[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 357883 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #4225 on: October 16, 2021, 08:59:07 AM »

I'll see your 5 and raise you Jockitch, hey?

Sorry, I could only fit 5, and BLM triggers him much more than Jockey.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4226 on: October 16, 2021, 10:04:45 AM »
Every hospital worker who wanted to get vaccinated did so back in January or February. My wife and all of the nurses, doctors and support staff in her unit got theirs in January.

All those who wanted them didn't need "help" from administrators or the president. The vaccines were there.

The mandate was needed because of the health-care workers who refused to get a vaccine during a pandemic -- even after incentives like free money, gift cards, etc, didn't work.

I mean, think about the insanity of that for a second. These people allegedly have dedicated their lives to the health of patients, but now here they are refusing to do what they dedicated their lives to do. It's akin to refusing to scrub in or to putting on a mask before performing surgery; should hospital employees have the "freedom" to skip doing that, too?

Thankfully, the mandates have "convinced" most of the holdouts to get the effen vaccine. Those who won't ... don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Again, based on your earlier comments about anybody being willing to let unvaccinated health-care workers treat their loved ones, I continue to be surprised that you keep arguing about this issue.

Hospital employees, every single one of them, need to be vaccinated against a deadly, highly contagious virus. Period. If they refuse, I keep reading about the thousands upon thousands of job openings in all kinds of industries.

We allowed unvaccinated workers to treat our loved one for 9 months after they could have been vaccinated. In those 9 months 350,000 died. Through it all the administration said “No mandates”. Now, with the virus on the wane and deaths way down, we need mandates to save lives. This doesn’t strike you as odd?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4227 on: October 16, 2021, 10:12:49 AM »
A month or two? OK. But every hospital worker who wanted to get vaccinated could have had the shot at least several months ago. Where were the administrators? Crickets. Where was President Biden? This mandate idea is a very recent change of opinion on their part.

Are you confusing the federal mandate (which allows for testing instead of vax) with individual health system/private corporation mandates to be vaccinated?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4228 on: October 16, 2021, 10:13:35 AM »
You are an angry bitter man.  What is it?  Couldn’t make it in health science field so you try to make up for it here?  Big fail  Your projection is frightening… thank you for validating my points.

Hey health sciences guy, when are you going to provide those peer reviewed studies on the efficacy of HCQ and ivermectin (or, as an “expert health care professional” such as yourself spells it “ivormectin”)??
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4229 on: October 16, 2021, 12:57:33 PM »
We allowed unvaccinated workers to treat our loved one for 9 months after they could have been vaccinated. In those 9 months 350,000 died. Through it all the administration said “No mandates”. Now, with the virus on the wane and deaths way down, we need mandates to save lives. This doesn’t strike you as odd?

Not gonna go back and forth with you on this, Tony, except to repeat what I think we both believe: All health-care workers should be vaccinated.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4230 on: October 16, 2021, 01:09:25 PM »
Meanwhile ...

Vaccine mandates stoked fears of labor shortages. But hospitals say they’re working.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/10/16/hospital-covid-vaccine-mandate/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F34ffcc2%2F616af4de9d2fda9d411302dc%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F8%2F72%2F616af4de9d2fda9d411302dc

At Houston Methodist — one of the first American health-care institutions to require workers to get vaccinated against the coronavirus — the backlash was short-lived.

More than 150 employees were fired. There were legal battles and protests. But President and CEO Marc Boom has no regrets: 98 percent of staff have been vaccinated, and they and patients are safer as a result, he said.

“I can unequivocally say [it was] the best decision we ever made,” Boom said in an interview.

Houston Methodist is not alone in requiring its employees to be vaccinated. About 41 percent of hospitals nationwide — roughly 2,570 facilities — have some sort of vaccine mandate, according to data collected by the American Hospital Association, a trade group. Others are expected to follow after President Biden announced last month that he would require most health-care facilities that accept Medicaid or Medicare funding — many of which also treat immunocompromised people who are at high risk of getting severely ill from covid — to vaccinate their employees.

