Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ed Morrow  (Read 68353 times)

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
Re: Ed Morrow
« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2020, 04:57:55 PM »
I'd like to see Ed come back and play, sure he's had some challenges but I would expect we need 10-15 mins from him moving forward and he plays hard always. 

If he isn't coming back I hope he starts working on his NFL Combine skills and goes the Antonio Gates/Mo Alie-Cox route to NFL TE
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2020, 05:04:00 PM »
nm
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #177 on: January 16, 2020, 05:04:41 PM »
UPDATE: One of my all-time best MU buddies has a son that goes to MU now and knows many of the players. So here's the true story...he said the word all over campus is that Morrow quit the team because of the coaches and won't be coming back. No teal here - that is the inside scoop. He bailed out on the rest of the season and the potential to play in the tournament just to get away from WoJo. And that comes after wanting to transfer here so bad he sat out for a year.

So think about that...Morrow is a 5th year senior with no chance of transferring anywhere now. And yet he quit the team and gave up on any chance of playing in the tournament in his last season simply because he couldn't stand another minute of playing for WoJo. I think that's what we were all afraid of but were hoping wasn't the case. So now the reality is that 25% of last year's scholarship players walked away from a team that was projected to be in the top 5 this year solely for the reason that they didn't like playing for WoJo. 

Don't shoot the messenger here - I'm just telling you what I heard from a very reliable current student on campus.

Discuss...

(p.s. - for the record I'm a WoJo supporter)

Fine.  Let's circle the wagons and win with the guys that want to be here.  I suppose I wouldn't be especially fond of a coach that demoted me to 3rd at a position when I was in my last semester of eligibility, but the fact is that he earned that 3rd spot.    So being a coach isn't a popularity contest.  The bench players aren't always going to be happy.  Good for Wojo for bringing in Jayce so we don't really need Ed.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #178 on: January 16, 2020, 05:15:29 PM »
UPDATE: One of my all-time best MU buddies has a son that goes to MU now and knows many of the players. So here's the true story...he said the word all over campus is that Morrow quit the team because of the coaches and won't be coming back. No teal here - that is the inside scoop. He bailed out on the rest of the season and the potential to play in the tournament just to get away from WoJo. And that comes after wanting to transfer here so bad he sat out for a year.

So think about that...Morrow is a 5th year senior with no chance of transferring anywhere now. And yet he quit the team and gave up on any chance of playing in the tournament in his last season simply because he couldn't stand another minute of playing for WoJo. I think that's what we were all afraid of but were hoping wasn't the case. So now the reality is that 25% of last year's scholarship players walked away from a team that was projected to be in the top 5 this year solely for the reason that they didn't like playing for WoJo. 

Don't shoot the messenger here - I'm just telling you what I heard from a very reliable current student on campus.

Discuss...

He said he was quitting just to get away from wojo???
And if i had a nickel for every senior on a sports team that quit after realizing he was the last man on the bench and playing time frustrations that then disparraged the cost, I would be very rich!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #179 on: January 16, 2020, 05:17:48 PM »
At least we’re back to having a team full of guys who “want to be Warriors”.  I know we thought that’s what we had to begin the season, but this time it’s for real for real.

It’s too bad for both sides that MU didn’t work out for Ed.  He had a few good games last season, but his biggest impact was joining Harry and Koby as yet another cog in the “wait till next year when we get the one piece we were really missing” machine.  As for the rest of 2019-20, we’ll miss his five fouls and that’s about it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 05:20:52 PM by Silent Verbal »

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2020, 05:25:00 PM »
Actually, Ed’s traveling issue is more about taking too long to shoot.  It seems like an eternity when he backs his man down and he takes the extra step(s) to finally get around his opponent who he really can’t shoot over.

I have seen Ed get called for traveling when shuffling his feet in the post after receiving an entry pass and trying to get the shot off before a defender recovers. I have also seen Ed get called for traveling in the situation you describe. Either way, he is trying to avoid getting his shot blocked. Possibly, and very likely due to his size disadvantage.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2020, 05:31:40 PM »
I have seen Ed get called for traveling when shuffling his feet in the post after receiving an entry pass and trying to get the shot off before a defender recovers. I have also seen Ed get called for traveling in the situation you describe. Either way, he is trying to avoid getting his shot blocked. Possibly, and very likely due to his size disadvantage.

