[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: US postal service  (Read 33420 times)

shoothoops

• All American

MUBurrow

• All American
Re: US postal service
« Reply #251 on: August 14, 2020, 01:11:19 PM »
There is a difference in voting absentee through the mail and sending a ballot to every registered voter.

The first is fine and has been done for years.  The latter would be so full of errors, mistakes and fraud, it's scary.

I vote absentee every election, but mainly because i dont want to stand in line with the plebs.

I'm fine with requiring voters who want to vote via mail to request a ballot.  It should just be as easy as securely possible to do so.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #252 on: August 14, 2020, 01:31:56 PM »
I did a mail in ballot in April. 

There is zero chance I will do that in November.  I'll mask up and vote in person.

Do. Not. Mail. Your. Ballot.   

Every municipality has some form of drop box. Take it there personally.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2020, 02:15:26 PM »
Base your opinion on data please, instead of your emotions.

You're new here, ain't ya?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2020, 02:41:47 PM »
I did a mail in ballot in April. 

There is zero chance I will do that in November.  I'll mask up and vote in person.

Do. Not. Mail. Your. Ballot.   

Every municipality has some form of drop box. Take it there personally.
That is where I am.   I will take my mail in ballot and drop it off at the clerk's office a week before the election.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #255 on: August 14, 2020, 03:06:24 PM »
Montana.

https://nbcmontana.com/news/local/dozens-of-montana-usps-drop-boxes-removed?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

To be fair, one would be hard-pressed to legitimately claim this was part of some sort of Republican or Trump conspiracy to rig the election.

Montana is a red state.  They would want more, not fewer, people to vote there. 
It's only 3 electoral votes.  If you were going to get rid of drop boxes in order to sway the election, you would probably pick somewhere more densely populated.
Most people can mail a letter by putting in their own mailbox and putting the flag up. At worst, they can go to their own post office.  If they can find a way to mail their bill payments, they can find a way to vote.
Lastly, could it actually be possible that the claim that these boxes were rarely used is actually true?  People like to bitch about how inefficient government operations are, but the minute that no-brainer cost-cutting measures might inconvenience them, they are the first to complain.
Have some patience, FFS.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #256 on: August 14, 2020, 03:52:14 PM »
To be fair, one would be hard-pressed to legitimately claim this was part of some sort of Republican or Trump conspiracy to rig the election.

It's only 3 electoral votes.  If you were going to get rid of drop boxes in order to sway the election, you would probably pick somewhere more densely populated.
Most people can mail a letter by putting in their own mailbox and putting the flag up. At worst, they can go to their own post office.  If they can find a way to mail their bill payments, they can find a way to vote.
Lastly, could it actually be possible that the claim that these boxes were rarely used is actually true?  People like to bitch about how inefficient government operations are, but the minute that no-brainer cost-cutting measures might inconvenience them, they are the first to complain.

Very, very competitive senate election there this year that could end up very well deciding the majority in the Senate.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #257 on: August 14, 2020, 04:39:07 PM »
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #258 on: August 14, 2020, 04:52:13 PM »
Very, very competitive senate election there this year that could end up very well deciding the majority in the Senate.
This^. The Senate race is a dead heat atm, and Republics believe mail-in voting favors Democrats, though I have seem analysis that says there is no advantage, typically, for one side or the other. This year, with COVID, that might not be true.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #259 on: August 14, 2020, 05:00:21 PM »
Disappointed that so many Americans think it's a good idea that the president of the United States has declared war on the U.S. Postal Service for the express purpose of affecting the upcoming election.

One would think that every American would be sickened by this.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #260 on: August 14, 2020, 05:05:12 PM »
Disappointed that so many Americans think it's a good idea that the president of the United States has declared war on the U.S. Postal Service for the express purpose of affecting the upcoming election.

His actual *stated* purpose.

Republicans have never been bigger sell outs.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #261 on: August 14, 2020, 06:15:17 PM »
Why is the goal to privatize the USPS?

Do we try to privatize fire departments? Police departments? The military?

It's a federal entity that provides a service to citizens at a hell of a price.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #262 on: August 14, 2020, 06:16:48 PM »

No more so than the thought of voting early and often. Or, no more so than the thought of Uncle Joe driving the bus.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #263 on: August 14, 2020, 06:30:51 PM »

Every real American is.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #264 on: August 14, 2020, 06:32:57 PM »
His actual *stated* purpose.

