[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 471768 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #225 on: March 24, 2020, 01:49:19 PM »
The "Wojo always gets his guy" meme started here: https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=46656.0

First, it wasn't a statement, it was a question. It was disproved in that thread (Jimmy Whitt & Brevin Pritzl both mentioned) but he did have a high success rate that first year. Heldt, Ellenson, Cheatham, Sacar, and then Carter (after MU had been shut out of Philly under Buzz).

And your entire basis for going after Wojo early was your Derrick Wilson hatred. You're better off moving away from the John Dawson defense, I mean the guy was a below average Big South player. There are far more valid criticisms of Wojo than your 6 year old PT gripe.

Ahh...multiple grips beyond Derrick/Dawson:

- Cohen starting over Burton
- Burton only gettin 16 minutes a game
- JJJ getting yanked around
- Trying to shove Haanif Cheatham into a PG slot with a pure PG Traci on the roster.
- JJJ only getting 55% of avail minutes as a junior
- Frequent starting lineup changes Year 2. 
- No defined roles/rotations

Look.  I'm not surprised it has played out as it has.  It was evident early on.  Truly wish it was different.  But its not.  Appreciate you and Fluffy at least moving to the position that he's underachieved and isn't the answer.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #226 on: March 24, 2020, 01:52:02 PM »
The "Wojo always gets his guy" meme started here: https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=46656.0

First, it wasn't a statement, it was a question. It was disproved in that thread (Jimmy Whitt & Brevin Pritzl both mentioned) but he did have a high success rate that first year. Heldt, Ellenson, Cheatham, Sacar, and then Carter (after MU had been shut out of Philly under Buzz).

And your entire basis for going after Wojo early was your Derrick Wilson hatred. You're better off moving away from the John Dawson defense, I mean the guy was a below average Big South player. There are far more valid criticisms of Wojo than your 6 year old PT gripe.

By the way..thanks for linking the thread.  This was also the common narrative that was pushed:

From day one we have heard that Wojo blew people away with his interview and in particular his plan and vision for the program.  He continues to do so in every phase of running the program.  He sells the vision to the kids and they are buying it, and should be.  I can't wait to see where this program heads with Wojo's kids in it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #227 on: March 24, 2020, 01:57:51 PM »
Ahh Fluffy - You are a piece.  I chose to let your unrelenting a$$hole comment slide.  You calling anyone an "a$$hole" is the height of ironic.  Also a little unhinged.

Perhaps I will spend some time with the search tool.  I'll compile a greatest "misses" list for you and 82.  Then again, you guys do a good enough job embarrassing yourselves with your overwhelmingly wrong analysis.  No need to rub salt in that wound. 

Let's get back on topic.  What do we think the chances are for landing DJ Carton?

I haven't paid too much attention frankly.  I hope we get him but every day brings more craziness that I have to deal with.

And I would LOVE for you to put a list together of my "misses."  It's probably quite funny in retrospect and would give me a good chuckle! 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #228 on: March 24, 2020, 02:07:17 PM »
Just another potentially useful thread full of mindless off-topic arguing between 3-4 posters. What a garbage website that has become

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #229 on: March 24, 2020, 02:09:23 PM »

- Trying to shove Haanif Cheatham into a PG slot with a pure PG Traci on the roster.

Look.  I'm not surprised it has played out as it has.  It was evident early on.  Truly wish it was different.  But its not.  Appreciate you and Fluffy at least moving to the position that he's underachieved and isn't the answer.

I am setting the over/under at Sunday for the 6th (?) banning.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #230 on: March 24, 2020, 02:18:04 PM »
Just another potentially useful thread full of mindless off-topic arguing between 3-4 posters. What a garbage website that has become

And yet it's still better than Dodd's flipping out at anybody who disagrees or corrects him then mentioning his uncle or that one Majerus meeting 20x per thread.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2020, 02:33:46 PM »
Are you coming unhinged with social distancing?  Calm down.  I don't need to prove jack to you. Any long time scooper with a shred of honesty and truthfulness knows I wanted Wojo gone..early...I probably even posted that in Year 1 at some point with his mind-numbingly bad decision-making.

And yes, it was ridiculously stated here that "Wojo always get his man."  It was a dumb comment at that time.  Just like those offered up by you and the other ProJos likening early stage Wojo to Jay Wright, Coach K, Al, etc. 

You were wrong.  I was right.  Own it.  Get over it.  Move on.  Put me on ignore.  And go take a walk outside.

Kettle calling pot unhinged. And still no evidence, hoopaloop jr. Have a lovely day.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2020, 02:37:54 PM »
Kettle calling pot unhinged. And still no evidence, hoopaloop jr. Have a lovely day.

I like the guy who has been banned multiple times calling others unhinged

MU82

• All American
« Reply #233 on: March 24, 2020, 02:49:27 PM »
I like the guy who has been banned multiple times calling others unhinged

Who's unhinged? You're unhinged! I'm not unhinged! If you think I'm unhinged, go hinge your hinges, dammit!

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #234 on: March 24, 2020, 02:56:35 PM »
MU82 if he is an idiot what a you for using page after page for arguing with him.  U dont realize it but u are every bit as bad. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

panda

• All American
« Reply #235 on: March 24, 2020, 03:03:43 PM »
And yet it's still better than Dodd's flipping out at anybody who disagrees or corrects him then mentioning his uncle or that one Majerus meeting 20x per thread.

