Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Old stuff  (Read 21279 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Old stuff
« on: August 18, 2019, 08:15:42 PM »
Was dry walling the attic area today and moving a bunch of old boxes around.  Found the original BBall court designs when the Bradley Center let us have our own court.  Tons of old Cyganiak trading cards, programs with TSMith Anglavar and others on the cover, the responses from season ticket holders on the annual marketing survey about schedule, pricing, the conference, etc. 

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Old stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 08:17:52 PM »
Was dry walling the attic area today and moving a bunch of old boxes around.  Found the original BBall court designs when the Bradley Center let us have our own court.  Tons of old Cyganiak trading cards, programs with TSMith Anglavar and others on the cover, the responses from season ticket holders on the annual marketing survey about schedule, pricing, the conference, etc.

University Archives might be interested in some of that stuff.
Have some patience, FFS.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 08:27:25 PM »

So, you took personal and confidential information home from work?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 08:45:03 PM »

I'm assuming it was aggregated into something useful instead of the individual responses.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 08:52:00 PM »
I'm assuming it was aggregated into something useful instead of the individual responses.

He said "responses" not "results".  Lock 'em up!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 09:10:30 PM »
University Archives might be interested in some of that stuff.

Good idea.  Can you PM me a contact?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 09:12:41 PM »

Aggregated results, nothing personal.  Whenever we did research then or now, I never look at individual responses that are knowable to who the person is.  If there are open ended questions, that data response does appear and usually the agency will try to lump it with like minded responses to determine a trend.  Rest assured good doctor, no personal info, these are aggregated results.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 09:19:00 PM »
Good idea.  Can you PM me a contact?
You don’t have a current contact?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 10:13:17 PM »
I was doing some cleaning  recently and found an old Lui Magazine that they gave out in the first class section on Air France back in the day. Had a great early days pictorial of the British Pop star Samanatha Fox .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2019, 10:34:42 PM »
I was doing some cleaning  recently and found an old Lui Magazine that they gave out in the first class section on Air France back in the day. Had a great early days pictorial of the British Pop star Samanatha Fox .

Was that while flying on the Concorde?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2019, 11:03:20 PM »
Was that while flying on the Concorde?
No it was a 747 from Tokyo to Paris. Back when they had the night clubs in that upper deck. The old days of Coffee, Tea or Me?
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2019, 11:57:17 PM »

In the university archives.......no.   

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2019, 12:00:07 AM »

Just looked up that magazine, now I have to clear my history... LOL

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2019, 01:13:10 AM »
No it was a 747 from Tokyo to Paris. Back when they had the night clubs in that upper deck. The old days of Coffee, Tea or Me?

I remember in my F 16 days we flew airways to and from Asia. All the traffic in both directions were Seven Fours which, until the 400, needed to refuel in Anchorage (while we tanked in-flight.)

The commercial traffic was below 38k' while we were above Angels 44 and moving faster than the heavies. As a courtesy we checked in with comm air guys on Guard as we passed overhead and everyone acknowledged except for the Air France guys.   

We were in a four ship and broadcasting in the clear about what a turd the Air France guys were. This was shortly after France denied overflight rights to the F 111 guys out of RAF Lakenheath who flew the Libya strikes back in 86. One of the Lakenheath crews caught an SA-6 over Tripoli and the Libyans dragged their naked bodies through the streets. The AAR concluded that the extra 4 hours flight time prevented a supersonic dash once feet dry which would have prevented the SAM strike. 

As we were ragging on the French the American flag carrier crews joined in, telling French jokes with a vengeance. Soon, so did the Brits flying for CX, TG, and SG. Some of the finest anti-French humor danced on Tower Common and UHF Guard for all the world to enjoy.

Unfortunately, 5th Air Force copied all of our transmissions so when we landed at Misawa we had to answer a nasty gram from Yokota AB about our joke telling. Fortunately, the duty dude at 5th AF and the Wing King at Misawa both found tremendous humor in our jokes so we skated without a scratch.

Since then I have never ever flown on Air France. F#ck those guys.

