[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 356892 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2020, 12:41:38 PM »
I'm sure it'll be free/reasonably priced too

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2020, 04:38:09 PM »
I'm sure it'll be free/reasonably priced too

Have some faith brother. The polio vaccine was.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2020, 05:19:18 PM »

Sure. But how long ago was that? And how different is the pharma industry now from those days?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2020, 05:20:14 PM »

That's because the scientists the created it refused any patent rights, saying it belonged to the people.

That ain't happening here, which is why all these big companies are racing to be first.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2020, 06:09:42 PM »
That's because the scientists the created it refused any patent rights, saying it belonged to the people.

That ain't happening here, which is why all these big companies are racing to be first.

The fact that Pharma companies are racing to be first is also why there will be a vaccine way quicker than if we just let the government try to figure it out - or if there was no profit involved.
Have some patience, FFS.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2020, 06:51:11 PM »
The fact that Pharma companies are racing to be first is also why there will be a vaccine way quicker than if we just let the government try to figure it out - or if there was no profit involved.

The government is the one paying all the companies to do this right now. So not sure your point is true. Most of the technology they are all using was also paid for with government money.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2020, 07:00:20 PM »
The government is the one paying all the companies to do this right now. So not sure your point is true. Most of the technology they are all using was also paid for with government money.

Socialize the expense, capitalize the profit.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2020, 07:18:10 PM »
Blood thinners.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2020, 08:14:32 PM »
Blood thinners.

interesting was it not said early on to avoid them as they make it worse?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2020, 08:22:30 PM »
https://news.yahoo.com/blood-thinners-could-help-coronavirus-142158406.html

Clotting is a symptom in some more extreme cases.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2020, 08:23:02 PM »
interesting was it not said early on to avoid them as they make it worse?

I thought ibuprofen was I’d earlier.  I think disproved but not certain.  I didn’t see blood thinners listed as something that made it worse. 

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2020, 08:29:42 PM »
I thought ibuprofen was I’d earlier.  I think disproved but not certain.  I didn’t see blood thinners listed as something that made it worse.

i guess that is what i was thinking of.  People just need to be smart and not rush things.  Each day we find out more and more about this virus and will be able to help more and more people just need to give it some time

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2020, 06:11:59 PM »
Any recommendations on where to get an antibody test in SE WI? My father had some COVID-like symptoms early in 2020 after Asian travel. Could be a coincidence, but given what’s come out about the timeline of COVID stretching back into 2019, it makes sense to look into it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2020, 06:28:17 PM »
Any recommendations on where to get an antibody test in SE WI? My father had some COVID-like symptoms early in 2020 after Asian travel. Could be a coincidence, but given what’s come out about the timeline of COVID stretching back into 2019, it makes sense to look into it.

Don’t know for sure, but I’d suggest contacting one of the hospitals associated with MCW, like maybe Froedtert. I know they are participating in the national study that is treating people with convalescent plasma, so they might be a reasonable place to start.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2020, 07:34:20 PM »

Don’t know for sure, but I’d suggest contacting one of the hospitals associated with MCW, like maybe Froedtert. I know they are participating in the national study that is treating people with convalescent plasma, so they might be a reasonable place to start.

^ that

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2020, 08:51:15 PM »

Got mine at uw Madison before kidney transplant

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2020, 10:30:12 PM »

Appreciated. Will let him know

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2020, 10:09:50 AM »

https://www.arcpointlabs.com/covid-19-antibody-testing/

https://www.questdiagnostics.com/home/Covid-19/

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2020, 11:54:41 PM »
Why I'm not buying Gilead on the Remdesivir news:

Early on I had posted that Remdesivir was the most likely drug to work against SARS. But the problem with Remdesivir, is the same problem it had with Ebola. It works, but not great. It got pushed aside in the Ebola pandemic, because monoclonal antibodies proved to be far more effective in treatment.

I think that is the same fate for SARS. It is going to be a hold-over treatment until monoclonal antibodies come on line in September-November window. Then it will be pushed aside and placed back on the shelves.

The window of time it can be monetized is very narrow.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2020, 07:02:40 AM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2020, 08:19:57 AM »
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/12/coronavirus-nanobio-protect-nasal-antiseptic-bluewillow-biologics/5175988002/

My gut says hokum, but there is just enough there to intrigue me.

I just don't see the benefit. It isn't going to stop infection. It may be mildly unsafe.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2020, 08:39:05 AM »
Then there is this story. 
If there was a real pandemic response team the'd be sourcing these items now (or a workable replacement) and putting in stock.

The ‘biggest challenge’ won’t come until after a coronavirus vaccine is found
The nation’s supply chain isn’t anywhere close to ready.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/11/coronavirus-vaccine-supply-shortages-245450

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2020, 09:02:06 AM »
If there was a real pandemic response team the'd be sourcing these items now (or a workable replacement) and putting in stock.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/11/coronavirus-vaccine-supply-shortages-245450

Trump said he can get the team back very quickly.  Also, there is no need for them when you have Jared and his crack team of volunteers.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2020, 10:58:31 AM »

I'd read that yesterday .. this is not rocket science.  The world will need several billion doses of the vaccine.   

If someone isn't working on getting several billion vials, rubber stoppers and syringes .. that would be absolute insanity. 

The hard part is the vaccine.  Rubber stoppers better be easy in comparison, or we're in a world of hurt.