[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ed Morrow  (Read 68499 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Ed Morrow
« Reply #225 on: January 16, 2020, 08:12:39 PM »
sympathetic to what?  Anonymous posters attacking a kid on a basketball team?  They only deserve scorn and disrespect.

Lol. No attacking going on here. Just a honest reasoning for why he left.

But you be you Heisey. Keep being wrong.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2020, 08:16:22 PM »
He’s like a 2.0 college student trying to hit his minimum required character count with all the periods he uses.

It's unreadable.

panda

• All American
« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2020, 08:20:56 PM »
It's unreadable.

How some people still consider him the preeminent source of Marquette hoops is beyond me.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2020, 08:24:42 PM »
Well, you do fill the role.

There are also countless people here I never argue with....must not be bricks.

Those are the people who have you on ignore.

Posting during work hours? You on vacation AGAIN?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2020, 08:41:13 PM »
Those are the people who have you on ignore.

Posting during work hours? You on vacation AGAIN?

I don’t argue wit 4ever, Rocket, CT, Herman, Real, etc etc, etc.   I may have at one time, but pretty rarely.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2020, 08:45:32 PM »
People come to me and embrace me.

You have a plaque to prove it!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2020, 08:53:29 PM »
You have a plaque to prove it!

No, but great idea.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2020, 08:53:56 PM »
Yes, this is it.  People quit when they know it’s over.  It’s a convenient excuse to blame the coach.  Objectively he was not producing as much as he would have liked.  That is not the coaches fault. Still hoping the door is open for a return.

Go look at Ed's playing time during his time at MU.  It was ALL over the place.  He never played more than 26 minutes in a game at MU.  He played 10 games at Nebraska his sophomore year of 26+ and had 7 DNP's due to injury.

Ed wasn't going to be a superstar, but how could he showcase his full capabilities when vacillating generally between 0 to 16 minutes per game?  Wojo needs to work on dialing in a set rotations and roles.   Hard to be consistent when your experience and playing time as a player is anything but consistent.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #233 on: January 16, 2020, 08:55:14 PM »
Cheeks is in an argument over how much he argues.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #234 on: January 16, 2020, 09:00:31 PM »
Go look at Ed's playing time during his time at MU.  It was ALL over the place.  He never played more than 26 minutes in a game at MU.  He played 10 games at Nebraska his sophomore year of 26+ and had 7 DNP's due to injury.

Ed wasn't going to be a superstar, but how could he showcase his full capabilities when vacillating generally between 0 to 16 minutes per game?  Wojo needs to work on dialing in a set rotations and roles.   Hard to be consistent when your experience and playing time as a player is anything but consistent.

Injuries.  He wasn’t able to bring it consistently.  Love the guy. Hope he comes back, seems like a good dude with a lot of big energy.  If it is over, that’s a shame.  You play for a coach, you also play for your brothers, your school and yourself.  Hopefully it works out.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #235 on: January 16, 2020, 09:02:41 PM »
Injuries.  He wasn’t able to bring it consistently.  Love the guy. Hope he comes back, seems like a good dude with a lot of big energy.  If it is over, that’s a shame.  You play for a coach, you also play for your brothers, your school and yourself.  Hopefully it works out.
This.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #236 on: January 16, 2020, 09:04:03 PM »
Cheeks is in an argument over how much he argues.

I don’t think you understand what argue is...having a nice, pleasant conversation...a discussion.

Hey, did you read the Players Trib PR “thing” today on Jimmy Butler?

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #237 on: January 16, 2020, 09:06:56 PM »

Honest question; how many minutes do you think it takes to show that you have "it"?  If you can't show you have it in the 15 mpg you're getting, why would bumping that up to 20, 25, or 30 prove that you can be productive enough to earn those minutes?

Let's also keep in mind that minutes in game account for what, about 10% of time playing basketball as a student athlete, and the other 90% or so is behind closed doors when none of us can observe.  Unless you're a fly on the wall for every practice, you probably can't gauge the depth chart as well as the coaching staff.

