[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Athletic: Joey Hauser Talks About Leaving Marquette  (Read 38697 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: Athletic: Joey Hauser Talks About Leaving Marquette
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2019, 09:29:57 AM »
I wonder if Joey’s strong pull to MSU was part of the reason MU got him on campus a semester early.  Burning his redshirt may have been a preemptive way of making Joey think twice about transferring if he had a change of heart.

I really doubt they had sinister motivations for getting Joey to campus early.

This is, of course, the most logical explanation given what we now know. The idea that Joey was driving the bus or that he needed to be in Milwaukee to rehab his ankle makes little sense. I'm sure the MU coaching staff felt that once they had Joey on campus he would love it - but the fact that it would make a future transfer for a kid with doubts more difficult was certainly a bonus.

I think rehabbing his ankle with the local sports medicine doctors makes a lot of sense from the coaching staff's perspective.  I also think that getting him to campus allowed him to get a head start on his academic career, understanding the time demands of balancing basketball and academics, but also allowed him a more personal view of how the program works and what role he could play.  He received more intensive strength and conditioning work when he came to campus as well.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2019, 09:38:39 AM »
This is, of course, the most logical explanation given what we now know. The idea that Joey was driving the bus or that he needed to be in Milwaukee to rehab his ankle makes little sense. I'm sure the MU coaching staff felt that once they had Joey on campus he would love it - but the fact that it would make a future transfer for a kid with doubts more difficult was certainly a bonus.

If Joey signed before the injury as was posted yesterday that doesn't make sense to me that the redshirt was a tool to keep him from MSU.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2019, 09:40:24 AM »
I really doubt they had sinister motivations for getting Joey to campus early.

Right.
Again, by the time all this went down, Joey had committed to and signed a LOI with Marquette. There was virtually no risk of him abruptly changing his mind and transferring to MSU at this point. The whole "coaching staff nefariously coerced Joey to come early" narrative is nonsense, unsurprisingly pushed by the same people with the same agenda.

MU80

• Walk-On
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2019, 09:55:19 AM »
I’m not sure Joey saw 4 yrs in the plan so burning the redshirt never really was thought about. I think this NBA talk is a bit premature. I look at E Happ (i’m Not a big fan) AA and goes undrafted. He might make it, he might be just D league material or go overseas. He had a great inside game and very poor outside shooting and FT where even worse. I don’t think anyone sees Joey as an AA. At least not yet.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2019, 10:05:27 AM »
I’m not sure Joey saw 4 yrs in the plan so burning the redshirt never really was thought about. I think this NBA talk is a bit premature. I look at E Happ (i’m Not a big fan) AA and goes undrafted. He might make it, he might be just D league material or go overseas. He had a great inside game and very poor outside shooting and FT where even worse. I don’t think anyone sees Joey as an AA. At least not yet.

Happ and Joey are extremely different players. One had a 3-foot shooting range. The other's best offensive weapon is the 3-pointer.

I also am not convinced Joey is NBA bound, but he and Happ are not the least bit comparable IMHO.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2019, 10:30:18 AM »
Let's see here.  We have either:

A) MU wanted to bring in a kid who had a brother who already had 2 years starting in the program under his belt and already signed his NLI a semester early so that they could guarantee he doesn't rethink his decision and ask out of his NLI to go to MSU and/or to make a decision to transfer out of Marquette harder given he doesn't have a redshirt year to burn anymore or...

B) MU saw that their star recruit was no longer going to play high school basketball given his year ending ankle injury which had been a problem for him over the last year and a half going back to his junior year football season and thought maybe they could get ahead of it and get that ankle fixed up immediately rather than realize it was still an issue when he got onto campus and then would have to miss part of this freshman year to have surgery and rehab the ankle.  And they could get this surgery done for him for free by some great surgeons that they use and have him rehab in their own gym.

Yeah, must be option A.  Heck, I'm pretty sure Joey's ankle was just fine and they just paid off a Stevens Point doctor to convince the Hausers that Joey's ankle was very messed up and he needed surgery, and then talked Joey into coming to Marquette early against his will so he didn't ask out of his NLI and then made it impossible for him to transfer out of MU when he hated it here.

Oh wait...

