't seem to have a problem with a good old fashion game of soggy biscuit then.
I had never heard that phrase before...and now after Googling it I am sorry I did.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2020, 08:42:38 AM »
...and now after Googling it...

Oh no!
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2020, 08:43:16 AM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2020, 08:43:55 AM »
I had never heard that phrase before...and now after Googling it I am sorry I did.

I'd just go ahead and delete your search history now if I were you
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2020, 09:24:04 AM »
Rocky,

So, when are you going to hit Hards with the ban hammer?  He’s way over the top and a weee bit paranoid too.  He has zero tolerance and sees the ghost of Chico’s around every corner.

I get it, he was worried about his parents, and apparently has a business to worry about.  He’s having a tough time right now.

There have been others, from both sides, who reconciled some differences on the board today. Hards...he continues.

Sorry little buddy, you all offended?  You just showed up a few days late to the pissing match to call for a ban?  Grow up, snowflake.

The heat died down, and you came with the gasoline.  I think your friend can defend himself and his actions without ganging up on me.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2020, 09:26:49 AM »
Also, Cheeks isn't around every corner.  He's just one guy with at least WarriorDad as a second account.

I'll drop it since it bothers people.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2020, 10:12:28 AM »
Sorry little buddy, you all offended?  You just showed up a few days late to the pissing match to call for a ban?  Grow up, snowflake.

The heat died down, and you came with the gasoline.  I think your friend can defend himself and his actions without ganging up on me.

🙄

Respond with childish insults. Thanks for proving my point. Just settle down.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2020, 10:51:37 AM »
🙄

Don't worry, your buddy has been protected.  Thanks for being the human shield here. lol

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2020, 11:18:31 AM »
🙄

Can I ask why you are only pumping Hards in here and not ZFB? He's been just as unhinged and insulting and Hards. Is it a similar views thing? Do you know one and not the other? I'm just curious why you aren't playing it both ways here.
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2020, 11:34:47 AM »
Don't worry, your buddy has been protected.  Thanks for being the human shield here. lol

Gents - move along.  RC & I have taken this offline - no need to keep piling on.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2020, 11:37:33 AM »
Can I ask why you are only pumping Hards in here and not ZFB? He's been just as unhinged and insulting and Hards. Is it a similar views thing? Do you know one and not the other? I'm just curious why you aren't playing it both ways here.

I'm not unhinged or insulting, unless attacked first (except for jockitch.)  Hards has been hysterical about this from day one.  Hards is the one that asks dumb questions, and gets bent out of shape when the answers don't fit his myopic world view.  Hards is attacking everyone.

Why are you pumping me and not hards?  Is it because you are as myopic as Hards in your world view too?  Do you know Hards?  I'm just curious why you aren't playing it both ways here.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2020, 11:49:55 AM »

not sure about heisy, guru and willie, but yeah, chicos was the man-miss that sonuva...gun!  "soggy biscuit"-never heard that one 'round my parts-made me laugh GE
don't...don't don't don't don't