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2019, 06:57:41 AM »
(Sigh!)
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2019, 09:17:17 AM »
In the university archives.......no.

https://www.marquette.edu/library/archives/askarch.php

Just give them a call. They are very helpful as I gave them copies of my photos of the  tip off parade celebrating the 50th anniversary of MU basketball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2019, 09:37:35 AM »

Literally LOLed.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2019, 09:40:41 AM »
Literally LOLed.
Yep. Passive aggressive way to say Look at Me, I have all of this cool stuff. Ignore button engaged

Slim

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2019, 10:29:35 AM »
I remember in my F 16 days we flew airways to and from Asia. All the traffic in both directions were Seven Fours which, until the 400, needed to refuel in Anchorage (while we tanked in-flight.)

The commercial traffic was below 38k' while we were above Angels 44 and moving faster than the heavies. As a courtesy we checked in with comm air guys on Guard as we passed overhead and everyone acknowledged except for the Air France guys.   

We were in a four ship and broadcasting in the clear about what a turd the Air France guys were. This was shortly after France denied overflight rights to the F 111 guys out of RAF Lakenheath who flew the Libya strikes back in 86. One of the Lakenheath crews caught an SA-6 over Tripoli and the Libyans dragged their naked bodies through the streets. The AAR concluded that the extra 4 hours flight time prevented a supersonic dash once feet dry which would have prevented the SAM strike. 

As we were ragging on the French the American flag carrier crews joined in, telling French jokes with a vengeance. Soon, so did the Brits flying for CX, TG, and SG. Some of the finest anti-French humor danced on Tower Common and UHF Guard for all the world to enjoy.

Unfortunately, 5th Air Force copied all of our transmissions so when we landed at Misawa we had to answer a nasty gram from Yokota AB about our joke telling. Fortunately, the duty dude at 5th AF and the Wing King at Misawa both found tremendous humor in our jokes so we skated without a scratch.

Since then I have never ever flown on Air France. F#ck those guys.

That was a good story and I did understand it despite 21 references I did not understand. Military guys have their own language and assume the rest of us get it.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2019, 11:03:20 AM »
No....they know we don’t get it....that is why they use it. Make no mistake about it.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2019, 11:11:39 AM »
Can we see some pictures?  I'd like to see those court designs.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2019, 11:20:50 AM »
Make some prints of the court designs. I'd love to frame one.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2019, 11:34:13 AM »
That was a good story and I did understand it despite 21 references I did not understand. Military guys have their own language and assume the rest of us get it.

I remember in my F 16 (the finest supersonic tactical fighter to ever slip the surly bonds) days we flew airways (the aerial highways established by ICAO to manage the movement of commercial aircraft) to and from Asia. All the traffic in both directions were Seven Fours (747s) which, until the 400 (the 4th major modification of the 747 which featured extended range), needed to refuel in Anchorage (while we tanked (aerial refueling) in-flight.)

The commercial traffic was below 38k' (38,000 ft altitude) while we were above Angels 44 (44,000 ft altitude)  and moving faster than the heavies (larger, heavier aircraft compared to tactical fighter aircraft) . As a courtesy we checked in with comm air (commercial aviation aircraft) guys on Guard (VHF frequency used for international air distress) as we passed overhead and everyone acknowledged except for the Air France guys (Frogs).   

We were in a four ship (four aircraft flying together in formation) and broadcasting in the clear (communicating on an open, non-encrypted radio frequency) about what a turd (fecal matter) the Air France guys (Frogs) were. This was shortly after France denied overflight rights (the legal permission to pass through a nation's soverign airspace) right to the F 111 (a really cool tactical attack aircraft that scared the sh1t out of the bad guys) guys out of RAF Lakenheath (a Royal Air Force base shared by the US Air Force located NNE of London)  who flew the Libya strikes (offensive retaliatory air attacks ordered by Pres Reagan conducted by the USAF after intel proved that Qaddafi was behind the terrorist bombing of a disco in Berlin frequented by US Army personnel)  back in 86. One of the Lakenheath crews caught an SA-6 (Soviet Surface to Air Missile system) over Tripoli and the Libyans dragged their naked bodies through the streets. The AAR (After Action Report) concluded that the extra 4 hours flight time prevented a supersonic dash (limited duration flight segment at speeds in excess of Mach 1) once feet dry (ingressing a coastal land mass from the sea) which would have prevented the SAM (Surface to Air Missile) strike. 

As we were ragging (bitching) on the French (Frogs) the American (the greatest nation ever) flag carrier crews joined in, telling French (Frogs) jokes with a vengeance. Soon, so did the Brits (if you can't be American you would want to be this)  flying for CX, TG, and SG (Cathay Pacific, Thai Airlines, Singapore Airlines). Some of the finest anti-French (Frogs) humor danced on Tower Common (VHF Radio frequency used to facilitate air-air communications)  and UHF Guard (UHF frequency used for international air distress)for all the world to enjoy.

