[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Airing of Grievences Thread  (Read 60927 times)

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
Re: Airing of Grievences Thread
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2019, 05:24:20 PM »
Stopped in between having a life.........No changes

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2019, 07:25:11 PM »
Canada sucks

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2019, 07:54:42 PM »
Maybe you’re right.

I only have the brain surgeon on ignore - maybe I need to increase the list.

we need a "thumbs up" emoji
don't...don't don't don't don't

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2019, 08:10:10 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2019, 11:06:48 PM »
Hey ... thread is still open.

OK, I'll air a couple of grievances ...

The 4th hole at the course I played today was stoopid. And I'm not saying that just because I got a snowman on it. Actually, I probably am saying it because of that. Never mind.

I finished my round with my best drive of the day -- 275 yards and as close to dead center as is humanly possible. Me being me, I screwed up from there and had to settle for bogey. So I also have a grievance with my own golfing ability (or lack thereof).

Furthermore, the first beer I had after the round called itself a hazy IPA but it was much more bitter than most hazies I've had. I have a grievance with the brewmaster for not using Mosaic hops.

Finally, I have a grievance with Ron Rivera for playing Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly in a stoopid exhibition game. Both got hurt -- hopefully not seriously, given that they are the two irreplaceable Panthers.

I feel so much better having aired those grievances. Thanks, Jake, for starting this thread.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2019, 09:45:50 AM »
What value does one obtain by typing the phrase "in before the lock?"  Does it bestow social media credits? 
Ludum habemus.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2019, 10:04:50 AM »
What value does one obtain by typing the phrase "in before the lock?"  Does it bestow social media credits?

None, really.  It's just a more polite way of saying, "Holy crap...this thread is going to be a dumpster fire."
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2019, 02:13:03 PM »

You can trade five "in before the locks" for an Arby's coupon, so there's that, which is nice.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2019, 04:54:40 PM »

What value does one obtain by posting anything here?

Class71

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2019, 08:39:49 PM »

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8-) ?-( ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2019, 09:37:31 PM »

intestinal fortitude-it'll either stop ya up or loosen things up depending on...your intestinal fortitude

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2019, 10:26:27 PM »
intestinal fortitude-it'll either stop ya up or loosen things up depending on...your intestinal fortitude

Same thing with Arby's, tbf.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2019, 03:34:44 AM »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2019, 08:19:32 AM »
i love it when someone has to state-i have-fill-in-the-blank-on ignore. 
        like it's supposed to burn?  just do it and put the toilet seat down man, who cares. 

fwiw-i don't have anyone on the big IG-i'm tolerant to all opinions, viewpoints, lifestyles, races, creeds, ethnicities, hobbies, professions, free speech, free swim, free stuff, nose hairs, ear hair comb-overs, high brow, low brow, lowenbrau, no brow,  lashes-not caning or cocaining, snowboarders, surfboarders, message boarders, skate boarders, bobsledders, luges,  hockin loogies, breakin wind and #1 down wind, but what the hey-mean people suck

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2019, 08:25:35 AM »

fwiw-i don't have anyone on the big IG-i'm tolerant to all opinions, viewpoints, lifestyles, races, creeds, ethnicities, hobbies, professions, free speech, free swim, free stuff, nose hairs, ear hair comb-overs, high brow, low brow, lowenbrau, no brow,  lashes-not caning or cocaining, snowboarders, surfboarders, message boarders, skate boarders, bobsledders, luges,  hockin loogies, breakin wind and #1 down wind, but what the hey-mean people suck

Except, apparently for receptionists who wish to shave their heads in support of a friend with cancer.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2019, 08:32:54 AM »
i love it when someone has to state-i have-fill-in-the-blank-on ignore. 
        like it's supposed to burn?  just do it and put the toilet seat down man, who cares. 

