[March 28, 2024, 09:45:23 PM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by Goose
[March 28, 2024, 07:54:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2020  (Read 36370 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Golf 2020
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2020, 04:54:43 PM »
Since there's a thread about golf, I'll ask: why are ball washers so high off the ground? I'm only 5'9", and I can never get mine in without standing on something.

??

I'm 5'8" and have never had a problem...

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2020, 05:55:06 PM »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2020, 06:09:59 PM »

Ha.

Read it multiple times until I understood.

Nice.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2020, 09:13:53 PM »
Courses here are open even though we have a stay-at-home mandate. In fact, golfing was expressly offered as one way folks can get outside while continuing to adhere to social distancing guidelines. I have tee times for tomorrow and Friday, so we'll see how that goes. One thing for sure, I will not share a cart so they'd better be cool with all 4 of us having carts (if it's a 4-some).

1. Walk or keep at least two carts on the path (don’t want to ruin your course).

2. Don’t touch the flag stick - just leave the pin in at all times.

3. Enjoy.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2020, 05:58:02 AM »
1. Walk or keep at least two carts on the path (don’t want to ruin your course).

3. Enjoy.

Completely agree, raise the cups or put a ring around them.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2020, 11:53:53 AM »

3. Enjoy.

Ended up not going today but planning to go tomorrow. Thanks for the tips!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2020, 01:32:02 PM »
If the Masters is going to be played in October, CBS has quite a dilemma on their hands with the NFL and the Masters airing at possibly the same time. There's also Saturday SEC football as well (my guess is CBS could easily have whatever game that week in primetime though).

It would be very interesting to see how this played out, I don't know who would sacrifice here. You could have a scenario where there's a Wed - Sat Masters, or CBS asks the Masters to move up tee times on Sunday to accommodate a finish by 4:30pm EST, so they can air NFL games in the late afternoon window.

Don't know who is going to budge here. I hope this is a problem we encounter, meaning that sports come back this year.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2020, 01:59:57 PM »
I don’t think ANGC is moving for the NFL, hopefully CBS pushes and insults them.

Bring on FOX golf coverage.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2020, 02:40:45 PM »
Since there's a thread about golf, I'll ask: why are ball washers so high off the ground? I'm only 5'9", and I can never get mine in without standing on something.
Is this a joke. Im same height never had a remote problem. My 5 foot granny has no problem

Man Clam Chow

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2020, 02:57:09 PM »
Is this a joke. Im same height never had a remote problem. My 5 foot granny has no problem

Unless your granny is a tranny, it shouldn't be a problem. 

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2020, 02:58:01 PM »
Unless your granny is a tranny, it shouldn't be a problem. 

OK then...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

🏀

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2020, 03:02:53 PM »

OK then...

Ball washer, testicles, males. Old joke.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2020, 03:04:12 PM »
Soooo... with courses and driving ranges closed for the foreseeable future, anyone have any good at home training aids/drills to try and stay somewhat sharp?

I just got a Tourstriker off eBay for $22 shipped, always heard good things.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2020, 03:05:18 PM »
You can sign a petition on change.org to reopen courses with special measures taken if you want.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2020, 03:25:45 PM »

3. Enjoy.

Just finished my round. I'm still alive (I think).

They had only one entrance to the clubhouse open. All payments done by credit card with only customers touching the card. One person per cart, with each cart having been sanitized beforehand.

No ball washers, water coolers, rakes or divot mix bottles. Cups raised an inch so that it was unnecessary to reach into any hole or take out any flags. No beverage cart.

It had rained for a couple days, so it was cart-path only.

Tee time was 12:51 but I got there early. My buddy had canceled so I went by myself. Skipped the first hole, where a 4-some was playing, and didn't see another human being until I got to the 9th tee box -- in other words, not many people on the course.

The 2-some on 9 didn't play the back, so again I didn't see anybody for several holes. Finally caught up to the second of two 4-somes as I waited to hit onto the 13th green. I was getting tired anyway, so I skipped 14 and 15 to get ahead of those groups before finishing up.

So I played 15 holes in about 2 hours; would have been faster if not cart-path only. It was a fun way to kill a couple hours on a nice 80-degree day.

I think they did about as good a job as possible to make it safe for everybody. Not sure how it would have been had it been more crowded. I don't play on weekends, so hopefully I won't have to find out.

I will say, even though the county specifically said golf was OK as long as social distancing was obeyed, our county does have a stay-at-home edict so it felt a little weird to be playing.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2020, 04:29:27 PM »
Dicks Sporting Goods having a flash sale until 10:00 tonight. Bridgestone E12 for $20/dozen. Thinking of getting some but a little unsure of the matte yellow color.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2020, 10:38:00 PM »
North Carolina is instituting a stay-at-home order beginning Monday. It specifically says:

"Golf courses can operate as long as social distance is kept."

Several counties, including mine, already has such a rule -- and such an exception for golf.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2020, 06:07:11 PM »
Rumored schedule:

PGA starts back with PGA Championship at its original date/venue (First week of August/Harding Park)

Fed Ex Cup events and Tour Championship stay same dates/current venues

The Open moves to September, the week before Ryder Cup (which stays same date/venue)

US open moves to a west coast location (Torrey or Pebble Beach) and moves to early October.

Masters takes place second week of November.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2020, 08:24:08 AM »
Rumored schedule:

PGA starts back with PGA Championship at its original date/venue (First week of August/Harding Park)

The Open moves to September, the week before Ryder Cup (which stays same date/venue)

US open moves to a west coast location (Torrey or Pebble Beach) and moves to early October.

I'm all in for that schedule if it happens that way.  What a golf-filled fall!  And I've got Saturday Ryder Cup tickets!

HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2020, 09:11:31 AM »
Rumored schedule:

I've heard the Yucatan Masters is still on though.

But I like to throw handfuls...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2020, 07:06:01 AM »
Rumored schedule:

It’s too much honestly.

1. Push the Ryder Cup to 2021. It’s has precedent.

2. Cancel the PGA, hard time believing there will be any event in the Bay Area in 2020.

3. Eff right off with the FedEx playoffs. Go to good courses, not TPC Business Park.

The PGA Tour can and should be handling this way better, but they are terrible. They already announced bigger fields and opposite events for when they return. Should be the opposite, for countless reasons.

Hopefully, Phil and Tiger 2 happens because that’s the content that can be happening every day during this pandemic. Two golfers and a TV crew.

JT and Rickie playing a cash game at Grove XXIII? Put it in my veins.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2020, 12:00:11 PM »
There is talk of Tiger-vs-Phil II, with the golfers and their caddies practicing social distancing as they play and all proceeds going toward the coronavirus fight.

I didn't watch their first match, but I would watch that one.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2020, 12:20:26 PM »
There is talk of Tiger-vs-Phil II, with the golfers and their caddies practicing social distancing as they play and all proceeds going toward the coronavirus fight.

I didn't watch their first match, but I would watch that one.

The Tour is keeping it from us currently.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2020, 12:28:18 PM »
The Tour is keeping it from us currently.

Tiger and Phil want to do it but the Tour won't let them? Don't know why that would stop Tiger and Phil. What would the Tour do to them?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2020, 12:40:34 PM »
Tiger and Phil want to do it but the Tour won't let them? Don't know why that would stop Tiger and Phil. What would the Tour do to them?

Like the first match, the Tour has final approval.

Peyton and Brady will also be involved, possible team format.

feedback