collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 359320 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #4200 on: October 15, 2021, 12:33:44 PM »
Get the flu shot or get fired is an actual thing at hospitals? Honestly never heard that.

Started around 2010. She had never gotten the shot cuz she never got the flu. But she had no problem doing it once it was mandated.

And, really, it is just common sense. The last thing sick or compromised people in the hospital need is a nurse who is going to infect them with some bug. Same thing with the Covid shot. If nurses don't want to get it, show them the door immediately.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #4201 on: October 15, 2021, 12:39:03 PM »
Started around 2010. She had never gotten the shot cuz she never got the flu. But she had no problem doing it once it was mandated.

And, really, it is just common sense. The last thing sick or compromised people in the hospital need is a nurse who is going to infect them with some bug. Same thing with the Covid shot. If nurses don't want to get it, show them the door immediately.

Did she do her own research?  Read Facebook?  Try Lysol? 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #4202 on: October 15, 2021, 02:14:29 PM »
Of course that’s the best (utopian) solution. But we don’t live in Utopia. “Solutions” end up being very much less than perfect. But if my wife has a massive heart attack and needs the paddles and my choices are an unvaxxed EMT in 3 minutes or a vaxxed one 10 minutes later I know which one I choose.

If we are doing hypotheticals, you don’t use paddles for heart attacks, only cardiac arrest.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4203 on: October 15, 2021, 02:56:51 PM »
Did she do her own research?  Read Facebook?  Try Lysol?

;D ;D

No, she just consulted some tele-evangelists for some high level advice. Then stopped by the local feed store.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4204 on: October 15, 2021, 04:48:07 PM »
Let's give old rocks for brains here the benefit of the doubt and say he's got 10-15 brain cells to rub together.  But I'd be giving him far too much credit. 

You and Lenny are creating hypotheticals that don't exist.  Boogeymen of your own creation.

You’ve got to be one of the top 5 A-holes on this board. Who the F do you think you are?  You need a break from this board man
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #4205 on: October 15, 2021, 05:49:25 PM »
You’ve got to be one of the top 5 A-holes on this board. Who the F do you think you are?  You need a break from this board man

8 of 10.  Can’t give it a 10 because it lacks air quotes, conspiracy theories or poor grammar.

Disappointed in the full sentences and proper punctuation.  Great use of expletives and personal attack. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4206 on: October 15, 2021, 05:52:03 PM »
Disagree.   Take off points for not being specific about who his top 5 are.   

1/2 the board is wondering AITA and can't decide whether they will be hurt or excited if named.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #4207 on: October 15, 2021, 05:56:18 PM »

1/2 the board is wondering AITA and can't decide whether they will be hurt or excited if named.

Expletives and personal attacks always score high for me.  And not naming the top 5 outside Hards is suspenseful.  Who are the other 4?  It’s like The Masked Singer but even dumber

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4208 on: October 15, 2021, 06:17:00 PM »
Fair
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4209 on: October 15, 2021, 06:26:53 PM »
Lenny, I do think that folks are a little too flippant about the consequences of vaccine mandates.  It remains to be seen how it washes out in workforce reduction numbers, but considering these staffs are overworked and understaffed as it is, any reduction isn't nothing.

That being said, the mandates are still worth it to me.  The marginal utility of the workers who will get the vaccine that otherwise wouldn't have, plus knowing that healthcare staffs are entirely vaxxed, offsets the likely workforce reductions based on everything I've seen. Plus there's kind of a philosophical red line on this - a "we aren't going to be the country that entertains anti-science sentiments to the point where we have unvaccinated healthcare workers in the middle of a pandemic" kind of thing. If you don't set that line somewhere and take the pain that comes with enforcing it, I think that creeps and creeps and creeps.

Outstanding post. And I say that as one who occasionally is a little too flippant.

Administrators simply can't afford to run a medical facility that allows their employees to be unvaccinated in the middle of a pandemic that already has killed 700K+ Americans.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4210 on: October 15, 2021, 07:29:29 PM »
4 out 10, only redeemed by ice cream man.
He did throw in a wildly inaccurate made up statistic drawn directly from his (or more likely Tucker Carlson’s) ass though. Bonus point.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4211 on: October 15, 2021, 07:44:04 PM »
Lenny, I do think that folks are a little too flippant about the consequences of vaccine mandates.  It remains to be seen how it washes out in workforce reduction numbers, but considering these staffs are overworked and understaffed as it is, any reduction isn't nothing.

That being said, the mandates are still worth it to me.  The marginal utility of the workers who will get the vaccine that otherwise wouldn't have, plus knowing that healthcare staffs are entirely vaxxed, offsets the likely workforce reductions based on everything I've seen. Plus there's kind of a philosophical red line on this - a "we aren't going to be the country that entertains anti-science sentiments to the point where we have unvaccinated healthcare workers in the middle of a pandemic" kind of thing. If you don't set that line somewhere and take the pain that comes with enforcing it, I think that creeps and creeps and creeps.

Burrow

Thanks for a reasonable and well thought out reply. I see your point, thank you for acknowledging mine. Whatever “solutions” we try none will be perfect. But most people are so locked into their “side” that discussing this stuff (any stuff, really) with any nuance at all is impossible. And that’s sad.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4212 on: October 15, 2021, 08:43:40 PM »

Administrators simply can't afford to run a medical facility that allows their employees to be unvaccinated in the middle of a pandemic that already has killed 700K+ Americans.

