[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 464153 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #275 on: March 25, 2020, 01:19:27 PM »
Wojo has a pretty good record of getting high character kids here. I’ll trust his judgment over the “insiders” of schools a kid decided not to go to.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #276 on: March 25, 2020, 01:24:55 PM »
Carton has noted mental health issues, that's all.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #277 on: March 25, 2020, 01:32:16 PM »
Wojo has a pretty good record of getting high character kids here. I’ll trust his judgment over the “insiders” of schools a kid decided not to go to.
I agree with this which makes this speculation about Carton’s “issues” all the more interesting. If they were related to any sort of trouble he got into Wojo would not be pursuing
No Finish Line

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #278 on: March 25, 2020, 01:34:29 PM »

I do think this *widely known* issue is what these "insiders" are speaking of. Especially when considering Brian Snow's comment: "not one that needs more out in the public. I will let you guys connect any dots you would like."

Of course mental health is a huge issue, and one that should not be brushed aside lightly. But some of these guys' comments make it sound like hes a felon or something, and are doing a disservice to the kid. As has been mentioned here before, I think Markus' documented struggle and outspoken attitude with regard to mental health while with our program could be a factor that would play well with someone like Carton.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 01:36:28 PM by Tha Hound »

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #279 on: March 25, 2020, 02:03:24 PM »
Brian Snow: "I'll put it this way, Xavier is not going to even try to recruit DJ Carton, nor will a lot of schools that reached out. He is going to have a very limited market of suitors, and Xavier will not be one of them."

..."There is A LOT of research for all schools to do with DJ, and how he fits in."

..."not one that needs more out in the public. I will let you guys connect any dots you would like"

Sounds like our odds of landing going up quite a bit.  Good news.  Nothing wrong with giving a kid a chance.  MU has a great support system in place for athletes, and the team has been made up of strong character kids under Wojo. 

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #280 on: March 25, 2020, 02:22:14 PM »
Brian Snow: "I'll put it this way, Xavier is not going to even try to recruit DJ Carton, nor will a lot of schools that reached out. He is going to have a very limited market of suitors, and Xavier will not be one of them."

..."There is A LOT of research for all schools to do with DJ, and how he fits in."

..."not one that needs more out in the public. I will let you guys connect any dots you would like"

See this is just bullsh*t.  If it "needs more out in the public," then put it out there.

Otherwise STFU.  If he has a limited number of suitors, and you aren't willing to say why in a public manner, why say anything at all?  You have now put him in a place where he is being blackballed in such a way that he can't really defend himself unless he wants to make private information public.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #281 on: March 25, 2020, 02:33:32 PM »
We've only had 3 bans (of non-spammers) in the past 30 days.  2 of those bans are expired and folks are back to posting. 

As to transfers, I admittedly haven't been keeping up.  But hope we can grab a Center that could play right away / back Theo up.  If that doesn't work out, a flyer to some low ranked HS dude will probably be the backup plan.

Agree Hope we can grab a center to protect the rim and rebound like Jayce and rebound like Ed. Hope we can grab someone to score, shoot a high percentage from 3, and create their own shot like our top two scorers Markus and Sacar. We Are Marquette!

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #282 on: March 25, 2020, 02:45:39 PM »

See this is just bullsh*t.  If it "needs more out in the public," then put it out there.

Otherwise STFU.  If he has a limited number of suitors, and you aren't willing to say why in a public manner, why say anything at all?  You have now put him in a place where he is being blackballed in such a way that he can't really defend himself unless he wants to make private information public.
Agree 100%, irresponsible "journalism"

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #283 on: March 25, 2020, 02:56:07 PM »
Give me carton warts and all. The kid can play.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #284 on: March 25, 2020, 03:42:35 PM »
Give me carton warts and all. The kid can play.

Yeah im on board too, we need some talent.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #285 on: March 25, 2020, 03:59:48 PM »
Agree Hope we can grab a center to protect the rim and rebound like Jayce and rebound like Ed. Hope we can grab someone to score, shoot a high percentage from 3, and create their own shot like our top two scorers Markus and Sacar. We Are Marquette!

