[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Airing of Grievences Thread  (Read 61685 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Airing of Grievences Thread
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2019, 10:48:00 AM »
Just to be clear, if you forced an employee to wear a wig, or fired them you wouldn't have a practice anymore.

You must be trolling.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2019, 10:49:10 AM »
i love it when someone has to state-i have-fill-in-the-blank-on ignore. 
        like it's supposed to burn?  just do it and put the toilet seat down man, who cares. 

fwiw-i don't have anyone on the big IG-i'm tolerant to all opinions, viewpoints, lifestyles, races, creeds, ethnicities, hobbies, professions, free speech, free swim, free stuff, nose hairs, ear hair comb-overs, high brow, low brow, lowenbrau, no brow,  lashes-not caning or cocaining, snowboarders, surfboarders, message boarders, skate boarders, bobsledders, luges,  hockin loogies, breakin wind and #1 down wind, but what the hey-mean people suck

dude, my wife is bald right now just finishing chemo #6 of 12...i am obviously her biggest fan, best friend and husband of 35 years as of last week.  shaving my head was not going to make her feel any better.  even though i am naturally getting  close to being kinda challenged on top of the melon.  does shaving one's head in solidarity with another help the other OR is it a "feel good" move, directing attention to oneself?  i think the later and that is one of the reasons i was not a big fan of MY employee using her "cause" to create a potential distraction in OUR workplace

but just to be clear, i would have gladly provided her with a wig

and she could do whatever she wanted to do on her free time

but as many businesses have a few codes of conduct, uniform, and dress codes-i just did not want her "selfless" and "noble

statement" to distract from our focus on our patients

i did not want to hear her or any of us have to explain all day long, to every patient, why my assistant is bald. oh, you must be

such a thoughtful, caring and...blah blah blah... i did NOT prevent her from shaving her head

but as i stated above, i would have provided her with a wig just as i would have provided a

shirt for someone who wanted to go topless for their friends battle with whatever.   

you think i'm insensitive?  'splain this one for me

https://time.com/36892/girl-who-shaved-head-to-support-friend-with-cancer-banned-from-school-for-violating-dress-code/

personally, i don't give a fluck what people do on their time as long as they are nice people

thanks my man!! 
  i don't know who caine's employer is or what he does, but if one is fortunate enough to run a business for over 33 years(60 is i

count my the anniversary of when my dad started the practice) we sure in the h3ll didn't do it by allowing our employees to use

it as their own little social feel good aquarium.  we've had a number of employees work for us in excess of 30-50(yes they stayed

on and retired under me) years, all working toward the same goal-success of the practice.  so go they, go the business and it

sure would not have gone anywhere with me succumbing to all of their own little personal social"crusades".  i don't give a chit

what they do after they punch out as long as it is lawful and does not put the business in a bad light.  i do not think this is

extreme. 

i'm all ears on how you run your business caine-letting everyone make up their own rules because it makes them feel good?  or does your business have rules and GASP!! guidelines to follow?

so youre tolerant of all blah blah blah blah look at me im such a great guy i dont judge anyone blah blah blah...but when an employee of YOUR company (good god you must be fun to work for) says that she wants to stand with her friend battling cancer by shaving her head your response is...you dont want to stand with your friend you want to bring attention to yourself and that will cost us business?

very tolerant indeed.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2019, 10:55:05 AM »
My wife wanting me to help choose between 28 shades of off white to paint the dining room.
Mother in law coming to visit.
Slow drivers in the left lane.
Octogenarian foursomes who won't let you play through.
Meetings.
Waiting 5 months for medical procedures.
Obsessing.   Be it pets, Facebook, veganism, guns.  Tied to that, the inability to chill.
Poor customer service.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2019, 11:03:46 AM »
zero is a number. "o" is a letter.
if your phone number has a zero in it.......it is a zero....not an "oh".
that is all.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2019, 11:05:11 AM »
that is all.

Oh.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2019, 11:06:36 AM »
Eight six seven five three (zero) ni-ine....
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2019, 11:25:58 AM »
that is all.

I just realized when I tell people my phone number I say oh in 210 but the 2nd zero I say zero. Weird.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2019, 11:43:50 AM »
I love it when a bunch of people preach tolerance publicly and yet are the most intolerant people out there.
I am glad you agree with me then

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2019, 11:46:44 AM »
I love it when a bunch of people preach tolerance publicly and yet are the most intolerant people out there.

So, hypocrisy is worse than intolerance?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2019, 11:47:59 AM »
dude, my wife is bald right now just finishing chemo #6 of 12...i am obviously her biggest fan, best friend and husband of 35 years as of last week.  shaving my head was not going to make her feel any better.  even though i am naturally getting  close to being kinda challenged on top of the melon.  does shaving one's head in solidarity with another help the other OR is it a "feel good" move, directing attention to oneself?  i think the later and that is one of the reasons i was not a big fan of MY employee using her "cause" to create a potential distraction in OUR workplace

but just to be clear, i would have gladly provided her with a wig

and she could do whatever she wanted to do on her free time

but as many businesses have a few codes of conduct, uniform, and dress codes-i just did not want her "selfless" and "noble

statement" to distract from our focus on our patients

i did not want to hear her or any of us have to explain all day long, to every patient, why my assistant is bald. oh, you must be

such a thoughtful, caring and...blah blah blah... i did NOT prevent her from shaving her head

but as i stated above, i would have provided her with a wig just as i would have provided a

shirt for someone who wanted to go topless for their friends battle with whatever.   

you think i'm insensitive?  'splain this one for me

https://time.com/36892/girl-who-shaved-head-to-support-friend-with-cancer-banned-from-school-for-violating-dress-code/

personally, i don't give a fluck what people do on their time as long as they are nice people

A ton of warm thoughts and strong prayers to your wife and family!!!
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2019, 11:49:33 AM »
Admittedly, I am intolerant of things, many are not now days. the problem is, if I state them publicly, I'm looked down upon by society, because apparently, THEIR viewpoints/opinions/thoughts are the only one's that matter. That's another grievance of mine, we should be able to say what we feel/think now days without being ridiculed/ostracized for thinking that way. Ain't the same world i grew up in, that's for sure.

Seems like pretty much everyone is offended by something now days...It's part of the "snowflake" society we have built. Don't like someone saying something about you?? Grow a pair.

IMO, I wouldn't care that you're intolerant of something. It's a question of what you're intolerant of.

You hate yellow cars? Fine

You hate a race or sexual orientation? Different story.

I 100% agree that the world we live in now is different than 20, 30, 40+ years ago. And that's okay. Societies/cultures change over time. Always have, always will. Sometimes for better, sometimes for worse.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2019, 11:53:33 AM »

Well-wishers for your wife and family, rocket.

I, personally, have seen dramatic changes in the attitude and personality of those afflicted when others support them in physical ways in addition to emotional, spiritual, mental.

So, IMO, no, it isn't always a self-centered move.

Plus, seems strange that you'd hire/employ someone with that personality type.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2019, 12:13:45 PM »
Hey ... thread is still open.

Furthermore, the first beer I had after the round called itself a hazy IPA but it was much more bitter than most hazies I've had. I have a grievance with the brewmaster for not using Mosaic hops.

I feel so much better having aired those grievances. Thanks, Jake, for starting this thread.

I’m with you on hazies. There’s recently been a big push to go away from a Mosaic, Citra and Amarillo hops to make a more dank hazy or bitter. More adding of terpenes too. Some IPA purists consider the juice bomb hazies as a beer for entry level IPA drinkers. On the flip side, some brewers try too hard and make undrinkable hazies; overdoing it with Citras, adding fruit concentrate that doesn’t mesh with the hops mixture. They’ve become too inconsistent.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2019, 12:29:49 PM »
Except, apparently for receptionists who wish to shave their heads in support of a friend with cancer.

I have no idea what this is about but here is what I respect: a family which starts a business, assumes risk, pays their employees first (and sweats out making payroll at times,) contributes to the local, state, and federal treasure, enables people to buy cars, homes, and food and clothing for their families.

This endeavor generates wealth and value for the community by providing goods or services which benefit people in some way.

If an employer define up front that staff are to meet established requirements then so be it. As an Air Force member I was required to conform to clothing, grooming, and lifestyle requirements as a condition of that employment. I knew going in what the standard was and I complied.

I love when rebels - people who assume no risk and yet make demands of people who have the balls to forge their own way and, in so doing, provide the employee with a livelihood. 

If I own a kosher or halal kitchen and a customer asks me to make them shrimp scampi or pork carnitas I will politely decline the request. If they sue me I would expect the court to exercise judgment and dismiss the suit.

If an employee brings ham sandwiches into my kosher or halal kitchen I will take remedial steps and would not expect any legal issues. Unfortunately, that is not a guarantee these days.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2019, 12:32:19 PM »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2019, 12:33:24 PM »
Eight six seven five three (zero) ni-ine....

Well done!!!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2019, 12:34:16 PM »
So, hypocrisy is worse than intolerance?

Define intolerance and tolerance, then I will answer

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2019, 12:38:35 PM »
that is all.

The age old argument as to whether zero is a real or natural number.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2019, 12:43:37 PM »
The age old argument as to whether zero is a real or natural number.

Black and white are not colors

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2019, 12:50:13 PM »
I’m with you on hazies. There’s recently been a big push to go away from a Mosaic, Citra and Amarillo hops to make a more dank hazy or bitter. More adding of terpenes too. Some IPA purists consider the juice bomb hazies as a beer for entry level IPA drinkers. On the flip side, some brewers try too hard and make undrinkable hazies; overdoing it with Citras, adding fruit concentrate that doesn’t mesh with the hops mixture. They’ve become too inconsistent.

You and I dwell in the epicenter of great craft beers.

I have tremendous respect for the Portland/Hood River/Bend/Ashland brewers; any trip to any of those locales demands a visit to some of the local ale houses.

My faves in OR are Deschutes, Rogue, and Breakstone. Having lived in UK I developed a taste for the brown ales and all three of these make incredible versions of the Brit staple.

Best Seattle include Diamond Knot, Stoup, Freemont, Triplehorn, Elysian, Standard, and Mac and Jack's.

https://www.savoredjourneys.com/seattle-vs-portland-beer/

Either way one can't go wrong.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2019, 12:52:26 PM »
Black and white are not colors

Nor are they races

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2019, 12:55:57 PM »
New Coke...... need I say more?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2019, 12:56:02 PM »
My grievance is that IPAs have grown to dominate the craft beer scene.  I don't care for bitter flavors and do not understand the  quest to make beer as bitter as possible.

I can only think of two IPAs that I could tolerate but I wouldn't buy them on my own. 

I would much rather have beer featuring the malt or yeast, not the hops.  But I have to search through a sea of IPAs to find them.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2019, 12:59:36 PM »
Define intolerance and tolerance, then I will answer

You don't know what "intolerance" means, but you made a statement earlier based around that word

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2019, 01:00:33 PM »
Nor are they races
Yet, somehow Mexican has become one.

feedback