[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Investing Thread  (Read 297548 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Investing Thread
« Reply #2250 on: December 24, 2022, 01:42:42 PM »
Despite promising he'd do it, and despite Twitter polls urging him to do it, Mr. Free Speech is refusing to reinstate the accounts of media members he disagrees with.

“Musk owns the platform,” said one of the banned journalists. “He’s fully entitled to ban any of us. But it’s all a bit rich coming from a so-called free-speech absolutist."
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 01:44:34 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2251 on: December 28, 2022, 10:23:58 AM »
This should help the Tesla share price (and bring advertisers back to Twitter). I definitely want this stable genius as CEO of my company:

Peter Kacandes
@ElGrecoSF
·
6h
Replying to
@elonmusk
Maybe not, but you've got the impulse control of a toddler.
I really hope you've got some secret plan, but as it stands now, you paid the most ever to be the biggest internet troll.

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Replying to
@ElGrecoSF
And you have tiny testicles!
3:26 AM · Dec 28, 2022
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2252 on: December 28, 2022, 11:02:14 AM »
This should help the Tesla share price (and bring advertisers back to Twitter). I definitely want this stable genius as CEO of my company:

Peter Kacandes
@ElGrecoSF
·
6h
Replying to
@elonmusk
Maybe not, but you've got the impulse control of a toddler.
I really hope you've got some secret plan, but as it stands now, you paid the most ever to be the biggest internet troll.

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Replying to
@ElGrecoSF
And you have tiny testicles!
3:26 AM · Dec 28, 2022

Hahaha!  He’s owning the libs good
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2253 on: December 28, 2022, 11:18:52 AM »
A decent takedown.  Not as good as Greta's...
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2254 on: January 03, 2023, 11:11:30 AM »
looks like time to buy some more tesla at $125!!

big buy rating- average target price of $270 with a high ceiling of around $450

What's the old saying...don't try to catch a falling knife.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2255 on: January 03, 2023, 11:51:40 AM »
What's the old saying...don't try to catch a falling knife.

Elon just made Tom Zhu second in command.  Tough break for the America first crowd

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2256 on: January 03, 2023, 01:10:34 PM »
Elon just made Tom Zhu second in command.  Tough break for the America first crowd

Setting up a fall guy for further financial disappointments.

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2258 on: January 06, 2023, 12:55:51 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2259 on: January 06, 2023, 01:00:50 PM »
The life blood in the auto industry is new product and innovation.     Tesla doesn't have new product in the pipeline and a whole bunch of companies are innovating faster.   

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2260 on: January 06, 2023, 03:12:25 PM »
The life blood in the auto industry is new product and innovation.     Tesla doesn't have new product in the pipeline and a whole bunch of companies are innovating faster.   
They do have a "truck" coming out, which may be the ugliest vehicle design I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/teslacybertruck

I've seen it described "the sort of truck a child draws before they learn how to draw" and an "incelmobile".
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2261 on: January 06, 2023, 03:45:01 PM »
Latest info is the Cybertruck does not include airbags. So...?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2262 on: January 06, 2023, 03:48:00 PM »
They do have a "truck" coming out, which may be the ugliest vehicle design I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/teslacybertruck

I've seen it described "the sort of truck a child draws before they learn how to draw" and an "incelmobile".

Incelmobile is just some dumb moniker clearly created by someone post-Elon and Twitter.  Clearly incels love muscle cars or whatever Andrew Tate drives

That being said, my BIL called it a Minecraft Mobile and I thought that was absolutely perfect.  Some ad copy editor more clever than me needs to create a "real trucks have curves" campaign for a competitor EV

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2263 on: January 06, 2023, 03:56:57 PM »
Incelmobile is just some dumb moniker clearly created by someone post-Elon and Twitter.  Clearly incels love muscle cars or whatever Andrew Tate drives

That being said, my BIL called it a Minecraft Mobile and I thought that was absolutely perfect.  Some ad copy editor more clever than me needs to create a "real trucks have curves" campaign for a competitor EV

Imagine buying a cybertruck when this beauty is going to be available.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2264 on: January 06, 2023, 04:10:50 PM »
I passed a Rivian truck on the highway a couple days ago. Gorgeous. The Ford Lightning is nice, too, if they can ever get their act together and get some on the road.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2265 on: January 06, 2023, 04:33:31 PM »
I passed a Rivian truck on the highway a couple days ago. Gorgeous. The Ford Lightning is nice, too, if they can ever get their act together and get some on the road.

