'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Airing of Grievences Thread  (Read 60959 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Airing of Grievences Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2019, 02:17:35 PM »
My grievance is that IPAs have grown to dominate the craft beer scene.  I don't care for bitter flavors and do not understand the  quest to make beer as bitter as possible.

I can only think of two IPAs that I could tolerate but I wouldn't buy them on my own. 

I would much rather have beer featuring the malt or yeast, not the hops.  But I have to search through a sea of IPAs to find them.

Probably belongs in the beer thread, but ...

When I started drinking craft beers a few years ago, I couldn't handle IPAs at all. One sip and bleccch. But as time went on, my horizons broadened and now, except for the super-hoppy ones, I rather like IPAs.

I especially like them when they're brewed with Mosaic hops. I can't believe I even say stuff like that now, because I used to make fun of "beer snobs" who discussed various ingredients. But I know what I like, and if it has Mosaic, I almost always end up liking it. Even moreso if it's a hazy IPA with Mosaic hops.

Mmmm ... now I have to drink one tonight!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2019, 03:08:33 PM »
Major grievance/irritation of mine..why in the hell did Tombstone pizza, change something that was so perfect, to this new "full on flavor" thing they have going on now?? So irritating when companies think they need to "improve" on perfection. Leave well enough alone. For someone who is a frozen pizza connoisseur, the fact that they changed what was perfect to something that totally changes the way it tastes and makes me change to a different brand, irritates the crap out of me. 
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2019, 03:17:11 PM »
Major grievance/irritation of mine..why in the hell did Tombstone pizza, change something that was so perfect, to this new "full on flavor" thing they have going on now?? So irritating when companies think they need to "improve" on perfection. Leave well enough alone. For someone who is a frozen pizza connoisseur, the fact that they changed what was perfect to something that totally changes the way it tastes and makes me change to a different brand, irritates the crap out of me.

Saying you eat Tombstone pizzas and consider yourself a "frozen pizza connoisseur" is an oxymoron.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2019, 03:37:14 PM »
Saying you eat Tombstone pizzas and consider yourself a "frozen pizza connoisseur" is an oxymoron.
Disagree. I'm a Tombstone fan. I rarely eat frozen pizza, but when I do.... I eat Tombstone.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2019, 03:43:55 PM »
DiGiorno Rising Crust.

My friends.

StateStreetMission

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2019, 04:19:43 PM »

The only thing they were interested in achieving was a better margin.
New and Improved is code for cost reduction. 

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2019, 04:20:24 PM »

Tombstone was sold to Kraft, which changed the recipe.  Kraft later sold their frozen pizza division to Nestle.

The founder of Tombstone started a new line of frozen pizza after the noncompete clause expired.  Pep's Pizza, now owned by Hansen Foods, is based on the original Tombstone recipe.

http://pepsdrafthaus.com/find-a-store/

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2019, 04:29:38 PM »
Just bought but haven’t tried Outsiders Pizza’s Detroit Style Genoa Salami (nh) & Wisconsin Brick Cheese. Might get devoured tonight. VERY curious.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2019, 04:30:38 PM »
I went to the Badlands with a couple friends 2 or 3 years ago and at the end of our first day there we went to the park's information center or whatever and asked one of the park rangers if he had any recommendations for good food around.  He told us that we could go across the street to the cafeteria for some food he would rate a 3 out of 10 or we could drive about 5 miles into the town in the park and there was a bar that had pizza that he would rate at a 9 out of 10.  So of course we chose to go get some pizza at this bar.  We sit down and order and out comes...DiGiorno Rising Crust.  Not that it's bad, but a 9 out of 10 in overall food?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2019, 04:31:25 PM »
Just bought but haven’t tried Outsiders Pizza’s Detroit Style Genoa Salami (nh) & Wisconsin Brick Cheese. Might get devoured tonight. VERY curious.

Detroit style pizza is very underrated.