Most health-care systems that require vaccination have touted widespread compliance. In interviews, administrators at some of the nation’s largest hospital systems said the mandates worked: Officials said that they have very high vaccination rates they attributed to the requirement and that they have seen coronavirus infections — and sick leaves — noticeably drop.

At Novant Health, a 35,000-employee health-care system in four Southeast states, more than 99 percent of workers have complied with a vaccine mandate, spokeswoman Caryn Klebba wrote in an email.

“Without a vaccine mandate for team members, we faced the strong possibility of having a third of our staff unable to work due to contracting, or exposure to, COVID-19,” she said. “This possibility only increases heading into a fall season with the more contagious and deadly Delta variant.”

It's a total no-brainer. I'm glad they're getting it done.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4231 on: October 16, 2021, 02:19:37 PM »

Give it up, Lenny.

You’re arguing for both sides now.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #4232 on: October 17, 2021, 06:23:50 PM »
Glad my kids don’t go here.

Florida School Requiring Vaccinated Students to Stay Home for 30 Days After Each Dose

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florida-school-requiring-vaccinated-students-to-stay-home-for-30-days-after-each-dose/ar-AAPD8eI?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

A private school in Miami is requiring students who get vaccinated against COVID-19 to stay home for 30 days after each dose—months after the school said it would not employ anyone who is vaccinated.

"Because of the potential impact on other students and our school community, vaccinated students will need to stay at home for 30 days post-vaccination for each dose and booster they receive and may return to school after 30 days as long as the student is healthy and symptom-free,"

Love the catch line of the school!🤣

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #4233 on: October 17, 2021, 10:13:26 PM »
Is that the same school that told their teachers not to get vaccinated?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4234 on: October 17, 2021, 11:05:50 PM »
Yes.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4235 on: October 17, 2021, 11:55:05 PM »
Hey health sciences guy, when are you going to provide those peer reviewed studies on the efficacy of HCQ and ivermectin (or, as an “expert health care professional” such as yourself spells it “ivormectin”)??
[/quote

Trying to minimize over a mis spelled word is about as dooshy stupid and juvenile as it gets.  Go look up the peer reviewed studies, when and how they are performed and their impacts on “things” your knowledge and background in the health sciences is…what?  Quit the troll job and stay with what little you may or may not know about jack. Just give hcq and ivermectin and a few others a few more months and you guys will be bowing down and apologizing
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #4236 on: October 18, 2021, 04:12:23 AM »
10 of 10.  Failed to block and copy properly.  Air quotes, ellipses and personal attacks.  The coup de grace is the end where people will be bowing down and apologizing about treatments.  Bravo
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 04:14:59 AM by Uncle Rico »
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4237 on: October 18, 2021, 10:32:46 AM »
[/quote

Trying to minimize over a mis spelled word is about as dooshy stupid and juvenile as it gets.  Go look up the peer reviewed studies, when and how they are performed and their impacts on “things” your knowledge and background in the health sciences is…what?  Quit the troll job and stay with what little you may or may not know about jack. Just give hcq and ivermectin and a few others a few more months and you guys will be bowing down and apologizing

rocket "WLM" surgeon proving once again that he should hang up his drill and retire to Scottsdale.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4238 on: October 18, 2021, 10:45:40 AM »
[/quote

So there are in fact zero peer reviewed studies showing any efficacy of HCQ or ivermection in fighting COVID, but that will all change in a few more months, eh?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4239 on: October 18, 2021, 03:09:07 PM »
So there are in fact zero peer reviewed studies showing any efficacy of HCQ or ivermection in fighting COVID, but that will all change in a few more months, eh?

Yep. It all will change the day roQQet's hero is reinstated!