Was really hoping he would develop into a slightly taller Lazar Hayward or even if he needed to play below the rim be like Crowder with the layups.
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2020, 05:32:33 PM »
As someone who was also pretty well connected with the basketball/volleyball teams during his tenure at Marquette, no average student gets that kind of inside info from student athletes, no matter how close they are. I'm guessing it ended up being a giant game of telephone.

Maybe it's true, maybe it's not, but I knew Steve Taylor pretty well and when I straight up asked him if he's going to stick around after Buzz left all I got was a "I dunno."

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2020, 05:39:14 PM »
Ed always struck me as a great teammate who gave it everything he had. The ultimate effort guy. I hope he comes back. Even coming off the bench behind Theo and Jayce, he can still help the team. I'm sure Theo would say practicing against Ed has helped him become a better player. Whatever he ultimately decides, I wish him the best.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2020, 05:46:43 PM »

So in one sentence you say he quit the team because of the COACHES and then two sentences later you say it was to get away from WOJO.  Hard to take a post very seriously with that kind of discrepancy. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2020, 05:51:16 PM »
Just maybe, Wojo might think of playing zone, lets say 5 minutes a game, to hide the centers.  Providence played a zone against St. Johns, why, because they can not
shot the ball, should have played it against X, they can not shoot the ball either.
So the game Marquette won by 20 and crushed X on the glass, Wojo had the wrong defense all along?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2020, 05:58:16 PM »

Discuss...

Sounds a lot like last February.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2020, 05:58:29 PM »
He said he was quitting just to get away from wojo???
And if i had a nickel for every senior on a sports team that quit after realizing he was the last man on the bench and playing time frustrations that then disparraged the cost, I would be very rich!!

Can you name any seniors on high major basketball teams that quit mid-season and disparaged the coach?  I’m guessing you won’t be very rich.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2020, 05:59:34 PM »
Sounds a lot like last February.
you are hearing what you want to hear

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2020, 06:01:57 PM »
Can you name any seniors on high major basketball teams that quit mid-season and disparaged the coach?  I’m guessing you won’t be very rich.

Disparaged the coach hey?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2020, 06:02:46 PM »

Discuss...

Thanks for sharing.  I’m not surprised.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #191 on: January 16, 2020, 06:11:57 PM »

Can you point to where he did that because all I see is second and third hand?   Let me know when you find something.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2020, 06:16:56 PM »
Can you point to where he did that because all I see is second and third hand?   Let me know when you find something.

In your never ending obsession to argue with me (and virtually everyone else in Scoop) - you’ve once again failed.  Go back and read Sandknits post that I quoted.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2020, 06:18:28 PM »
Maybe the Love House's info is correct.

The game of telephone is definitely a b*tch....especially when everyone in the chain has an agenda.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2020, 06:22:28 PM »
In your never ending obsession to argue with me (and virtually everyone else in Scoop) - you’ve once again failed.  Go back and read Sandknits post that I quoted.

I argue with people that are wrong.  You made a statement that was wrong, or at least not substantiated by any real evidence.  You said he disparaged the coach....did you or did you not say that? 

I’m asking for evidence where he disparaged the coach.  Please show it.

Thank you
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2020, 06:29:42 PM »
I argue with people that are wrong.  You made a statement that was wrong, or at least not substantiated by any real evidence.  You said he disparaged the coach....did you or did you not say that? 

I’m asking for evidence where he disparaged the coach.  Please show it.

Thank you
When people see you coming and turn around and walk the other direction, they are disparaging you.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2020, 06:31:09 PM »
When people see you coming and turn around and walk the other direction, they are disparaging you.

People come to me and embrace me.

I’m sorry last night didn’t go well for you.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2020, 06:33:40 PM »
There was some smoke around other players departing after Hausergate, and I believe Ed was one of them. He was ultimately talked into staying. If his feelings about Wojo are what lead to him leaving I’m not sure he’s alone in feeling that way. Hopefully he is though and hopefully we’re better off (if this story is accurate).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 06:35:18 PM by NickelDimer »
No Finish Line

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2020, 06:40:02 PM »
People come to me and embrace me.

I’m sorry last night didn’t go well for you.

You would argue with a brick

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2020, 06:42:24 PM »
I can see Ed being pissed about losing minutes to the new guy Wojo brought in at his position and leaving as a result.

I’d rather have Jayce.