Again, wish Ed well, hope he comes back, but the minute distribution this year has been pretty accurate to what's been deserved based on in-game performance IMO.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #238 on: January 16, 2020, 09:12:20 PM »

How many minutes do you think Ed deserved? Please be specific. Cite 10 games in which Ed would have made a difference if only Wojo had used him more.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2020, 09:26:18 PM »

I understand your argument.  I don’t  think it’s correct though.  Wojo plays the hot hand as do many coaches.  He was just never hot.  If he demonstrated game in and game out as well as in practices that he was better, we might be having the exact same conversation about Theo leaving.  At some point you need to produce.  People would be questioning Wojos sanity if he kept playing ineffective players for prolonged periods.  This was a no win situation unless Morrow accepted his role and finished his career at MU with his head held high.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2020, 09:59:21 PM »
How many minutes do you think Ed deserved? Please be specific. Cite 10 games in which Ed would have made a difference if only Wojo had used him more.

I don’t know. What I do know is that a totally erratic and inconsistent role isn’t helpful to any basketball players production. I also know that getting into a game for a few 3-4 minute segments is NOT the way to extract a player’s best.

As for the “hot hand” theory Shooter mentions above - at what time has Theo or Jayce had a “hot hand?”

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2020, 10:11:19 PM »
Honest question; how many minutes do you think it takes to show that you have "it"?  If you can't show you have it in the 15 mpg you're getting, why would bumping that up to 20, 25, or 30 prove that you can be productive enough to earn those minutes?

Again, wish Ed well, hope he comes back, but the minute distribution this year has been pretty accurate to what's been deserved based on in-game performance IMO.

Exactly correct.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #242 on: January 16, 2020, 10:11:44 PM »
I don’t know. What I do know is that a totally erratic and inconsistent role isn’t helpful to any basketball players production. I also know that getting into a game for a few 3-4 minute segments is NOT the way to extract a player’s best.

As for the “hot hand” theory Shooter mentions above - at what time has Theo or Jayce had a “hot hand?”

There's literally a television timeout every 4 minutes in college basketball.  Not to mention the 4 timeouts per game each team gets and a halftime.  If a player can't figure out how to be productive in a 3-4 minute spurt, they aren't going to do it at all in college basketball.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #243 on: January 16, 2020, 10:13:27 PM »
WTF did I just read?

That wasn’t research. Or a report. It was like a letter about an ex that you wish was still in your bed.

That was terrible. I don’t know this doods guy y’all read and talk about. But this was terrible. I... I just don’t even know.

Put the keyboard down man.

Honestly one of the strangest, creepiest things I've read recently. I had to stop a few paragraphs in because my skin was crawling. Godawful writing too. Simply dreadful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #244 on: January 16, 2020, 10:13:47 PM »
Ed came out against Providence after the looooong two point attempt, which is a bad shot for anyone other than Markus or maybe Sacar and a terrible shot for Ed. I expect he didn't play against Seton Hall because he simply doesn't have the size to defend Gill or Obiagu. He was always going to have his minutes contingent on circumstance, just like Jayce has.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #245 on: January 16, 2020, 10:15:04 PM »
Im close with one of the managers, ed reportedly quit the team

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #246 on: January 16, 2020, 10:25:43 PM »
Im close with one of the managers, ed reportedly quit the team

I believe it. Wojo’s avoidance of any response when directly asked last night by Homer spoke volumes. My guess he’s p’d off what happened.  If there was truly a personal reason, injury, illness, etc, he would have offered up something to mention support, concern, whatever, while not giving away any hints what the trouble is.

I don’t blame Wojo a bit either if he is rankled over it.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #247 on: January 16, 2020, 10:27:21 PM »
Still going to support Ed wherever he ends up next, talked to him once and he is a really nice dude

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #248 on: January 16, 2020, 10:32:08 PM »
There's literally a television timeout every 4 minutes in college basketball.  Not to mention the 4 timeouts per game each team gets and a halftime.  If a player can't figure out how to be productive in a 3-4 minute spurt, they aren't going to do it at all in college basketball.

You are literally taking it too literally. 

If we measured guys production on the is team by 4 minute segments, think you’d find a lot of non factors out there other than Markus.

The over-arching point is that having significant volatility in your playing time and role game to game AND having to navigate a generally short leash in a game - that’s tough sledding for any player.

Nonetheless, just another guy to quit mid-season on Wojo:  Burton, Dawson, Cohen, Cheatham, Traci, and now Ed. Nothing to see here.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #249 on: January 16, 2020, 10:32:31 PM »
Still going to support Ed wherever he ends up next, talked to him once and he is a really nice dude

Next is either back here or pro. He's exhausted his college eligibility unless he wants to finish the season at Marquette.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback