[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ed Morrow  (Read 68136 times)

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: Ed Morrow
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2020, 10:48:19 PM »
Sorry, but it wasn't TEAL time... Just what I had heard...  8-)  Pretty good source... Im not one to stir the pot... But you never know ! ! !     8-)

Unfortunate if true.  Wish him the best either way.  Seems like an exceptional young man, just many of his shortcomings were exposed on the basketball court.  Hope he continues to be an excellent representative of the University. 

onepost

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2020, 10:49:56 PM »
I heard he walked off pre-game.  Took his jersey off and said he was done.... PO’d at playing time.  :-\. Just sayin’!!

No teal.  Checks out with what I was told.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2020, 10:50:29 PM »
Sorry, but it wasn't TEAL time... Just what I had heard...  8-)  Pretty good source... Im not one to stir the pot... But you never know ! ! !     8-)

Your source stinks.

Ed took the worst shot in basketball with two high percentage three point shooters open. Ed struggled to gather the ball, took a dribble and shot a terrible looking shot.

Ed has his own problems to figure out, I hope his time off allows him time to do that. If not, enjoy your degree and embrace the Marquette community.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 10:52:24 PM by PTM »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2020, 10:54:35 PM »
It was a long 2 near the top of the key.  I remember being pretty shocked he took the shot.
Sultan said it was a good shot!

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2020, 11:04:13 PM »
If Ed is really done, I wish him nothing but the best.   His block of Happ and help defense at the end of the Villanova game last NMD will be how I remember him.

I don't think he was ever quite the same after the sports hernia, and that hindered his development.   I thank Ed for battling through injuries and always putting forth a strong effort.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2020, 11:27:28 PM »
You forgot the teal.

Nope, not using Teal always allows for an escape option. 
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

fjm

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2020, 11:45:38 PM »
Tweet said family stuff. I’ll assume family stuff until proven otherwise.

That said m, Ed played some real solid games this year. He’s a solid player. I appreciate him and his role.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2020, 12:00:18 AM »
What the hell does the guy expect? Hes a barely 6 foot 7 center. Cant shoot at all. Cant dribble. Slow. Not a great defender. Makes bad decisions. Did I mention very short and unathletic for his position. You just cant expect that much in reality.  None of our bigs are that good but they are 6.9 and 7.0 tall. Idk what else to say. Play better

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2020, 12:40:34 AM »
I suspect this is probably the reality, brought about by frustration with his inconsistent role.  Doubtful when he transferred here he thought he was going to be a 5-15 minute per game player.   By all reports he was tearing it up in practice his redshirt year.  Wonder why it hasn't translated on the court..
Because they do not use their 'bigs' right....THAT'S WHY!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2020, 05:30:16 AM »
Trashing a guy without knowing what is going on, unless one counts a single anonymous post.      Grow up.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2020, 05:39:20 AM »
My guess is this will let some people get their wish to see Brendan with some PT at the 5. If that's a good thing or not....

Real Warriors Demand Excellence

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2020, 07:30:29 AM »
Sultan said it was a good shot!

In rhythm. No one close. Good shot.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2020, 07:42:43 AM »
To all you terrible people trashing the guy without knowing what is going on ....

I like Ed and think our team is better with him.  I hope whatever the issue keeping from the team is not serious and he returns soon.

Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2020, 07:44:02 AM »
To all you terrible people trashing the guy without knowing what is going on ....

I like Ed and think our team is better with him.  I hope whatever the issue keeping from the team is not serious and he returns soon.

This
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2020, 07:46:21 AM »
I absolutely would rather have Ed on our roster, available to play 10-20 minutes in any given game, than not have him.

This feels like an ending for him as a MU player, but I hope it's not.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2020, 07:49:48 AM »
Wishing Ed well. Not sure if he ever got enough minutes to show what he is as a player or not. I think Wojo gave the nod to Theo earlier on and he had an uphill battle. Not a rip on Wojo, many coaches latch up to certain guys for a wide range of reasons. That said, I would have latched onto Ed from day one.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2020, 07:51:33 AM »
We definitely are not better off without him.   Was really hoping he would rattle off several good games in a row to solidify his position on the team.  I wish him well. 

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2020, 07:58:59 AM »
No teal.  Checks out with what I was told.
Very troubling and disappointing. If true our team got worse.
No Finish Line

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2020, 07:59:02 AM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2020, 08:00:06 AM »
Wishing Ed well. Not sure if he ever got enough minutes to show what he is as a player or not. I think Wojo gave the nod to Theo earlier on and he had an uphill battle. Not a rip on Wojo, many coaches latch up to certain guys for a wide range of reasons. That said, I would have latched onto Ed from day one.

Let’s not forget about Morrow’s injuries, surgery, etc.  He really was off the charts when he sat out a year, but had the core injury which required abdominal surgery and sidelined 6 months.  He has never been the same.  Core injuries are huge, it is why he has trouble jumping.

Wojo didn’t have much choice, Morrow was injured and slowly coming back into health.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2020, 08:01:22 AM »
Very troubling and disappointing. If true our team got worse.

Because we won't have 3 additional travels a game?

I liked Morrow but let's not pretend he was exactly a positive in most games this year. Liked him a lot more last year.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2020, 08:01:40 AM »
While I do think he has to play better than he has, I hope we haven't seen the last of Ed.   He has shown signs of being a good rebounder and defender, but the number of times he walks in the low post with the ball is frustrating.  If he's gone though, we're going to miss what he brings to the table, not to mention his 5 fouls.

Serious question, and on a subject I hope doesn't happen....if he did in fact pull off his jersey and say he's done, what happens with his tuition?  Does a player who quits mid season continue to get tuition paid?

Mr. Curious
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

• All American
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2020, 08:06:25 AM »
While I do think he has to play better than he has, I hope we haven't seen the last of Ed.   He has shown signs of being a good rebounder and defender, but the number of times he walks in the low post with the ball is frustrating.  If he's gone though, we're going to miss what he brings to the table, not to mention his 5 fouls.

Serious question, and on a subject I hope doesn't happen....if he did in fact pull off his jersey and say he's done, what happens with his tuition?  Does a player who quits mid season continue to get tuition paid?

Mr. Curious

If he decides he is done, but stays in school, Marquette *could* charge him for tuition, room and board.

If he decides he is done, and completes the withdrawal process, Marquette *could* charge him for tuition, room and board, but he would get a 100% forgiveness if he does so by January 21.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2020, 08:11:52 AM »

Woj's evaluation of grad and traditional transfers has been hit or miss, at best, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2020, 08:16:18 AM »
Woj's evaluation of grad and traditional transfers has been hit or miss, at best, hey?

Hit:  Carlino, Rowsey, Reinhardt

Miss:  Froling, Chartouney

Asterisk:  Wally (didn't play well but got us Henry)

TBD:  McEwen, Johnson

Not sure where I would put Ed.  He's pretty much the same player he was at Nebraska.  He just never really improved.