:o
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2019, 11:00:45 AM »
Joey:

"Marquette told him it would be smart to graduate early, enroll in college for the spring semester and use the university’s strength and conditioning program. It also sounded logical, except, deep down, Hauser didn’t want to leave high school early. He did so anyway.  In hindsight, his ankle was probably better off, but he regrets the decision to this day. “If I had to do it over again, even if I had the injury, I probably would have chosen to stay in high school, just because you miss a lot of things,” Hauser says."

Scoop: Joey Hauser was forced by MU early to avert a recruiting loss to Michigan State.

Huh?  The kid just said in hindsight he wished he stayed in high school with his friends.  Am I missing something?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2019, 11:04:41 AM »

A) MU wanted to bring in a kid who had a brother who already had 2 years starting in the program under his belt and already signed his NLI a semester early so that they could guarantee he doesn't rethink his decision and ask out of his NLI to go to MSU and/or to make a decision to transfer out of Marquette harder given he doesn't have a redshirt year to burn anymore or...

B) MU saw that their star recruit was no longer going to play high school basketball given his year ending ankle injury which had been a problem for him over the last year and a half going back to his junior year football season and thought maybe they could get ahead of it and get that ankle fixed up immediately rather than realize it was still an issue when he got onto campus and then would have to miss part of this freshman year to have surgery and rehab the ankle.  And they could get this surgery done for him for free by some great surgeons that they use and have him rehab in their own gym.

Yeah, must be option A.  Heck, I'm pretty sure Joey's ankle was just fine and they just paid off a Stevens Point doctor to convince the Hausers that Joey's ankle was very messed up and he needed surgery, and then talked Joey into coming to Marquette early against his will so he didn't ask out of his NLI and then made it impossible for him to transfer out of MU when he hated it here.

Oh wait...

Joey didn't have ankle surgery when he was enrolled at MU.  He had it done before he came to MU.  MU just helped with the rehab.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2019, 12:02:26 PM »
Its pretty simple to not click on the post.

Lol yet you clicked a thread titled: Joey Hauser Talks About Leaving Marquette

Wow, thanks for the insight guys! You are so right!! Clicking on a post vs. reading the thread list and seeing every single one about these two clowns is completely different. I'm way off for even thinking the Hauser transfer debacle is completely tired.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2019, 12:48:48 PM »
Right.
Again, by the time all this went down, Joey had committed to and signed a LOI with Marquette. There was virtually no risk of him abruptly changing his mind and transferring to MSU at this point. The whole "coaching staff nefariously coerced Joey to come early" narrative is nonsense, unsurprisingly pushed by the same people with the same agenda.

I wasn’t talking about him backing out of his LOI.  His decision to redshirt for that half season meant he’d burn an entire year of eligibility if he wanted to transfer from Marquette.  In a way, it could be looked at as an insurance policy to keep him at MU after Sam’s graduation if he wasn’t happy with his situation.

I mean, this isn’t even some radical conspiracy theory.  Wojo and his staff weren’t born yesterday.  Getting him proper medical attention was obviously priority number one, but if you think they didn’t even consider that him burning his redshirt might be beneficial to MU down the road, you’re not giving them enough credit.  It was a savvy move, but it still didn’t keep Joey here.

Two other things:

1.) If we’re going to take Deonte and Haanif 100% at their word for what they said in the papers regarding their transfers, shouldn’t we do the same for Joey?

2.) Let’s not pretend that coaches always have the absolute best interests of their players at heart when it comes to matters like this.  “Sinister” is too strong a word, but for the most part, big time coaches are all about themselves.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2019, 01:01:32 PM »
I wasn’t talking about him backing out of his LOI.  His decision to redshirt for that half season meant he’d burn an entire year of eligibility if he wanted to transfer from Marquette.  In a way, it could be looked at as an insurance policy to keep him at MU after Sam’s graduation if he wasn’t happy with his situation.

This makes zero sense. How does having his redshirt year in his back pocket make him any more or less likely to transfer after Sam graduates?

1.) If we’re going to take Deonte and Haanif 100% at their word for what they said in the papers regarding their transfers, shouldn’t we do the same for Joey?

I'm not sure what this means. Nobody here thinks Joey is lying when he says in hindsight he wishes he'd have finished high school like a normal kid. We're calling out the dopes who are insinuating that Joey was coerced/tricked/duped into coming to MU early ,... which is something Joey is not claiming.

2.) Let’s not pretend that coaches always have the absolute best interests of their players at heart when it comes to matters like this.  “Sinister” is too strong a word, but for the most part, big time coaches are all about themselves.

