[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: US postal service  (Read 33184 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: US postal service
« Reply #225 on: August 13, 2020, 11:53:51 AM »

So, if President Trump is re-elected, then the election was rigged, aina?

It's almost as if you were conditioned to come to that conclusion.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #226 on: August 13, 2020, 11:56:39 AM »

Outside of legitimate absentee voting, if a citizen doesn't care enough about the election to get off their ass and go to the polls, then maybe they don't value the freedom that comes with being able to cast a ballot. Mail-in voting serves one and only one purpose. That is to facilitate fraud, hey?

False. 

By the way if the federal government stands in the way of states executing their election it’s just a disaster.  Congress should take this off the table as it would be a gigantic cluster. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 11:58:30 AM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #227 on: August 13, 2020, 11:56:52 AM »

Outside of legitimate absentee voting, if a citizen doesn't care enough about the election to get off their ass and go to the polls, then maybe they don't value the freedom that comes with being able to cast a ballot. Mail-in voting serves one and only one purpose. That is to facilitate fraud, hey?

Interesting.  Cite your sources to back up your claim that mail-in voting facilitates fraud.

Utah doesn't seem to have a problem with it, and they elect Republicans every single cycle.

But please, continue.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #228 on: August 13, 2020, 12:03:30 PM »

I wish I could say that I wanted to understand how someone could look at the dashboard above the Covid thread, read about the voting infrastructure available in densely populated areas, and come to the bolded conclusion. But I do understand, I just don't like the answer.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2020, 12:09:19 PM »

Nope.  You've been duped....again.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/mail-in-voting-explained.html

Maybe someday you'll wake up and realize that "voter fraud" is a red herring for "voter supression."

But I doubt it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2020, 12:32:44 PM »

So, if President Trump is re-elected, then the election was rigged, aina?

Depends on your definition of "rigged." Hacking voting booths, voter fraud, sending in a dead guy's vote? Absolutely not. Intentional voter suppression targeting traditionally liberal areas and demographics? Absolutely.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 01:37:23 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2020, 12:36:38 PM »

'preschiate da reeemynder ta rekwest my absenntie ballot.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2020, 12:37:35 PM »
IBTL

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2020, 01:19:57 PM »

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2020, 01:35:22 PM »

Nope.  You've been duped....again.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/mail-in-voting-explained.html

Maybe someday you'll wake up and realize that "voter fraud" is a red herring for "voter supression."

But I doubt it.
Nope, they happily live in the alternative facts world of the Bowling Green Massacre, and they like it that way. The real world is just a nuisance.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2020, 01:44:31 PM »
4ever’s senile non-gibberish posts make even less sense than the senile gibberish. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2020, 01:57:46 PM »
https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/n7wk9z/the-post-office-is-deactivating-mail-sorting-machines-ahead-of-the-election?__twitter_impression=true

Did you even read the article?  It's the same quotes from the Iowa union lady.  And they "anonymous sources" admit that volume is down at their facilities and that the machines might not be needed at those 15 facilities. 

Alex Jones would be proud of the conspiracy.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2020, 02:04:18 PM »
Larry Kudlow this morning:

“So much of the Democratic asks are really liberal left wishlists we don't want to have — voting rights — and aid to aliens, and so forth. That's not our game and the president can't accept that kind of deal."

They're not even trying to hide it, are they?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2020, 02:04:34 PM »
Trump flat out told Fox that he doesn't want to fund the post office in order to prevent universal mail-in voting.    Which presents a dilemma since I just assume anything he says is balderdash.    Do I believe him, do I not believe him....?   conflicted.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2020, 05:07:24 PM »
Trump flat out told Fox that he doesn't want to fund the post office in order to prevent universal mail-in voting.    Which presents a dilemma since I just assume anything he says is balderdash.    Do I believe him, do I not believe him....?   conflicted.

I’m not shy about saying it. trump is a traitor and a criminal. He is actively trying to subvert the election.

Traitor.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2020, 08:13:36 PM »
"USPS says Pennsylvania mail ballots may not be delivered on time, and state warns of ‘overwhelming’ risk to voters"

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/election/pennsylvania-mail-voting-deadlines-post-office-lawsuit-20200813.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

• All American
« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2020, 08:31:31 PM »
Somehow we can guaranty packages come in time for Christmas yet we can’t deliver one piece of mail to registered voters.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2020, 09:19:23 PM »
IBTL

Congratulations on continuing to feign impartiality every time the people you agree with get called out.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #244 on: August 14, 2020, 09:50:50 AM »
“President Trump and Melania Trump requested mail-in ballots for Florida's primary election on Tuesday, registration records show. He has questioned the legitimacy of mail voting in other states, despite there being no evidence of significant voter fraud.”

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1294281563463716865

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #245 on: August 14, 2020, 11:22:40 AM »
“President Trump and Melania Trump requested mail-in ballots for Florida's primary election on Tuesday, registration records show. He has questioned the legitimacy of mail voting in other states, despite there being no evidence of significant voter fraud.”

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1294281563463716865

There is a difference in voting absentee through the mail and sending a ballot to every registered voter.

The first is fine and has been done for years.  The latter would be so full of errors, mistakes and fraud, it's scary.

I vote absentee every election, but mainly because i dont want to stand in line with the plebs.

• All American
« Reply #246 on: August 14, 2020, 11:26:56 AM »
There is a difference in voting absentee through the mail and sending a ballot to every registered voter.

The first is fine and has been done for years.  The latter would be so full of errors, mistakes and fraud, it's scary.

In states where they currently mail a ballot to everyone, like Oregon for instance, fraud hasn't been a problem.

But I do think that requesting a ballot to be mailed to you, which you can then mail back, isn't much of a problem and not too high a hurdle for someone to overcome.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #247 on: August 14, 2020, 11:27:58 AM »
Congratulations on continuing to feign impartiality every time the people you agree with get called out.

Huh? 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #248 on: August 14, 2020, 11:34:25 AM »

I vote absentee every election, but mainly because i dont want to stand in line with the plebs.

Base your opinion on data please, instead of your emotions.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #249 on: August 14, 2020, 11:57:52 AM »
"What Really Scares Voting Experts About the Postal Service"

"It's not called the United States Postal Business. It's called the United States Postal Service."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/08/how-postal-service-preparing-election/615271/