'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Airing of Grievences Thread  (Read 60960 times)

WhiteTrash

• All American
Re: Airing of Grievences Thread
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2019, 06:47:52 PM »
St louis "pizza" tastes like ass.
I hope that means you hate it  ;D

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2019, 06:52:38 PM »
Home Run, Screaming Sicilian, so many better options than Tombstone.
I'll give them a try. Thanks for the recommendations.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2019, 07:01:57 PM »
Just to be clear, if you forced an employee to wear a wig, or fired them you wouldn't have a practice anymore.

no worries cain, i've been doing this for a while.  how many years have you and biass run a business?  thought so :-*

thanks jesmu for the kind words

as i think i stated earlier-i have had employees for upwards of 40-50 years-they were originally hired by my father and continued on with me beyond his retirement.  i have only had to fire 3 people over my entire career and i do not hope to have to do it even once more. 

some of you guys will just never get it-that's why you never have nor ever will own your own business
don't...don't don't don't don't

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2019, 07:07:37 PM »
I’ve run my own business for twenty years and have never had a dress code or even thought about what hair color my employees have. One customer sales rep has a different color and style very other week.

Just face it. It bothers you and likely you alone. Don’t blame your customers.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2019, 07:17:16 PM »
  no worries cain, i've been doing this for a while.  how many years have you and biass run a business?  thought so :-*

as i think i stated earlier-i have had employees for upwards of 40-50 years-they were originally hired by my father and continued on with me beyond his retirement.  i have only had to fire 3 people over my entire career and i do not hope to have to do it even once more. 

some of you guys will just never get it-that's why you never have nor ever will own your own business

unlike the men who love meat here who always need everyone to know what theyve accomplished in their lives id rather NOT have weirdos like you knowing my life story.

having said that it doesnt take a business owner to know hypocrisy. youre so tolerant of all viewpoints and walks of life that instead of taking YOUR employee (you own her) for her word you call her a liar and say what she really means to be doing is drawing attention to herself rather than supporting someone going through a major health issue.

good stuff. but what do i know? i neither speak chinese nor run a clinic that people would no longer come to if someone working on their mouth had a bald head.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2019, 07:20:20 PM »
St louis "pizza" tastes like ass.

No wonder it’s ur fav brah
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2019, 07:29:54 PM »

Assumptions will get ya in trouble bud. I don't share much about my life but I do have my own business. Not huge like yours is, but then again I didn't need my dad to start it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2019, 07:34:08 PM »
For the record IPAs were not started in the PNW. They're an old East India Trading company style hence the name India Pale Ale.

I don't doubt that a bunch of hipsters in Seattle Portland and San Francisco likely made them become as big as they are today. Just wanted to address that historical misconception in a quoted post I wouldn't have seen otherwise.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2019, 07:36:10 PM »
What a surprise this has turned into a pissing match
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2019, 08:04:56 PM »

at least we know who the d!(ks are on this board

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2019, 08:24:33 PM »
I hope that means you hate it  ;D

Yeah, no ass eating here.   I imagine that an a$$hole tastes like StL pizza, doe.

Bellatori cooked on a on a pizza pizzazz is dope.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2019, 08:52:55 PM »
unlike the men who love meat here who always need everyone to know what theyve accomplished in their lives id rather NOT have weirdos like you knowing my life story.

Brilliant post.

MU86NC

• Starter
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2019, 08:53:07 PM »
Festivus wasnt funny 20 years ago and it still isnt funny.

Crean sucks
Nd sucks
What's so funny bout peace love and understanding!  I didn't think Festivus was about funny...

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2019, 08:59:40 PM »
Assumptions will get ya in trouble bud. I don't share much about my life but I do have my own business. Not huge like yours is, but then again I didn't need my dad to start it.

Simpleton.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2019, 09:11:27 PM »
DiGiorno Rising Crust.

My friends.

You may want to try Home run Inn.  Strictly Chicago Crust.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2019, 09:15:00 PM »
A Tombstone on a Sunday morning from the dorm store in Schroeder was the bomb.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2019, 11:36:01 PM »
A Tombstone on a Sunday morning from the dorm store in Schroeder was the bomb.