This is very bad logic.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2019, 01:16:56 PM »

I mean, this isn’t even some radical conspiracy theory.  Wojo and his staff weren’t born yesterday.  Getting him proper medical attention was obviously priority number one, but if you think they didn’t even consider that him burning his redshirt might be beneficial to MU down the road, you’re not giving them enough credit.  It was a savvy move, but it still didn’t keep Joey here.

Two other things:

Yawn.

Can we put this thread to bed?
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2019, 03:18:56 PM »
It is hard to tell.  But,  he is simply pointing out multiple times how ridiculously stupid the Markus is a cancer theme is.  The kid is a 2nd team all American who was not playing a natural position last year to no fault of his own.  He will be MUs all time leading scorer soon and is an outstanding representative of the university. 

I bet when this ridiculous cancer theme goes away, MU82 will stop posting about it.
Wanna bet? See all his posts about Shaka. He’ll get at least a 3 year run worth of sarcastic MH/cancer posts
No Finish Line

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2019, 03:48:18 PM »
The whole "coaching staff nefariously coerced Joey to come early" narrative is nonsense, unsurprisingly pushed by the same people with the same agenda.

I don't know who said "the whole coaching staff nefariously coerced Joey to come early". I sure didn't. But the coaches had to know that Joey struggled to make his decision so it would stand to reason they would prefer him on campus (which I'm sure they all thought he would love) sooner rather than later. I'm sure they viewed it as a win/win.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2019, 04:07:45 PM »
Scoop doing scoop.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2019, 04:46:31 PM »

Yeah, must be option A.  Heck, I'm pretty sure Joey's ankle was just fine and they just paid off a Stevens Point doctor to convince the Hausers that Joey's ankle was very messed up and he needed sBurgery, and then talked Joey into coming to Marquette early against his will so he didn't ask out of his NLI and then made it impossible for him to transfer out of MU when he hated it here.

Oh wait...

Since B never happened, the only scenario of the 2 you propose that is possible is indeed A. Thanks for pointing that out. Oh, wait...indeed!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2019, 04:52:33 PM »
Can't wait for Barca.  Where is MSU playing?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2019, 06:55:04 PM »
Since B never happened, the only scenario of the 2 you propose that is possible is indeed A. Thanks for pointing that out. Oh, wait...indeed!

Yeah we know you think that the coaching staff forced Joey to leave high school earlier than he wanted to to ensure he didn't flip to MSU...even though he had already signed his NLI to come to Marquette.

This surprises absolutely nobody.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2019, 07:35:33 PM »
Wanna bet? See all his posts about Shaka. He’ll get at least a 3 year run worth of sarcastic MH/cancer posts

I haven't written about Shaka in quite some time, but thanks for reminding me.

He's been quite the Boy Wonder in Austin!

Can't blame him, though. He's probably had a cancer or 2 on his team.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2019, 08:04:20 PM »
This is the one that made me go...huh?

“The decision dragged into the night. Joey Hauser called Izzo one more time. He had visited campus in May and talked to MSU coaches constantly, but he wanted some final reassurances. He asked Izzo how Michigan State will use him, what he’ll look like in the system.  Izzo ended the conversation with a question of his own. “If Sam wasn’t going to Virginia, and it was between Virginia and Michigan State, where would you go?” Izzo said.“

Ahhh, coach Izzo-

Yes

Umm, phone call, it’s joey calling again, wants to know if he get to shoot more than he did last year

Ahh, f**k, what time is it?

Umm, it’s 1:00 am sir, but only midnight in Stevens point

Alright, sonuva....put him on but would ya dvr the rest of that fab 5, 30 for 30 for me?

Yeah Joey, how ya doing?

Yeah hi coach Izzo, umm, I was just sitting here wondering...umm, can you tell me one more time how many times I will get to shoot the ball per game and how many minutes you’re promising me.  I’ve got my mom and dad here and they just want to hear that one more time before we memorize the sparty fight song heheheehe

Oh, umm, yeah, Hi Dave, hi steph. Umm yeah like I was telling your fine son Joseph just a moment ago, he’s going to be the man

Awwww, cool thanks coach Izzo, I just wanted to make sure I heard you say it again...I get all goose pimply and stuff right mommy?   cuz my dream has always been to play for you at Michigan state. And and and one more thing....