Interested to hear how brick cheese is on pizza.  Might be the best cheese to just eat plain.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2019, 04:54:42 PM »
My grievance is that IPAs have grown to dominate the craft beer scene.  I don't care for bitter flavors and do not understand the  quest to make beer as bitter as possible.

I can only think of two IPAs that I could tolerate but I wouldn't buy them on my own. 

I would much rather have beer featuring the malt or yeast, not the hops.  But I have to search through a sea of IPAs to find them.

I may hit an IPA mid session as a palate cleanser. Personally, I am not that much of a fan.

The whole thing started in the PNW which is where the world's best hops are grown. Brewers in Portland and Seattle dumped bushels of hops in the vat. In my opinion they have gone overboard.

The ambers, reds, and browns are far more complex and finish so much more elegantly.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2019, 04:56:18 PM »
Tombstone was sold to Kraft, which changed the recipe.  Kraft later sold their frozen pizza division to Nestle.

The founder of Tombstone started a new line of frozen pizza after the noncompete clause expired.  Pep's Pizza, now owned by Hansen Foods, is based on the original Tombstone recipe.

http://pepsdrafthaus.com/find-a-store/

Well, hell, I did not know this! Thank you sir, I think I just found my new Pizza brand!
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2019, 05:01:51 PM »
I love it when a bunch of people preach tolerance publicly and yet are the most intolerant people out there.

Aka the Mope Summit.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2019, 05:26:13 PM »

It’s incredible. If I’m getting delivery, tough to beat Jet’s
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2019, 05:35:04 PM »

So is St. Louis style, surprisingly.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2019, 05:36:41 PM »
So is St. Louis style, surprisingly.

Ew
Maigh Eo for Sam

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2019, 05:42:27 PM »
There are many IPA’s in the PNW that are not overly biter.  Try Seapine

I may hit an IPA mid session as a palate cleanser. Personally, I am not that much of a fan.

The whole thing started in the PNW which is where the world's best hops are grown. Brewers in Portland and Seattle dumped bushels of hops in the vat. In my opinion they have gone overboard.

The ambers, reds, and browns are far more complex and finish so much more elegantly.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2019, 05:45:54 PM »
The only thing they were interested in achieving was a better margin.
New and Improved is code for cost reduction.

This. Companies change a product solely to make more money than what it would cost to make the same product the same way

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2019, 05:47:11 PM »
Ew
I get it. It's unique but I like it. Chicago is still the best to me, but St. Louis ain't bad and the T-Ravs are awesome.

Anything is better that the doughy, bland national chain stuff.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2019, 06:06:34 PM »
St louis "pizza" tastes like ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2019, 06:20:36 PM »
There are many IPA’s in the PNW that are not overly biter.  Try Seapine

Had perhaps the best beer I've ever had on my trip to the PNW last month: Silver Moon's Hazibliss.

A hazy IPA made with Mosaic hops (and others) and infused with CBD. Smooth, delicious and a little dangerous.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2019, 06:21:40 PM »
Disagree. I'm a Tombstone fan. I rarely eat frozen pizza, but when I do.... I eat Tombstone.

Home Run, Screaming Sicilian, so many better options than Tombstone.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2019, 06:25:48 PM »
Yet, somehow Mexican has become one.

Only to people who don't know better.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2019, 06:31:07 PM »
Home Run, Screaming Sicilian, so many better options than Tombstone.

Home Run is great. Was at a friend’s in Chicago a few years ago and he had some other friends over I’d never met. He asked for if I’d ever had Home Run Inn frozen pizza before and what my thoughts were. When I said I was a fan one of the girls there handed over a few coupons for free pizzas. Family business of hers.

Lotza Mozza is very good but also expensive for a frozen pizza.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2019, 06:38:48 PM »
Had perhaps the best beer I've ever had on my trip to the PNW last month: Silver Moon's Hazibliss.

A hazy IPA made with Mosaic hops (and others) and infused with CBD. Smooth, delicious and a little dangerous.

CBD has not psychotropic properties. It’s a relaxant. Great for sleeping and pain management too.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

feedback