Mike

I don’t know if we’re “in the middle of a pandemic” or near its end. But please explain to me why administrators suddenly “can’t afford to run a medical facility that allows their employees to be unvaccinated”. More than half of the 700,000 deaths have occurred AFTER the vaccine became available to health care professionals. Why could they afford the last 350,000 but not any more?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4213 on: October 15, 2021, 08:45:36 PM »

And you bring absolutely nothing to the conversation.  Ever.  You think you're clever.  You come to a gun fight with a water balloon. 

Your only redeeming asset is that you're so self unaware that it is funny to the rest of the board.

Thanks for being a continuing source of humor for the rest of us.

<3

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4214 on: October 15, 2021, 08:48:20 PM »

In his mind:

1.  Fluffy
2.  Pakuni
3.  Tsmith
4.  BLM
5. Yours Truly

Odd that he thinks that we're 'A-holes' (sic) because the only thing he ever sees of us is the sweat from our nutsacks dripping on his head as we repeatedly dunk on him.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4215 on: October 15, 2021, 10:05:07 PM »
Mike

I don’t know if we’re “in the middle of a pandemic” or near its end. But please explain to me why administrators suddenly “can’t afford to run a medical facility that allows their employees to be unvaccinated”. More than half of the 700,000 deaths have occurred AFTER the vaccine became available to health care professionals. Why could they afford the last 350,000 but not any more?

It’s a process. It was impossible to get everyone vaccinated a month or two after they were available.

We know more now - including that the vaccines work and, if you’re unvaccinated, you run a much greater chance of getting gravely ill and of spreading a deadly virus to others.

Thank goodness hospitals are insisting their employees get vaccinated. Patients deserve to be treated by medical personnel who are vaccinated, and medical personnel deserve to not have to work alongside unvaccinated “teammates.”

The employees still have a choice. They can choose to be vaccinated or to work elsewhere.

I’m actually surprised you disagree with any of that, Tony.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4216 on: October 15, 2021, 11:02:35 PM »
It’s a process. It was impossible to get everyone vaccinated a month or two after they were available.

A month or two? OK. But every hospital worker who wanted to get vaccinated could have had the shot at least several months ago. Where were the administrators? Crickets. Where was President Biden? This mandate idea is a very recent change of opinion on their part.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4217 on: October 15, 2021, 11:08:50 PM »
And you bring absolutely nothing to the conversation.  Ever.  You think you're clever.  You come to a gun fight with a water balloon. 

Your only redeeming asset is that you're so self unaware that it is funny to the rest of the board.

Thanks for being a continuing source of humor for the rest of us.

<3

You are an angry bitter man.  What is it?  Couldn’t make it in health science field so you try to make up for it here?  Big fail  Your projection is frightening… thank you for validating my points.
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #4218 on: October 16, 2021, 05:39:09 AM »
You are an angry bitter man.  What is it?  Couldn’t make it in health science field so you try to make up for it here?  Big fail  Your projection is frightening… thank you for validating my points.

6 out of 10.  I can sense a lot of projection in this post.  Good to see the ellipses back.   

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #4219 on: October 16, 2021, 06:03:48 AM »
]
A month or two? OK. But every hospital worker who wanted to get vaccinated could have had the shot at least several months ago. Where were the administrators? Crickets. Where was President Biden? This mandate idea is a very recent change of opinion on their part.

You don’t think the administration or health care administrators weren’t emphasizing vaccinations until recently?  The reason they now use the stick approach was because the carrot stopped working.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4220 on: October 16, 2021, 06:46:41 AM »
In his mind:

1.  Fluffy
2.  Pakuni
3.  Tsmith
4.  BLM
5. Yours Truly

Odd that he thinks that we're 'A-holes' (sic) because the only thing he ever sees of us is the sweat from our nutsacks dripping on his head as we repeatedly dunk on him.

I'll see your 5 and raise you Jockitch, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4221 on: October 16, 2021, 07:34:55 AM »
6 out of 10.  I can sense a lot of projection in this post.  Good to see the ellipses back.
Why do you think he’s all of the sudden using caps and punctuation?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4222 on: October 16, 2021, 07:49:54 AM »

Every hospital worker who wanted to get vaccinated did so back in January or February. My wife and all of the nurses, doctors and support staff in her unit got theirs in January.

All those who wanted them didn't need "help" from administrators or the president. The vaccines were there.

The mandate was needed because of the health-care workers who refused to get a vaccine during a pandemic -- even after incentives like free money, gift cards, etc, didn't work.

I mean, think about the insanity of that for a second. These people allegedly have dedicated their lives to the health of patients, but now here they are refusing to do what they dedicated their lives to do. It's akin to refusing to scrub in or to putting on a mask before performing surgery; should hospital employees have the "freedom" to skip doing that, too?

Thankfully, the mandates have "convinced" most of the holdouts to get the effen vaccine. Those who won't ... don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Again, based on your earlier comments about anybody being willing to let unvaccinated health-care workers treat their loved ones, I continue to be surprised that you keep arguing about this issue.

Hospital employees, every single one of them, need to be vaccinated against a deadly, highly contagious virus. Period. If they refuse, I keep reading about the thousands upon thousands of job openings in all kinds of industries.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #4223 on: October 16, 2021, 07:58:15 AM »
Why do you think he’s all of the sudden using caps and punctuation?

Someone is hitting close to home

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4224 on: October 16, 2021, 08:58:02 AM »

LOL.

Keep playing the hits, buddy.