[Today at 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[Today at 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Missing Scoopers?  (Read 40151 times)

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Re: Missing Scoopers?
« Reply #175 on: January 15, 2020, 05:51:07 PM »
For my $0.02 worth, I'm happy to see the most angry, agressive, obnoxious deviants gone.
I can pass over the tedious repetitive members, no problem.
How about a page just for the deviants.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2020, 05:52:27 PM »
I actively post I order to counter the more extreme takes on Wojo and the players.

Have you ever considered that if everyone ignored the "more extreme" that their threads would fall to the bottom of the list, and wouldn't keep being bumped.  At the same time, if you only posted or replied to posts that were discussing (what you deem) interesting thoughts about Marquette Hoops, perhaps there would be less arguing.

Just some of my own thoughts.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2020, 06:11:11 PM »
Have you ever considered that if everyone ignored the "more extreme" that their threads would fall to the bottom of the list, and wouldn't keep being bumped.  At the same time, if you only posted or replied to posts that were discussing (what you deem) interesting thoughts about Marquette Hoops, perhaps there would be less arguing.

Just some of my own thoughts.

I've considered it, but if lies or misrepresentations are left unchallenged they often become accepted as truth. I don't find much on this board worth fighting about but the trashing of Wojo and the players is where I draw the line.

In view of the mods reluctance to ban the borderline trolls who show up  only after losses and pollute the board with toxic, hyperbolic rhetoric, I see no other option. Silence is not an option for me in this instance.

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2020, 09:19:21 PM »
I've considered it, but if lies or misrepresentations are left unchallenged they often become accepted as truth. I don't find much on this board worth fighting about but the trashing of Wojo and the players is where I draw the line.

In view of the mods reluctance to ban the borderline trolls who show up  only after losses and pollute the board with toxic, hyperbolic rhetoric, I see no other option. Silence is not an option for me in this instance.

It’s not that serious... a message isn’t life. I am a fan but it’s college basketball, basically a hobby.  ::)

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #179 on: January 15, 2020, 09:25:36 PM »
Lots of missing scoopers tonight
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #180 on: January 15, 2020, 10:02:08 PM »

Curious, Jake ... did you end up going to Kirkwood?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #181 on: January 15, 2020, 10:11:58 PM »

Of course. Nothing bad enough worth sharing.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2020, 10:13:50 PM »

Shhhhh ... no need to encourage them.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #183 on: January 15, 2020, 10:15:38 PM »

I hate to state the obvious, but a lot of Scoopers were probably at the game tonight. That makes a difference in time spent on the internet.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #184 on: January 15, 2020, 10:18:04 PM »
I hate to state the obvious, but a lot of Scoopers were probably at the game tonight. That makes a difference in time spent on the internet.

Hmm. I have a harder time believing some of the expected missing scoopers would not be attending the game.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #185 on: January 15, 2020, 10:25:18 PM »
It’s not that serious... a message isn’t life. I am a fan but it’s college basketball, basically a hobby.  ::)

How about people toning down the rhetoric in the middle of the season AND in the middle of a recruiting battle for Karim Mane. When the seasons over and Karim is signed to a NLI, then let's talk about how successful or unsuccessful Marquette was this season. Sometimes I think people are trying to sabotage his recruitment to make Wojo look bad.

Words matter. The trashing of Wojo and the players is not harmless. Those words could negatively impact this season and future recruiting.

Fans need to remember that they represent Marquette, just like the coach and the players do.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 10:34:25 PM by WhoaJoe2020 »

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #186 on: January 15, 2020, 10:28:11 PM »
How about people toning down the rhetoric in the middle of the season AND in the middle of a recruiting battle for Karim Mane. When the seasons over and Karim is signed to a NLI, then let's talk about how successful or unsuccessful Marquette was this season. Sometimes I think people are trying to sabotage his recruitment to make Wojo look bad.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2020, 10:29:01 PM »

Yea. Let’s shut down Scoop until after the season and the Karim Mane recruitment is over.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2020, 10:30:05 PM »

Silliness.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2020, 10:36:24 PM »
Silliness.

Is it?