Umm joe?

Yeah coach anything for you...

Hello?  Joe? Dave? I think we have a bad connection, hello?  Helloooooo. Awe damn lost em again. Ok now where was I ....
don't...don't don't don't don't

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2019, 08:48:00 PM »
This is the one that made me go...huh?

“The decision dragged into the night. Joey Hauser called Izzo one more time. He had visited campus in May and talked to MSU coaches constantly, but he wanted some final reassurances. He asked Izzo how Michigan State will use him, what he’ll look like in the system.  Izzo ended the conversation with a question of his own. “If Sam wasn’t going to Virginia, and it was between Virginia and Michigan State, where would you go?” Izzo said.“

Ahhh, coach Izzo-

Yes

Umm, phone call, it’s joey calling again, wants to know if he get to shoot more than he did last year

Ahh, f**k, what time is it?

Umm, it’s 1:00 am sir, but only midnight in Stevens point

Alright, sonuva....put him on but would ya dvr the rest of that fab 5, 30 for 30 for me?

Yeah Joey, how ya doing?

Yeah hi coach Izzo, umm, I was just sitting here wondering...umm, can you tell me one more time how many times I will get to shoot the ball per game and how many minutes you’re promising me.  I’ve got my mom and dad here and they just want to hear that one more time before we memorize the sparty fight song heheheehe

Oh, umm, yeah, Hi Dave, hi steph. Umm yeah like I was telling your fine son Joseph just a moment ago, he’s going to be the man

Awwww, cool thanks coach Izzo, I just wanted to make sure I heard you say it again...I get all goose pimply and stuff right mommy?   cuz my dream has always been to play for you at Michigan state. And and and one more thing....

Umm joe?

Yeah coach anything for you...

Hello?  Joe? Dave? I think we have a bad connection, hello?  Helloooooo. Awe damn lost em again. Ok now where was I ....

Yes, a player being asked how he would be used in a system is such a tragity.   ::)

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2019, 09:16:39 PM »

Two other things:

Joey is putting out two narratives which have little to do with Marquette.

1.  I was always in love with MSU. I was unhappy at my last school because I was always in love with MSU. The only reason I didn’t was because I love my brother. Because I was always in love with MSU I want you to love me as an MSU player.
2.  NCAA don’t really hold that first year against me. I did come in early and benefited but I really didn’t want to do that. I should be given that 6th year of eligibility. Also looking back on it I should have stayed because I missed a lot. I didn’t really gel because I didn’t get to meet everyone in the first semester and they were already friends and I came in late so I probably should have just stayed in High School with my friends and entered college like any other freshman.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2019, 10:00:01 PM »
Yeah we know you think that the coaching staff forced Joey to leave high school earlier than he wanted to to ensure he didn't flip to MSU...even though he had already signed his NLI to come to Marquette.

This surprises absolutely nobody.

Who TF is "we"? I know who "you" are. Someone who either can't read or someone who lies and intentionally misrepresent what people post.

This, of course, will surprise absolutely nobody except those "we" folks who do likewise.

Tell us again your fairy tale about how Joey came to Marquette so that our medical stall could operate on his ankle. LOL. You obviously have zero idea what happened so why are you still running your mouth? Oh, wait...I forgot. It's what you do. LOL.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:04:34 PM by Lennys Tap »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2019, 10:10:40 PM »
Who TF is "we"? I know who "you" are. Someone who either can't read or someone who lies and intentionally misrepresent what people post.

This, of course, will surprise absolutely nobody except those "we" folks who do likewise.

Tell us again your fairy tale about how Joey came to Marquette so that our medical stall could operate on his ankle. LOL. You obviously have zero idea what happened so why are you still running your mouth? Oh, wait...I forgot. It's what you do. LOL.

Says the guy claiming the Marquette felt they really needed to convince Joey he needed to be at Marquette a semester early so if he hated Marquette it'd make it harder for him to transfer.

You're right, let me shut my mouth because you know exactly what happened!

We all love you Lenny.  You provide some incredible comedy here.  We know how Lenny's logic works.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:17:46 PM by wadesworld »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2019, 10:12:35 PM »
Yes, a player being asked how he would be used in a system is such a tragity.   ::)

tragity?   a player being asked?  i think it was the player axking the coach, right?  and who mentioned tragedy?   

don't...don't don't don't don't