[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Missing Scoopers?  (Read 40291 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Missing Scoopers?
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2020, 04:41:11 AM »
::)  Aaaaand another conversation devolving into a dumb argument.
Asaand another opinion devolving into calling other opinions dumb, which makes the point that we need to ban all those whose opinions differ from the elite  educated illuminati
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2020, 07:48:52 AM »

MUScoop's slogan.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2020, 08:43:18 AM »

This is scoop where people will latch onto a single tiny detail in a post and fight about it for 15 pages

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2020, 08:50:21 AM »
This is scoop where people will latch onto a single tiny detail in a post and fight about it for 15 pages

And just about everyone is guilty of it
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2020, 08:56:05 AM »
And just about everyone is guilty of it

Ehhhhh there's the select few who make it an artform. Sometimes even starting 6 more topics on the same thing.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2020, 09:01:58 AM »
Ehhhhh there's the select few who make it an artform. Sometimes even starting 6 more topics on the same thing.

Seek help, you are unstable for lack of self awareness of your own contributions for which you complain
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2020, 09:03:09 AM »
Seek help, you are unstable for lack of self awareness of your own contributions for which you complain

You should go through my posts more throughly

MU82

• All American
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2020, 10:05:51 AM »

And 15 years!

(Honestly don't know if Scoop has been around that long ... but it made for good symmetry!)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2020, 10:17:04 AM »
And 15 years!

(Honestly don't know if Scoop has been around that long ... but it made for good symmetry!)

Dang I should have done 13.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2020, 11:04:48 AM »
For my $0.02 worth, I'm happy to see the most angry, agressive, obnoxious deviants gone.
I can pass over the tedious repetitive members, no problem.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2020, 11:13:28 AM »
If he lands Mane, highly doubt he would leave on his own, even if we miss NCAA tournament, and no way I see MU letting him go.  Ultimately, Wojo isn't a quick study, but he is a grinder, and the hope would that after 6 years and seeing how letting one player be ball dominant is a formula for disaster - he'll become a better coach.  This is the best we can hope for..and it is possible.

Really an ignorant opinion,  the problem is not Markus its that the rest of our junior and senior players are not very good.  Ya blame Markus for trying to drag the reat of the stumble bums to victory.  So so very stupid
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2020, 11:54:15 AM »
Really an ignorant opinion,  the problem is not Markus its that the rest of our junior and senior players are not very good.  Ya blame Markus for trying to drag the reat of the stumble bums to victory.  So so very stupid

Rarely bother to even dignify you with a response, but I’ll indulge:  I do t give AF what you think - you are the guy who heralded Matters Heldt over Luke Fischer and have had numerous other epicly failed takes.

I like Markus, but there would be another senior and another Redshirt sophomore on the roster who aren’t “stumble bums” had Wojo been able to manage things better last year.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2020, 01:27:08 PM »
Their dissatisfaction and physical limitations were integral to the closing stretch last year.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2020, 01:39:43 PM »
Completely unnecessary. No need to make sexist comments
Not understanding the sexist bit. Did you ever listen to the dear departed Sam Kinnison?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2020, 01:46:22 PM »
Rarely bother to even dignify you with a response, but I’ll indulge:  I do t give AF what you think - you are the guy who heralded Matters Heldt over Luke Fischer and have had numerous other epicly failed takes.

I like Markus, but there would be another senior and another Redshirt sophomore on the roster who aren’t “stumble bums” had Wojo been able to manage things better differentlylast year.
Fixed it for you. It may have been an unmanageable situation, nobody really knows.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2020, 01:52:08 PM »
Not understanding the sexist bit. Did you ever listen to the dear departed Sam Kinnison?
Yes, because the late Sam should have been everyone's moral touchstone when it came to defining sexism.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2020, 02:18:15 PM »
I don't know if y'all have noticed that I haven't visited the basketball threads recently, but here's why: even though I have put many of the more egregious posters on Ignore, it is simply not worth wading through all the vitriol, mean-spiritedness, and outright stupidity to get to anything that I would want to read.