Sure, and poor college days is where Tombstone should stay.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2019, 01:26:51 AM »
  what really made the original tombstone 'zas to take off is when they made those iconic little ovens

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2019, 01:38:20 AM »
  at least we know who the d!(ks are on this board

Rocket, you told a female employee that she couldn't have a hairstyle that (I assume) you would allow a male employee to have. That is a textbook act of discrimination. It's not an egregious one. It doesn't make you a bad person. But it's okay to own it.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2019, 02:27:50 AM »
Rocket, you told a female employee that she couldn't have a hairstyle that (I assume) you would allow a male employee to have. That is a textbook act of discrimination. It's not an egregious one. It doesn't make you a bad person. But it's okay to own it.

Come on man...I never told her outright that she couldn’t shave her head. She told me she was thinking about it in a way more to get a reaction out of me than anything.  For the record, I never said to her, listen tootsie, if you shave your head, I’m going to sh!tcan you.  Unfortunately, I don’t have any males in my office so ya’ll can scratch misogynist off your list. 

But here’s one of the (too) many and last interactions I had to endure from her-
  She calls me on Easter Sunday night asking me if she was supposed to come into work Monday.  I’m like, umm, yeah, we were expecting you.  Then she starts ranting about working too many( 30-35) hours per week. So I told her, no problem, you can have Monday off...oh, and you deserve Tuesday off as well, hmm, might as well go for 3 in a row and take Wednesday off too, ahh hell,  make it a bakers dozen...long story short, I relieved her of her hours, NOT because she said she was thinking about shaving her head, which came up weeks before this incident, but because she was an airhead.  Any of you guys want to hire her, pm me and I’ll give you her name(for those of you in rio Linda, that was a joke). Also, have at it with the above dialogue which was embellished a little, but she became only the 3rd and hopefully the last person I will ever have to fire.  She was assistant #3 in my attempts to fill a position vacated by my original assistant of 31 years at the time...fwiw, no I didn’t fire her due to old age or bad breath or being short or...she retired at the age of 75

It was a passing event. I understand where you are coming from tamu with your HR thing, but you just re-“woke” the panty wastes to reignite their faux virtue signaling  ok have at it  this ought to be juicy though

Oh, and in before the lock 🤷🏼‍♂️🤯

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2019, 08:37:58 AM »
My grievance is that IPAs have grown to dominate the craft beer scene.  I don't care for bitter flavors and do not understand the  quest to make beer as bitter as possible.

I can only think of two IPAs that I could tolerate but I wouldn't buy them on my own. 

I would much rather have beer featuring the malt or yeast, not the hops.  But I have to search through a sea of IPAs to find them.

Me too.
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

🏀

• All American
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2019, 09:05:15 AM »
Home Run Inn on the grill is incredible

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2019, 09:13:37 AM »
Come on man...I never told her outright that she couldn’t shave her head. She told me she was thinking about it in a way more to get a reaction out of me than anything.  For the record, I never said to her, listen tootsie, if you shave your head, I’m going to sh!tcan you.  Unfortunately, I don’t have any males in my office so ya’ll can scratch misogynist off your list. 

But here’s one of the (too) many and last interactions I had to endure from her-
  She calls me on Easter Sunday night asking me if she was supposed to come into work Monday.  I’m like, umm, yeah, we were expecting you.  Then she starts ranting about working too many( 30-35) hours per week. So I told her, no problem, you can have Monday off...oh, and you deserve Tuesday off as well, hmm, might as well go for 3 in a row and take Wednesday off too, ahh hell,  make it a bakers dozen...long story short, I relieved her of her hours, NOT because she said she was thinking about shaving her head, which came up weeks before this incident, but because she was an airhead.  Any of you guys want to hire her, pm me and I’ll give you her name(for those of you in rio Linda, that was a joke). Also, have at it with the above dialogue which was embellished a little, but she became only the 3rd and hopefully the last person I will ever have to fire.  She was assistant #3 in my attempts to fill a position vacated by my original assistant of 31 years at the time...fwiw, no I didn’t fire her due to old age or bad breath or being short or...she retired at the age of 75

It was a passing event. I understand where you are coming from tamu with your HR thing, but you just re-“woke” the panty wastes to reignite their faux virtue signaling  ok have at it  this ought to be juicy though

You know those moments when you post something thinking it will make you look better and it has the opposite effect? This is one of those.

You're fortunate to be closer to the end of your career than the beginning.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2019, 09:18:45 AM »

If she was a stellar employee, would you have allowed her to shave her head?

What if she was a stellar employee who walked in one day without hair?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2019, 09:23:34 AM »

My oh my....

feedback