'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Ed Morrow  (Read 67066 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Ed Morrow
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2020, 11:42:45 AM »
Very true.  I suspect this is a function of knowing they almost never get the ball.  All basketball players want to shoot/score. 

Thought last night was one of our best games, due to better sharing of the ball and getting bigs involved.  It's good for morale, and keeps bigs engaged.

Actually it was one of their best games because they played fast...like they are supposed to be doing. Their transition game was on point last night. THAT is how Wojo's offense is supposed to look. You look at the numbers, they are one of the best transition teams in the country...so why they haven't been playing that way more...is anyone's guess. Amazing what happens when you actually go back to doing what you were built to do all along.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2020, 11:45:38 AM »
Actually it was one of their best games because they played fast...like they are supposed to be doing. Their transition game was on point last night. THAT is how Wojo's offense is supposed to look. You look at the numbers, they are one of the best transition teams in the country...so why they haven't been playing that way more...is anyone's guess. Amazing what happens when you actually go back to doing what you were built to do all along.

Because they don't force many turnovers, so it's tough to get into transition.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2020, 11:48:15 AM »
In rhythm. No one close. Good shot.
If you like a 21% chance (generously) to make it, sure.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2020, 11:57:49 AM »

I like when we play fast (but in control), also. We have several guards/wings who are pretty darn good when we get on a roll like that, and even our bigs run the floor quite well.

The problem is we force very few live-ball turnovers, so we don't get those easy run-and-gun points. Also, we often are a little loose with the ball ourselves, so we waste some of the opportunities we do get.

Also, sometimes the other team does deserve credit, you know. They have good coaches and fine athletes and smart players, too. Sometimes, the opponent is playing so well -- taking care of the ball, grabbing some offensive rebounds, making shots -- that it's difficult for us to play fast. It happens.

There probably were Nova fans wondering why they didn't do this or that against us. Maybe part of the reason was we didn't let them.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2020, 11:59:11 AM »
Would EM taking an open 3 within the rhythm of the offense been a good shot?

No
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2020, 12:12:42 PM »
Me either.....and I suspect the % wouldn’t increase much for EM when moving 4’ closer.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2020, 12:13:23 PM »
I heard he's on vacation. The guy loves to travel...
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

MU82

• All American
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2020, 12:14:46 PM »
I heard he's on vacation. The guy loves to travel...

I laughed.

And teal was unnecessary.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2020, 12:26:36 PM »
I hope he is able to return.  The team is better with him.

Agreed.  The fact that they've left it open ended would seem he didn't burn all bridges on his way out.  But Wojo comment on it in the post gamer was fairly telling - he basically just said "No idea if we'll get him back.  We'll have to play by ear."  He clearly wasn't interested in discussing it, and Markus body language when the question was asked was also telling.  He immediately dropped his head and looked down at the stat sheet. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2020, 12:27:50 PM »
Agreed.  The fact that they've left it open ended would seem he didn't burn all bridges on his way out.  But Wojo comment on it in the post gamer was fairly telling - he basically just said "No idea if we'll get him back.  We'll have to play by ear."  He clearly wasn't interested in discussing it, and Markus body language when the question was asked was also telling.  He immediately dropped his head and looked down at the stat sheet.

He then left in the middle.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2020, 12:29:30 PM »

I don't think that had anything to do with Ed, or being upset or anything.  I think Markus probably just felt his questions were done and wanted to get back with his teammates. 

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2020, 12:31:56 PM »
I don't think that had anything to do with Ed, or being upset or anything.  I think Markus probably just felt his questions were done and wanted to get back with his teammates.
sacar did that last year in a presser, I think. Post game therapy, I would guess.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2020, 12:36:22 PM »
Has anyone obtained a copy of the letter yet?

For me, Ed was an x-factor to this season. Had the ability to push this team up a notch. Didn't pan out. The turnovers - especially the traveling - was borderline bizarre tbh.