FFS, we soundly beat a top-ten team, and some of you still found reasons to post harshly negative crap during and after the game. Every single thread, even if it starts out as reasonable discourse (like this one), devolves into a name-calling, dick-swinging argument about the same topics over and over again. This isn't a Marquette fan site any more.  It's a Marquette bashing site.  Fans of our opponents who visit this site must laugh their asses off, and I don't blame them.

I don't need to waste my time reading the posts of armchair coaches, failed athletes, and straight up idiots who have nothing constructive or insightful to say. It is possible to criticize without being hateful, but most of the recent posters on Scoop have chosen to forgo that route.  I know several other folks who used to be very active on Scoop who don't even log in anymore, and they were some of the most incisive, entertaining posters.

I am forever grateful to the mods for creating this site, as I have derived a lot of pleasure from participating in it.  But they have allowed it to be taken over by its most despicable posters.   Perhaps they don't mind, or may even agree with those "fans".  But if they want to return Scoop to the days when fans could have reasonable conversations, may I humbly suggest that they put the worst offenders (and we all know who they are) on a very long break and allow the site to mend itself.
MU has an engaged fan base which is an asset of the program.  I believe it is one of the essential requirements for success. Engaged Fans have strong opinions.

Scoop allows for all opinions.

Mr. Dodds only allows one opinion, his and those who agree with him  .

I prefer Scoop. 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2020, 02:34:11 PM »
Honestly, a lot of the interesting conversations have moved onto twitter of all places. I don't post here nearly as much as I use to simply because the level of discourse has devolved to name calling and each "side" using it's own facts. Over the last three days I've gotten involved with at least 4 parallel debates about Wojo on twitter that were intelligent, insightful, and snarky....all things that Scoop use to be but have seemingly gone away. These conversations were outstanding despite me being largely on the pollyanna side of things and one of the few ones at that.

Plus selfishly I get tired of having to defend myself when I post things that I know to be true and people question it.

One note, this absolutely has nothing to do with the overlords of Scoop, they have provided an invaluable platform that I'm historically grateful for....it's not their fault that the majority of the posters these days are borderline trolls.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2020, 02:41:27 PM »
MU has an engaged fan base which is an asset of the program.  I believe it is one of the essential requirements for success. Engaged Fans have strong opinions.

I prefer Scoop.

Agree HC. Dodds has no interest in differing opinions. That why his board does not get much traffic.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2020, 03:11:46 PM »

I prefer Scoop.

Who, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2020, 04:00:36 PM »
Honestly, a lot of the interesting conversations have moved onto twitter of all places. I don't post here nearly as much as I use to simply because the level of discourse has devolved to name calling and each "side" using it's own facts. Over the last three days I've gotten involved with at least 4 parallel debates about Wojo on twitter that were intelligent, insightful, and snarky....all things that Scoop use to be but have seemingly gone away. These conversations were outstanding despite me being largely on the pollyanna side of things and one of the few ones at that.

Plus selfishly I get tired of having to defend myself when I post things that I know to be true and people question it.

One note, this absolutely has nothing to do with the overlords of Scoop, they have provided an invaluable platform that I'm historically grateful for....it's not their fault that the majority of the posters these days are borderline trolls.

+1

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2020, 04:27:04 PM »
Dang I should have done 13.

This could devolve into the Bernie/Warren 30 years or 29 years debate!! [NO POLITICS]

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2020, 05:15:12 PM »
This could devolve into the Bernie/Warren 30 years or 29 years debate!! [NO POLITICS]

That was the weirdest argument I've ever seen in a debate
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2020, 05:26:32 PM »
I’ve been around. But I’m not into reading anger and hate.

So why acknowledged angry people that only show up during losses.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #174 on: January 15, 2020, 05:47:46 PM »
I’ve been around. But I’m not into reading anger and hate.

So why acknowledged angry people that only show up during losses.

I actively post I order to counter the more extreme takes on Wojo and the players.

Karin Mane or one of his peeps may browse Marquette fan sites and I think it's important that they see support for the players and coach, win or lose.
If no one spoke up in support of Wojo and the team, Karim could get the notion that he might be making a mistake by considering Marquette.

The same rationale applies to other recruits considering Marquette.

These borderline trolls could cause real harm to the program