There are people on this board who seem to still be angry over Buzz leaving and constantly hold him up as proof that Wojo is a failure.. There's another group, or maybe the same group that's angry about the Hausers leaving and places ALL the blame on
Wojo.

Angry people with a grudge are capable of almost anything.

Are there some people on this board rooting for Wojo to fail? You tell me.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 12:57:30 AM by WhoaJoe2020 »

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2020, 10:44:15 PM »
Yea. Let’s shut down Scoop until after the season and the Karim Mane recruitment is over.

No, let's shut down the extreme rhetoric until Karim is signed and Marquettes tournament fate is determined.

Constructive criticism is actually very helpful. I do it myself. Destructive, hyperbolic, negative rhetoric, not so much.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 10:55:12 PM by WhoaJoe2020 »

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2020, 10:54:18 PM »

When you're dealing with " fans " who only show up after a loss to spew caustic, vitriolic, negative rhetoric, but lack the courage to show up after a win, I wouldn't put anything past them.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 11:02:10 PM by WhoaJoe2020 »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2020, 11:04:30 PM »

Thank you for coming out of your silent room after all these years lurking and carrying the mantle of all good things Scoop. Your 12 days of fighting for the life of the Scoop board against all things and posters unjust will be rewarded in heaven.

Arby's coupons for you, sir, for your newfound gallantry.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #193 on: January 15, 2020, 11:06:21 PM »
Curious, Jake ... did you end up going to Kirkwood?

Nope. 0-3 there so went to Old Town Pub as the wife was coaching a running group down the street. Maybe this is my new place (albeit much further from home)
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2020, 12:05:48 AM »
Nope. 0-3 there so went to Old Town Pub as the wife was coaching a running group down the street. Maybe this is my new place (albeit much further from home)

I'm a refuse-to-give-in-to-superstition kind of guy, so I would have HAD to go to Kirkwood if I were you. But I totally understand.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2020, 12:17:22 AM »
Thank you for coming out of your silent room after all these years lurking and carrying the mantle of all good things Scoop. Your 12 days of fighting for the life of the Scoop board against all things and posters unjust will be rewarded in heaven.

Arby's coupons for you, sir, for your newfound gallantry.

If you don't have a problem with " fans" who only show up after losses to trash the coach and players that's fine. You do you.

I did recently join the board to add another voice in opposition to these "fans" and their hyperbolic, negative comments. I can think of worse reasons.

As for your characterization of me as a self styled crusader for all things good on the board you should read the post you responded to a little closer. The only things I've been battling are the "fans" who constantly trash the coach and players while Marquette is in the midst of a tough conference schedule and a critical recruiting battle. If you have a problem with that we're not going to get along well.

You can keep your coupons

Goose

• All American
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2020, 03:38:38 AM »
Dr. B

It really is special that WhoaJoe took the time to dip his toe in the Scoop water. If we are lucky, possibly WhoaJoe’s instant Scoop success will encourage other long time lurkers to sneak in a post or fifty a day.

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2020, 05:56:55 AM »

Words matter. The trashing of Wojo and the players is not harmless. Those words could negatively impact this season and future recruiting.

Fans need to remember that they represent Marquette, just like the coach and the players do.
The powers that be are certainly not basing hiring, firing or recruiting decisions based on what fans are saying online.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2020, 06:37:32 AM »
This is true.   However, recruits and their families do read message boards.    And it can negatively influence them.    Badger fans negatively influenced Blue, Matthews, the Hauser family.    Legend has it that message board chatter cost MU a recruit under Crean.   Certainly, the Diener family has no love for a certain poster on the Dodds board.     Now, some will argue that recruits and their families should not read message boards.   That it is just a message board and what anonymous fans post shouldn't be taken seriously or personally.     Balderdash.   

You are judged by what you say everywhere and by everyone.    Words do create impressions.   People do infer character of individuals and a fanbase as a whole.     It just is.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2020, 06:50:39 AM »
Dr. B

It really is special that WhoaJoe took the time to dip his toe in the Scoop water. If we are lucky, possibly WhoaJoe’s instant Scoop success will encourage other long time lurkers to sneak in a post or fifty a day.
Does Chico's actually have a job?  Sure seems to be a lot of free time.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

feedback