While lecturing someone the other day, his point of superiority is that he is a coaches son....LOL

I’ll take Elon any day over that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #236 on: March 24, 2020, 03:31:10 PM »

BUT HE MADE THE G LEAGUE!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #237 on: March 24, 2020, 03:54:59 PM »
MU82 if he is an idiot what a you for using page after page for arguing with him.  U dont realize it but u are every bit as bad.

I didn't say he was an idiot. I don't call people names. This isn't 4th grade.

Gd self-awareness by u tho.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #238 on: March 24, 2020, 03:57:06 PM »

Actually made me laugh. How many times has he gone to insult people while looking like he's texting from a flip phone in 2006?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #239 on: March 24, 2020, 06:03:08 PM »

No u didnt use the word, but over dozens n dozens of pages u become the bigger one.  STFU!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2020, 06:23:26 PM »
Do you think we could (especially in the off-season) have a board, similar to the SOTG tally, keeping track of the bans? It's confusing, with people being banned under different names - who keeps that all straight?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2020, 06:28:02 PM »
Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
·
26s
Illinois sophomore Alan Griffin announces he will transfer. Averaged 8.9 points and 4.5 rebounds this past season.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2020, 06:56:45 PM »
No u didnt use the word, but over dozens n dozens of pages u become the bigger one.  STFU!!

Perfect.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2020, 07:59:42 PM »
Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
·
26s
Illinois sophomore Alan Griffin announces he will transfer. Averaged 8.9 points and 4.5 rebounds this past season.

Hes a really quality player
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #244 on: March 24, 2020, 08:00:10 PM »

Honest questions.  None of the grips are related to offensive/defensive schemes and are 100% player utilization.
1.  Wojo, who has played at highest levels and coached at the highest levels, wants to win why can't he see what you can easily pick up on? 
2.  Is it possible that Burton was checked out before Wojo got there?  That he didn't really want to be at Marquette/Milwaukee.  If so is it possible that he was showing disinterest in practice, wasn't participating, acting out, etc.?  If that at all could be possible would you still start him?  Would you play him max minutes?  Every story written about the situation is that Burton wanted out of Milwaukee so if the above it true and he is acting out do you focus your team around him?
3.  One of the big gripes on Wojo is his inability to make adjustments.  Do you think frequent changes to the line up is him trying to figure out what will work?  Making adjustments?  During those first two years, the team was really young.  Do you think he may have been trying to figure out who could be the leaders and the best team?  If not, why would someone with his background and livelihood on the line not do that?
4.  Your talent evaluation for max minutes has included Reggie Smith, Traci Carter, John Dawson, and Jamal Cain.  Why is it that all of those players never got what they deserved under a new coach (less Cain)?  Reggie Smith transferred to UNLV and then to Eastern Illinois.  Carter transferred twice.  Dawson under Buzz got no love and sat behind Derrick. Dawson dropped to a lower level to only be mediocre in the 29 out of 32 rated league and finished 13-19 and 21-14.  No other coaches seemed to give those guys breaks either.  Why would that be the case?
5.  Cheatham went on to play a partial season at FGCU and then onto Nebraska playing in one of the better leagues.  He had better better stats than Carter did in all seasons. Why was Cheatham able to player in a higher league while Carter transferred down again?
6.  Is it your belief that the G-League is where the best talent plays?  Or is it that they have a layer of fringe NBA, a layer decent but not great players, and then rosters fillers with the better players playing overseas when they realize they aren't in the fringe?  Players like DJO, Buycks, and Blue all play overseas.  Could it be that is because they can make better money and Dawson is a roster filler in the G-League?  He currently averages 3.4pts.

I think there can be lot of things to discuss on Wojo.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #245 on: March 24, 2020, 08:09:55 PM »
Hes a really quality player

Indeed...from NY...wonder if Killings knows anyone connected to him.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #246 on: March 24, 2020, 09:08:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/andrew__slater/status/1242632576541560832?s=21

Just tonight for
 sophomore Alan Griffin...  👀

Maryland
Pitt
DePaul
Manhattan
Nebraska
Marquette
Siena
Georgia
Dayton
Monmouth
Fordham
St. Louis
Duke

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #247 on: March 24, 2020, 09:08:30 PM »
Andrew Slater
@Andrew__Slater
·
5m
Just tonight for
 sophomore Alan Griffin...  Eyes

Maryland
Pitt
DePaul
Manhattan
Nebraska
Marquette
Siena
Georgia
Dayton
Monmouth
Fordham
St. Louis
Duke

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #248 on: March 24, 2020, 10:15:34 PM »
Landers Nolley fg% 37      3pt fg% 31.6 =47
Carton             fg% 47.7   3pt fg% 40.   =60
Nate Johnson   fg% 44.4.  3pt fg% 41.1. =62
Justin Turner.   fg% 42.7.  3pt fg% 36.1  =54
Alan Griffin.     fg% 48.3.  3pt fg% 41.6. =63

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #249 on: March 24, 2020, 11:01:46 PM »
Patrick Tape to Duke. That is fascinating to me. Thought he could play a role for a high major somewhere but not at Duke. I'm not sure if he's in the top 15 available grad transfers at the moment. Could be a matter of position scarcity. While I wouldn't put him in the top 15 grad transfers, he is in the top 3 or 4 grad transfers who are 6'8" or taller.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.