Unfortunately, 5th Air Force (USAF Major Command for East Asia) copied all of our transmissions so when we landed at Misawa (Tip of the Spear during the Cold War) we had to answer a nasty gram (Message from higher command authority which usually results in junior officers getting anally penetrated) from Yokota AB (JASDF/USAF base in Tachikawa, Japan) about our joke telling. Fortunately, the duty dude at 5th AF and the Wing King (God-like creature with the rank of Colonel who holds your fate in his hands over all matters great and small)  at Misawa both found tremendous humor in our jokes so we skated (unpunished) without a scratch.

Since then I have never ever flown on Air France (Frogs). F#ck (fornicate) those guys.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 11:35:52 AM by Jon »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2019, 12:30:01 PM »
Can we see some pictures?  I'd like to see those court designs.

I designed the first court we used, very vanilla but took direction from the bosses..this is way before the crazy courts of the last 10 years. 

Being passive aggressive and all, I will probably just send to the archives....wouldn’t want to harm anyone’s sensibilities here.

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2019, 12:46:28 PM »
I remember in my F 16 (the finest supersonic tactical fighter to ever slip the surly bonds) days we flew airways (the aerial highways established by ICAO to manage the movement of commercial aircraft) to and from Asia. All the traffic in both directions were Seven Fours (747s) which, until the 400 (the 4th major modification of the 747 which featured extended range), needed to refuel in Anchorage (while we tanked (aerial refueling) in-flight.)

The commercial traffic was below 38k' (38,000 ft altitude) while we were above Angels 44 (44,000 ft altitude)  and moving faster than the heavies (larger, heavier aircraft compared to tactical fighter aircraft) . As a courtesy we checked in with comm air (commercial aviation aircraft) guys on Guard (VHF frequency used for international air distress) as we passed overhead and everyone acknowledged except for the Air France guys (Frogs).   

We were in a four ship (four aircraft flying together in formation) and broadcasting in the clear (communicating on an open, non-encrypted radio frequency) about what a turd (fecal matter) the Air France guys (Frogs) were. This was shortly after France denied overflight rights (the legal permission to pass through a nation's soverign airspace) right to the F 111 (a really cool tactical attack aircraft that scared the sh1t out of the bad guys) guys out of RAF Lakenheath (a Royal Air Force base shared by the US Air Force located NNE of London)  who flew the Libya strikes (offensive retaliatory air attacks ordered by Pres Reagan conducted by the USAF after intel proved that Qaddafi was behind the terrorist bombing of a disco in Berlin frequented by US Army personnel)  back in 86. One of the Lakenheath crews caught an SA-6 (Soviet Surface to Air Missile system) over Tripoli and the Libyans dragged their naked bodies through the streets. The AAR (After Action Report) concluded that the extra 4 hours flight time prevented a supersonic dash (limited duration flight segment at speeds in excess of Mach 1) once feet dry (ingressing a coastal land mass from the sea) which would have prevented the SAM (Surface to Air Missile) strike. 

As we were ragging (bitching) on the French (Frogs) the American (the greatest nation ever) flag carrier crews joined in, telling French (Frogs) jokes with a vengeance. Soon, so did the Brits (if you can't be American you would want to be this)  flying for CX, TG, and SG (Cathay Pacific, Thai Airlines, Singapore Airlines). Some of the finest anti-French (Frogs) humor danced on Tower Common (VHF Radio frequency used to facilitate air-air communications)  and UHF Guard (UHF frequency used for international air distress)for all the world to enjoy.

Unfortunately, 5th Air Force (USAF Major Command for East Asia) copied all of our transmissions so when we landed at Misawa (Tip of the Spear during the Cold War) we had to answer a nasty gram (Message from higher command authority which usually results in junior officers getting anally penetrated) from Yokota AB (JASDF/USAF base in Tachikawa, Japan) about our joke telling. Fortunately, the duty dude at 5th AF and the Wing King (God-like creature with the rank of Colonel who holds your fate in his hands over all matters great and small)  at Misawa both found tremendous humor in our jokes so we skated (unpunished) without a scratch.

Since then I have never ever flown on Air France (Frogs). F#ck (fornicate) those guys.

Hysterical!