I love it when someone loudly proclaims they are tolerant to fill-in-the-blank.  And I totally believe them.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2019, 08:59:03 AM »
Except, apparently for receptionists who wish to shave their heads in support of a friend with cancer.

dude, my wife is bald right now just finishing chemo #6 of 12...i am obviously her biggest fan, best friend and husband of 35 years as of last week.  shaving my head was not going to make her feel any better.  even though i am naturally getting  close to being kinda challenged on top of the melon.  does shaving one's head in solidarity with another help the other OR is it a "feel good" move, directing attention to oneself?  i think the later and that is one of the reasons i was not a big fan of MY employee using her "cause" to create a potential distraction in OUR workplace

but just to be clear, i would have gladly provided her with a wig

and she could do whatever she wanted to do on her free time

but as many businesses have a few codes of conduct, uniform, and dress codes-i just did not want her "selfless" and "noble

statement" to distract from our focus on our patients

i did not want to hear her or any of us have to explain all day long, to every patient, why my assistant is bald. oh, you must be

such a thoughtful, caring and...blah blah blah... i did NOT prevent her from shaving her head

but as i stated above, i would have provided her with a wig just as i would have provided a

shirt for someone who wanted to go topless for their friends battle with whatever.   

you think i'm insensitive?  'splain this one for me

https://time.com/36892/girl-who-shaved-head-to-support-friend-with-cancer-banned-from-school-for-violating-dress-code/

personally, i don't give a fluck what people do on their time as long as they are nice people

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2019, 09:22:30 AM »
dude, my wife is bald right now just finishing chemo #6 of 12...i am obviously her biggest fan, best friend and husband of 35 years as of last week.  shaving my head was not going to make her feel any better.  even though i am naturally getting  close to being kinda challenged on top of the melon.  does shaving one's head in solidarity with another help the other OR is it a "feel good" move, directing attention to oneself?  i think the later and that is one of the reasons i was not a big fan of MY employee using her "cause" to create a potential distraction in OUR workplace

but as many businesses have a few codes of conduct, uniform, and dress codes-i just did not want her "selfless" and "noble

i did not want to hear her or any of us have to explain all day long, to every patient, why my assistant is bald. oh, you must be

such a thoughtful, caring and...blah blah blah... i did NOT prevent her from shaving her head

but as i stated above, i would have provided her with a wig just as i would have provided a

shirt for someone who wanted to go topless for their friends battle with whatever.   

https://time.com/36892/girl-who-shaved-head-to-support-friend-with-cancer-banned-from-school-for-violating-dress-code/

personally, i don't give a fluck what people do on their time as long as they are nice people

+ tax

Goose

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2019, 09:53:06 AM »
Unleash

Why the need to throw jabs off rockets post?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2019, 09:54:12 AM »
+ tax

thanks my man!! 
  i don't know who caine's employer is or what he does, but if one is fortunate enough to run a business for over 33 years(60 is i

count my the anniversary of when my dad started the practice) we sure in the h3ll didn't do it by allowing our employees to use

it as their own little social feel good aquarium.  we've had a number of employees work for us in excess of 30-50(yes they stayed

on and retired under me) years, all working toward the same goal-success of the practice.  so go they, go the business and it

sure would not have gone anywhere with me succumbing to all of their own little personal social"crusades".  i don't give a chit

what they do after they punch out as long as it is lawful and does not put the business in a bad light.  i do not think this is

extreme. 

i'm all ears on how you run your business caine-letting everyone make up their own rules because it makes them feel good?  or does your business have rules and GASP!! guidelines to follow?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2019, 09:59:00 AM »
My list of grievances would be incredibly lengthy and would draw a lot of scrutiny and scorn. And thus, I will save my fellow scoopers the hassle. I guess what I'm saying is, my grievances that I really feel strongly about, are not the views most people share now days, and I have no place to share those grievances, that's my grievance.  ;D
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2019, 10:02:32 AM »
I love it when someone loudly proclaims they are tolerant to fill-in-the-blank.  And I totally believe them.

I love it when a bunch of people preach tolerance publicly and yet are the most intolerant people out there.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2019, 10:07:59 AM »
I love it when a bunch of people preach tolerance publicly and yet are the most intolerant people out there.

Admittedly, I am intolerant of things, many are not now days. the problem is, if I state them publicly, I'm looked down upon by society, because apparently, THEIR viewpoints/opinions/thoughts are the only one's that matter. That's another grievance of mine, we should be able to say what we feel/think now days without being ridiculed/ostracized for thinking that way. Ain't the same world i grew up in, that's for sure.

Seems like pretty much everyone is offended by something now days...It's part of the "snowflake" society we have built. Don't like someone saying something about you?? Grow a pair.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 10:09:58 AM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2019, 10:15:44 AM »

Oh, i know the type you are referencing. Some of the most classless, self-centered and vocal mofos around.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2019, 10:44:48 AM »

Just to be clear, if you forced an employee to wear a wig, or fired them you wouldn't have a practice anymore.

feedback