I do hope he comes back and does well.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2020, 12:40:21 PM »
Has anyone obtained a copy of the letter yet?

For me, Ed was an x-factor to this season. Had the ability to push this team up a notch. Didn't pan out. The turnovers - especially the traveling - was borderline bizarre tbh.

I do hope he comes back and does well.

Agreed. He brought a ton of intensity on the defensive end. It seemed his focus was waning and definitely was not as sure of himself this year from appearances. I hope he returns to teh team with renewed focus.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2020, 12:42:12 PM »
Three of our top 6 rotation guys from last year have just got up and walked away.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2020, 12:43:18 PM »
Not sure I buy the “we’re better with Ed” narrative. It’s the safe thing to say at this point, but I don’t think it’s necessarily true. Imo, the ideal number of guys in a rotation is 8 which is what we had last night. I just don’t think depth equals better, in this case anyway.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2020, 12:43:59 PM »
Three of our top 6 rotation guys from last year have just got up and walked away.

Charty played more than Morrow last year.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TheyWereCones

• Starter
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2020, 01:03:00 PM »

Yeah but I don't think this had anything to do with anything relevant.  It looked like someone off camera was talking to him or asked him a question, because he looked like he turned to that person and was like, "Right now?"  As in he was being asked to go somewhere right then by whoever that was.  Then he grabbed his stuff and left as if he was told it's time.  I wouldn't read into it at all.
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2020, 01:05:38 PM »
I think it's safe to say he thought(or was told more likely) he would be playing the 4 this year, as he worked on his jump shot all summer long, and there were even videos of him in practice before the season started taking and hitting deep 3's with good form etc.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2020, 01:06:51 PM »
Maybe he just wanted to free up a few more shots for Markus.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2020, 01:07:51 PM »
Not sure I buy the “we’re better with Ed” narrative. It’s the safe thing to say at this point, but I don’t think it’s necessarily true. Imo, the ideal number of guys in a rotation is 8 which is what we had last night. I just don’t think depth equals better, in this case anyway.

Just having the extra big body and fouls available is a plus. It's especially so at a position with guys who tend to be foul-prone. If such a player is willing to wait for his number to be called, rather than get upset at lack of PT, it's a big bonus to have that person available. There already have been four games in which both Theo and Jayce have both had 3+ fouls, including a combined 9 fouls vs Davidson, and that was with a third option able to play double-digit minutes. Against USC, Jayce and Morrow fouled out and Theo had 4. As long as team chemistry isn't affected, it never hurts to have more bigs available.

Morrow was 7th in minutes played, and was only a few minutes ahead of Bailey, who clearly has surpassed him in importance.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2020, 01:11:56 PM »
Just having the extra big body and fouls available is a plus. It's especially so at a position with guys who tend to be foul-prone. If such a player is willing to wait for his number to be called, rather than get upset at lack of PT, it's a big bonus to have that person available. There already have been four games in which both Theo and Jayce have both had 3+ fouls, including a combined 9 fouls vs Davidson, and that was with a third option able to play double-digit minutes. Against USC, Jayce and Morrow fouled out and Theo had 4. As long as team chemistry isn't affected, it never hurts to have more bigs available.

Morrow was 7th in minutes played, and was only a few minutes ahead of Bailey, who clearly has surpassed him in importance.

Just maybe, Wojo might think of playing zone, lets say 5 minutes a game, to hide the centers.  Providence played a zone against St. Johns, why, because they can not
shot the ball, should have played it against X, they can not shoot the ball either. 

onepost

• All American
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2020, 01:19:01 PM »
Maybe he just wanted to free up a few more shots for Markus.

Would still love for you to explain Ed Morrow's "high basketball IQ" since I'm completely confused by that notion.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2020, 01:22:31 PM »
onepost

I have little interest in having interaction with you on any basketball related topic. I find you to be combative and generally lacking in understanding the game. Best of luck to you!!

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2020, 01:24:35 PM »
LOL

feedback