If they do not, I can see Garcia playing the 5, at least 20 minutes as I do not see Theo improving that much, he is what he is by now, mechanical, stiff center who can
block a few shots once in awhile.  Probably see Oso or Lewis playing a lot of 4.  Not sure how big Lewis is but he might be guarding the center as well.  Oso seems to
skinny right now, maybe by his junior year it will be different.  Like to see a more wide open O, once Theo is out of the game.  Play 5 out, much like Villy.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #286 on: March 25, 2020, 04:43:00 PM »
I wish we knew which transfers MU has actually offered as opposed to just reaching out too. That's what would tell us who they are really interested in.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #287 on: March 25, 2020, 05:00:50 PM »
Yeah im on board too, we need some talent.

No. No more Vander or Todd Mayo types. Character matters as much as talent.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #288 on: March 25, 2020, 05:04:36 PM »

What was wrong with Vander?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #289 on: March 25, 2020, 05:09:34 PM »
What was wrong with Vander?

All I can remember for certain is him punching the heckler at Qdoba I think. Was he rumored to be part of another scandal? Vander is one of the more underrated Golden Eagles when it comes to talent over the last 20 years.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #290 on: March 25, 2020, 05:16:03 PM »

Yeah, I would hate to have a talent like Vander Blue on this team. Imagine going to the Elite 8? Sounds miserable.

In fact, I wholeheartedly agree that we definitely don't want any more players with mental health issues! Those guys are the worst!! Remember that Markus Howard guy? Man he sucked - No sir, I do not want any more of his type at this program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #291 on: March 25, 2020, 05:17:10 PM »
All I can remember for certain is him punching the heckler at Qdoba I think. Was he rumored to be part of another scandal? Vander is one of the more underrated Golden Eagles when it comes to talent over the last 20 years.

Yeah the only thing I’ve even heard about was he punched someone (don’t know that it was ever confirmed), might’ve been part of the group that got into a brawl at 720 oh wait there was video and they literally did nothing wrong, got ticketed for being in a bar/club underage, and maybe was anxious to get out of school and be a professional basketball player.

Please kick every kid out of Marquette that ever got into a drunken fight, was in a bar before they turned 21, and would rather have been somewhere besides in class. You’ll be left with an awesome college atmosphere.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #292 on: March 25, 2020, 05:24:49 PM »

Lol at including Vander. And lol at insinuating Carton has any issues other than some mental health concerns that much of the population deals with.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #293 on: March 25, 2020, 05:58:16 PM »

Character doesn't win ball games...talent does.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #294 on: March 25, 2020, 06:06:10 PM »

Ohhhh, Wojo is now going against his own "Code" now.  My....... how things change when smell of fear and desperation permeate the air.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #295 on: March 25, 2020, 06:08:59 PM »
Ohhhh, Wojo is now going against his own "Code" now.  My....... how things change when smell of fear and desperation permeate the air.

What code?

You're a clownshow

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #296 on: March 25, 2020, 06:15:14 PM »

Isn't there a cloud you should be yelling at?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #297 on: March 25, 2020, 06:15:34 PM »
Character doesn't win ball games...talent does.

Well no kidding. But it’s completely understandable why people don’t want bad characters on their basketball team.

That being said, Vander wasn’t one and Mayo was more of a dumbass than a bad character.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #298 on: March 25, 2020, 06:23:03 PM »
What code?

You're a clownshow

I was not in attendance at any game vs. Providence, @ DePaul, @ St. Johns, or @ Butler

My first question to DJ Carton would be:  When we're up by 3 and the opponent is bringing up the ball with less than 15 seconds, left, what do you do?

And..

My follow up question would be...... are you any good at keeping track of the score in your head?

Ozmosis

• Walk-On
« Reply #299 on: March 25, 2020, 06:36:22 PM »
I'm sorry buddy, but as others have stated here you really need to leave this site.