[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Protests  (Read 75382 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Protests
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2020, 09:33:19 PM »
Thanks for the updated link.  No surprise that these are being funded and pushed by the "shallow state"

More:

https://twitter.com/AltCyberCommand/status/1251941209779494913?s=19

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2020, 07:15:49 AM »
Voters incapable of thinking for themselves still inexplicably incapable of thinking for themselves

🏀

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2020, 07:19:12 AM »
Every footage of protesters just look like they get together and eat meat together. Then brag about it on message boards.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2020, 10:07:25 AM »
Every footage of protesters just look like they get together and eat meat together. Then brag about it on message boards.
They take their cue from the top. This is what "outstanding leadership" looks like to them:

Trump brands FBI top brass ‘human scum’, calls CNN reporter ‘brainless’, and says he’s ‘not a fan’ of Mitt Romney
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-brands-fbi-top-brass-104641147.html

This is how far the office has fallen.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2020, 10:34:56 AM »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2020, 10:35:20 AM »

I laughed.

Thanks.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2020, 10:45:38 AM »
https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1252055898819899393?s=20

Honestly, that was a brilliant and simple counter protest.

Did anyone ever think they would see a day, where in the middle of a global pandemic, you would have the president encouraging protests of the other parties states, for trying to save lives?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2020, 10:47:45 AM »
https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1252055898819899393?s=20

One thing I do not get, is how can rational people on here I truly respect (for their business acumen, education and basketball knowledge) feel good when winning politically means aligning their views with this filth. There's anxiety and frustration towards the shut down but telling healthcare workers from the front line to go to China is, as the second worst presidential candidate in my memory put it, "Deplorable".
Maigh Eo for Sam

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2020, 10:49:58 AM »
One thing I do not get, is how can rational people on here I truly respect (for their business acumen, education and basketball knowledge) feel good when winning politically means aligning their views with this filth. There's anxiety and frustration towards the shut down but telling healthcare workers from the front line to go to China is, as the second worst presidential candidate in my memory put it, "Deplorable".

Ah, yes. The video:

https://twitter.com/MarcZenn/status/1251975162926227457?s=20

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2020, 11:53:17 AM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2020, 12:31:10 PM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2020, 12:41:13 PM »
If people want to protest government efforts to save their life and throw hatred at healthcare workers, fine. But they should identify themselves and waive medical care if/when they get infected.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2020, 03:03:26 PM »
If people want to protest government efforts to save their life and throw hatred at healthcare workers, fine. But they should identify themselves and waive medical care if/when they get infected.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2020, 03:34:20 PM »
Love.   It.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2020, 03:37:38 PM »

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2020, 05:14:25 PM »
What happened to no politics?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2020, 05:15:43 PM »

Its not politics, its current events.   ::) ::)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2020, 06:14:10 PM »

It is impossible to discuss Covid-19 in the US and leave politics out of it. The US president is running the show on this one, he's running daily press briefings.   This is effecting everyone, and we're *trying* to let people have reasonable discussions about this. 

Nobody has been banned for politics on this board - but we have deleted a number of posts that are not appropriate.  We have also banned a few people for general inappropriate posting and instigating.    If you feel false or misleading information has been posted, please do correct it.  We want as much factual information here as possible.  But also know that you'll get blasted (by either side) if you post propaganda or fake news.  Opinions are OK too - but don't vent too much or it might get deleted. 

This is a global pandemic, and this is a forum to talk about it.  We're not relaxing that rule in other boards (or, not trying to...).   

And finally - I've said it a million times before - we don't WANT to moderate anything.  We'd prefer you all behave and make our lives easier.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2020, 06:25:33 PM »

It’s interesting that there are two posts poking fun at stupid people and you think it’s political.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2020, 08:18:13 PM »
I ignore pretty much every opinion that starts with "the media."

But that being said, these protests are not being covered responsibly.  They are statistically insignificant. Coverage of these has been intended to fan conflict where it doesn't really exist, and its working.  A handful of losers show up to these, they get covered as legitimate movements, liberals get worked up and start value-projecting like damn disco balls, and then more people show up to "own the libs."  All of a sudden it looks like a real thing and pols trying to make a name for themselves by owning the libs have the political cover to do what they were always going to do anyway.  Makes nihlism look like an attractive option.  At least it has the meats.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2020, 08:46:01 PM »
It is impossible to discuss Covid-19 in the US and leave politics out of it. The US president is running the show on this one, he's running daily press briefings.   This is effecting everyone, and we're *trying* to let people have reasonable discussions about this. 

Nobody has been banned for politics on this board - but we have deleted a number of posts that are not appropriate.  We have also banned a few people for general inappropriate posting and instigating.    If you feel false or misleading information has been posted, please do correct it.  We want as much factual information here as possible.  But also know that you'll get blasted (by either side) if you post propaganda or fake news.  Opinions are OK too - but don't vent too much or it might get deleted. 

This is a global pandemic, and this is a forum to talk about it.  We're not relaxing that rule in other boards (or, not trying to...).   

And finally - I've said it a million times before - we don't WANT to moderate anything.  We'd prefer you all behave and make our lives easier.

Rocky,

So, when are you going to hit Hards with the ban hammer?  He’s way over the top and a weee bit paranoid too.  He has zero tolerance and sees the ghost of Chico’s around every corner.

I get it, he was worried about his parents, and apparently has a business to worry about.  He’s having a tough time right now.

There have been others, from both sides, who reconciled some differences on the board today. Hards...he continues.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2020, 08:55:59 PM »
Rocky,

So, when are you going to hit Hards with the ban hammer?  He’s way over the top and a weee bit paranoid too.  He has zero tolerance and sees the ghost of Chico’s around every corner.

I get it, he was worried about his parents, and apparently has a business to worry about.  He’s having a tough time right now.

There have been others, from both sides, who reconciled some differences on the board today. Hards...he continues.

If you want someone banned, report it to the mods. Whining to everyone like this is not a good look.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2020, 08:56:48 PM »
Really.

King of the whiners.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2020, 08:59:22 PM »
Rocky,

This type of response doesn't help at all.  If anyone says something offensive, report it.  If you think they're spreading misinformation, refute it.   But complaining publicly doesn't earn much respect from any of the mods (not just me...).  It comes off as whiny. 

If hards thinks everyone is Cheeks, that's whiny and annoying too.  But it's not exactly ban worthy.  I know we've removed a bunch of HA's posts, but I don't recall anything actually ban worthy.  Did he have a public spat with Goose?  Yes.  Does Goose deserve some blame for that too? Yes.  Do you want me to ban them both?  No - and I wouldn't.  Is that why you're suddenly calling out Hards?  Because Goose doesn't deserve any critisim?  I don't get it.

feedback