Republicans have never been bigger sell outs.

No. No. No.

If someone is actively working to "fix" a presidential election, they are a traitor.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #265 on: August 14, 2020, 06:34:10 PM »

No more so than the thought of voting early and often. Or, no more so than the thought of Uncle Joe driving the bus.

Give it a rest smart boy.

Biden was filmed riding a bike just like anyone else. trump was filmed walking down a ramp like a demented old man.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #266 on: August 14, 2020, 06:35:17 PM »

To be fair, my post said the word Montana and included a link. In the USPS thread, I post anything relevant to the USPS as well as voting by mail. To be fair, I like what is fair for everyone.

I wouldn’t call Trump and some Republicans intentions a conspiracy, as, that implies some sort of secrecy. There hasn’t been anything secret about it. We can agree on that, yes?

I would hope we can also agree that one of the biggest goals of any election is to maximize the amount of voters, and, to make voting as safe, easy as possible. We can agree on this, yes? People can choose however they want to vote. I am for all of the people of Montana and every other state having every opportunity to vote by mail as well as having their other USPS services, yes.

We can agree that the USPS is a service and not a business. Yes?

We can agree taking 671 mail processing machines (514 million pieces mail every day) out of service a couple of months before an election isn’t a good idea. Yes?

Asking boards of elections to mail out ballots with first class rates rather than 20 cent marketing mail rates. We can agree this is a bad idea just before an election. Yes?

You would agree that we are in a Pandemic. Yes? And you would agree many people would feel much safer voting by mail. Yes?

You would agree that Veterans need to receive their medications in a timely manner. Yes?

It’s always interesting to me, the people who whine and complain about USPS and economic efficiency. These same people often times seem to be the same people who never seem to acknowledge how well it was running before being required to pre-fund retirement benefits for 75 years. (The House of Reps votes to end these pre-payments that no other public or private entity has to make. But the Senate has yet to do so.)

These same people don’t seem to care about billions of dollars of stimulus to wealthy corporations, or trillion dollar deficits, millions in personal gain grift, or wasted spending in other areas. Crickets there. Interesting how that works.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 10:01:58 PM by shoothoops »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #267 on: August 14, 2020, 06:44:37 PM »

You would agree that Veterans need to receive their medications in a timely manner. Yes?

General Honore speaks about this.

https://crooksandliars.com/2020/08/former-army-commander-calls-citizens-march

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #268 on: August 14, 2020, 07:36:00 PM »
No. No. No.

If someone is actively working to "fix" a presidential election, they are a traitor.

so, you are saying we should levy the death penalty upon our potus? 

gotta past your bedtime...sheesh!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #269 on: August 14, 2020, 07:38:44 PM »

Are Muslims allowed to vote in your version of America?  Or are you just gonna post Islamophobic chain emails on public message boards and never respond, aina?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #270 on: August 14, 2020, 08:06:08 PM »
There is a difference in voting absentee through the mail and sending a ballot to every registered voter.

The first is fine and has been done for years.  The latter would be so full of errors, mistakes and fraud, it's scary.

I vote absentee every election, but mainly because i dont want to stand in line with the plebs.

1) This is incorrect.

2) In Federal Court last month Trump's lawyers acknowledged the terms are used interchangeably.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #271 on: August 14, 2020, 08:08:32 PM »
Yet another thread gone off the political rails. Why not just have a political board and be done with it?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #272 on: August 14, 2020, 08:41:19 PM »
  usps now says it cannot guarantee mail-in ballots to arrive on time

it is being reported by multiple sources-i was afraid to site any one source in particular so as not to offend any one and/or not to mislead via a bias

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #273 on: August 14, 2020, 08:44:36 PM »
  usps now says it cannot guarantee mail-in ballots to arrive on time

Which has never been a problem til this year.

Wonder why?

Oh I know....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/13/donald-trump-usps-post-office-election-funding

« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 08:47:29 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #274 on: August 14, 2020, 09:55:46 PM »
Yet another thread gone off the political rails. Why not just have a political board and be done with it?

Because now everything is political.  Even my zipcode, car, doctor, sport, and  reading habits, are political.   I understand your frustration of not wanting to hear that everything is political.  Might be time to look in the mirror.

There was a time when motorcycles, guns, medical procedures, and beans were not political, but not now.

feedback