Agreed, I love the lights on the Rivian trucks.  They're kinda small for an "American" truck... its more of a midsize... which is fine.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2266 on: January 06, 2023, 04:40:34 PM »

You don't like incelmobile, but you like Minecraft Mobile? I mean, OK.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2267 on: January 07, 2023, 12:06:37 AM »
You don't like incelmobile, but you like Minecraft Mobile? I mean, OK.

Incel just seems to be a dumb overused term people throw around for guys they don’t like these days.  Musk is many things and his loyal followers are many things, but incel is far from the list of adjectives or nouns I’d put in that realm.

Minecraft Mobile was funny to me cause Minecraft is such a persistent enduring craze despite clunky block graphics, just like the CyberTruck

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2268 on: January 07, 2023, 07:44:21 AM »
Incel is a title that group chose for themselves.

As far. as the truck, not all striking design is good.   Though, if it ever gets to market, it does have some cool features.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2269 on: January 07, 2023, 08:18:09 AM »
Huge day for the stock market yesterday after job numbers came in. The job market continues to grow, but the pace is slowing some, and that bit of "bad" news put Mr. Market in a partying mood.

The employment situation is truly fascinating to me. Compared to February 2020 -- the last month with pre-pandemic records -- there are 1.2 million more people working today. Wages are up, too, although not high enough to account for inflation over the last year.

My wife and I were walking around a popular shopping area a few days ago, one with a 10+ restaurants, a brewery, a fitness center and dozens of stores (chains and locally owned). And literally every establishment had a help-wanted sign up. Every single one. I've never seen anything like it before.

I know the economy is far from perfect, and some major corporations that had built up their employee count during the recession are starting to do layoffs, and inflation is still a beast, and recession is still quite possible. Some economists think we're already in a recession ... but if so, it's the weirdest recession in American history.

As for the market, I'm hoping the run continues next week. I'd like to do some targeted selling in some accounts as we position our portfolio for my wife's retirement later this year. I have several limit sell orders that are getting close to hitting. Come on, Mr. Market ... stay excited!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2270 on: January 07, 2023, 09:37:38 AM »

I think you are going to see a lot less help wanted signs in the very near future. The cost of eating at home is probably comparable to the price of going out pre inflation and that is starting to take hold. I think it might seem like a strange recession because people are still spending money, even if they should not be.

I have a friend that owns that a fast food chain and he has told me horror stories in regard to how inflation has hit his business. He told me that while he obviously watches sales numbers, transaction numbers are his barometer for a healthy business. He told me that over the past thirty days transaction numbers were down for the first time YOY.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2271 on: January 07, 2023, 09:49:06 AM »
Are people eating at fast food restaurants over the holidays?  Not sure December is a good gage month.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2272 on: January 07, 2023, 10:07:40 AM »
MU Fan

He said YOY numbers. I know you are more bullish on the economy than I am and hopefully you are correct.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2273 on: January 07, 2023, 10:36:23 AM »
There are still supply chain issues. 
There is still a war in Ukraine.
There is still COVID.
There is still OPEC.
There is still avian flu.  (Hello, egg costs)
There is still wild weather. 

There is still robust hiring. 
There are still amazing opportunities.
There are new scientific advancements every day.   Batteries.    Vaccines.   

Of course there are going to be headwinds, valleys, challenges.   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2274 on: January 07, 2023, 04:23:32 PM »

I think you are going to see a lot less help wanted signs in the very near future. The cost of eating at home is probably comparable to the price of going out pre inflation and that is starting to take hold. I think it might seem like a strange recession because people are still spending money, even if they should not be.

I have a friend that owns that a fast food chain and he has told me horror stories in regard to how inflation has hit his business. He told me that while he obviously watches sales numbers, transaction numbers are his barometer for a healthy business. He told me that over the past thirty days transaction numbers were down for the first time YOY.

I've heard similar horror stories, and I have no doubt they're true. I also know 2 businesspeople who are so optimistic that they've opened new stores in the last 2 months. Some segments of the economy are hurting, some are robust. It will be interesting to see if and when people significantly curtail their spending.

There are still supply chain issues. 
There is still a war in Ukraine.
There is still COVID.
There is still OPEC.
There is still avian flu.  (Hello, egg costs)
There is still wild weather. 

There is still robust hiring. 
There are still amazing opportunities.
There are new scientific advancements every day.   Batteries.    Vaccines.   

Of course there are going to be headwinds, valleys, challenges.

All of this is true, too.