The first order of business will be an executive order mandating a horse de-wormer be prescribed for all humans infected with COVID-19.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #4240 on: October 18, 2021, 09:04:31 PM »

Washington State football coach Nick Rolovich, 4 assistants out after refusing state-mandated COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32426315/nick-rolovich-washington-state-football-coach-refusing-state-mandated-covid-19-vaccine-source-says

Was the highest paid state employee….was.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4241 on: October 18, 2021, 10:10:20 PM »
Washington State football coach Nick Rolovich, 4 assistants out after refusing state-mandated COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32426315/nick-rolovich-washington-state-football-coach-refusing-state-mandated-covid-19-vaccine-source-says

Good!

In addition to protecting himself from a deadly, highly contagious virus, he had a chance to protect his loved ones, to be a role model, and to think about people other than himself. He went 0-fer. And just like a coach who goes 0-fer in the W-L column, he deserved to be fired.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4242 on: October 19, 2021, 05:08:29 AM »
He showed us.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4243 on: October 19, 2021, 10:32:07 AM »

Glad to see him lose all his pay, richly deserved.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4244 on: October 19, 2021, 01:01:13 PM »

Wetzel pretty much nails it here.
The most baffling thing here, to me at least, is Rolovich's refusal to explain his decosion. If he's standing on some principle, wouldn't it help if he explained what that principle is? He sought a religious exemption, but he's reportedly Catholic, and the Church has spoken strongly in favor of vaccination.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/similar-to-kyrie-irving-washington-states-nick-rolovich-took-a-stance-vs-covid-vaccine-but-hes-paying-a-stiffer-price-032531236.html

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4245 on: October 21, 2021, 01:19:52 PM »
Gray Television -- a group of 100-ish networks -- has fired at least 7 employees, including some who are high-profile, on-air personalities in their markets -- for ignoring the company's vaccine mandate. And several others quit before they could be fired. Many of them have gone on social media and torched the company.

It's created a bit of a stir in their markets ... but not really all that much of a stir.

A "Christian crowdfunding site" is being used in hopes of raising $100K to "fight" the mandates ... and all of $285 has trickled in.

https://givesendgo.com/G29X2?utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2MvMe6bcs9XnHDoz_8KwiBBOfH-SVIXTwziNT6Zn7OJLm123iWzCMV-XQ

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #4246 on: October 21, 2021, 02:58:59 PM »
From today's news, I thought it interesting that Yale New Haven Health released 94 employees last week for refusing the vaccine.  YNHH stated that if any choose to get the vaccine after their release that YNHH would hire them back.  8 have already done, so and there were another two dozen already supposedly in-process of getting the vaccine.  I'm guessing they originally thought there was no way YNHH would go through with terminating them.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #4247 on: October 21, 2021, 04:35:19 PM »
From today's news, I thought it interesting that Yale New Haven Health released 94 employees last week for refusing the vaccine.  YNHH stated that if any choose to get the vaccine after their release that YNHH would hire them back.  8 have already done, so and there were another two dozen already supposedly in-process of getting the vaccine.  I'm guessing they originally thought there was no way YNHH would go through with terminating them.
Off an employee base of 12,991 (only ~ a third are medical) those 94 represent .7% of their employees......not even a blip.

Noted only for the chicken littles here who will claim it's an example of over taxing healthcare workers.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4248 on: October 21, 2021, 06:50:01 PM »

Hey big zero loser guy, do you even know what a peer reviewed study is?  Do you understand the potential biases? Do you ever use critical thinking?  Do you still get all of your info from cnn and msnbc and The NY Times? Do you ever have anything constructive to add here?  Are you always this depressed that you have to troll me with stuff you know nothing about? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #4249 on: October 21, 2021, 06:52:48 PM »
Just allowed one opinion now I see.  No room for people to think on their own, make their own health decisions,  listen to their own doctors, etc?  It’s just one outlook on all this, sponsored by Pfizer, or prepare to be ridiculed/mocked/have people gloat over your death, loss of livelihood, etc.  Not really the Marquette crowd I thought I knew, but I guess times are different now.

But what do I know, I’m just a mouth breather from Florida.

B

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt