Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer  (Read 124818 times)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Re: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer
« Reply #300 on: May 17, 2019, 07:50:17 AM »
I don't think "considered for" is a guarantee, but let's be honest. If Sam stayed & redshirted this year, he would be the favorite for BEPOY the following year. Yet at Virginia, in a system that suits his talents & play style better than Marquette, he's going to fall off the planet? Please. That's insane anti-Hauserism.

Do people really think the ACC is the NBA Northwest Division? Newsflash, it's not. Sam would be one of the best players on one of the best teams in his league. That would mean competing for first team and POY honors. Anyone pretending otherwise is just trying to salve the wound.
What?  Why would Sam redshirt if he stayed at MU?  If that’s the only way he’d be a favorite for BEPOY that’s not exactly a ringing endorsement.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #301 on: May 17, 2019, 08:06:16 AM »
What?  Why would Sam redshirt if he stayed at MU?  If that’s the only way he’d be a favorite for BEPOY that’s not exactly a ringing endorsement.
Exactly. I don't think anyone outside of the Marquette community thinks Sam is as good of a player as Markus. He is an excellent Robin to Markus' Batman. Problem is, Joey wants to be a superhero too.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #302 on: May 17, 2019, 08:12:34 AM »

I think the statement that Sam would be "considered" for all-ACC first team is an accurate one.  Now he may not make it, but he was all Big East second team this year.   
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #303 on: May 17, 2019, 08:15:11 AM »
Exactly. I don't think anyone outside of the Marquette community thinks Sam is as good of a player as Markus. He is an excellent Robin to Markus' Batman. Problem is, Joey wants to be a superhero too.
Sam is a good player. He is not, nor will he ever be, a Zion, a Marvin, etc. etc.

Virginia is losing an awful lot. Maybe they’ll remain a top tier ACC team, maybe they won’t.

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #304 on: May 17, 2019, 08:15:19 AM »

Batgirl?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #305 on: May 17, 2019, 08:17:46 AM »

I think the statement that Sam would be "considered" for all-ACC first team is an accurate one.  Now he may not make it, but he was all Big East second team this year.
In a terribly down year for the conference. Two players projected to be drafted, none even close to the first round.  How many players from the ACC are projected to be drafted? 

The talent pool in the ACC is far deeper.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 08:23:21 AM by ATL MU Warrior »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #306 on: May 17, 2019, 08:23:49 AM »
The Hauser brothers will be great wherever they end up.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #307 on: May 17, 2019, 08:34:23 AM »
In a terribly down year for the conference. Two players projected to be drafted, none even close to the first round.  How many players from the ACC are projected to be drafted? 

The talent pool in the ACC is far deeper.

The ACC is a very top-heavy league.  Sam will be on one of the better teams and will undoubtedly be a valuable player on that team.  Sure there will be some one and done types that are sprinkled on the first and second teams.

Again, will he actually make the first team?  Doubtful.  But will he be in consideration?  I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #308 on: May 17, 2019, 08:34:51 AM »

This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #309 on: May 17, 2019, 08:54:43 AM »

Thank you for agreeing that your statement was idiotic.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #310 on: May 17, 2019, 08:59:26 AM »
Yeah, so?  What’s your point?  Sam didn’t want to spend his last year of eligibility watching another season of The Markus Show.  He wanted to go to a school where he’d have a chance to be an equally important contributor.  Frankly, he’s too good to play second banana to a selfish guy trying to showcase himself every night, and he’s paid his college basketball dues, to boot.  While everyone has their own version of why they believe the transfer happened, I think it was more about Sam than Joey.

So who cares if it was about touches?  You think Markus would’ve stuck around if he wasn’t getting as many touches as he wanted, whenever he wanted them?

Except Sam will still spend next year watching the Markus Show on TV.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #311 on: May 17, 2019, 09:38:44 AM »
Lanche,

And I think you (and Tower, Wades, etc., etc.,) are far too clever to believe that Gard, Bennet and Izzo would be going after the Hausers if they were simply a couple of malcontents concerned only with their "touches".

I don't think Sam is a malcontent.

I do think both want a season in which they are the main option. At this point, only one school can provide that guarantee.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #312 on: May 17, 2019, 10:22:44 AM »

Because he would be redshirting at UVA so an apples to apples comparison would be a redshirt year here

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #313 on: May 17, 2019, 11:07:54 AM »
Thank you for agreeing that your statement was idiotic.

Your inability to comprehend the relevance of comparing like for like situations when the player in question will be taking a redshirt next season is baffling. That I even have to explain this much is a sad statement.

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #314 on: May 17, 2019, 11:18:07 AM »
Your inability to comprehend the relevance of comparing like for like situations when the player in question will be taking a redshirt next season is baffling. That I even have to explain this much is a sad statement.

+1

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #315 on: May 17, 2019, 11:27:25 AM »
I do fail to grasp the relevance of comparing a hypothetical situation that would never ever happen. Sorry.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #316 on: May 17, 2019, 11:46:25 AM »
I do fail to grasp the relevance of comparing a hypothetical situation that would never ever happen. Sorry.
You're wrong. Take the L.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #317 on: May 17, 2019, 11:50:35 AM »

The comparison was Sam as a collegiate player in 2020-21. That Sam would be a certain contender for preseason BEPOY & there's no reason he wouldn't have a shot at the same award in the ACC.

Virginia has had a first team All-ACC player 4 of the past 5 years. Sam is hyper-efficient & would be joining a system that would accentuate his strengths while minimizing his weaknesses. He would be one of the best players on one of the best teams.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #318 on: May 17, 2019, 12:02:32 PM »
The Hauser brothers will be great wherever they end up.

As I said earlier, "great" is a word thrown around a lot but often not defined.

Sam did a lot of things well for Marquette, and I was thrilled we had him, and I wish we still did. But he never even made first-team all-conference, not even in a down year for the league. Shouldn't a guy be one of his conference's best 5 players to be considered "great"?

Even if I give Sam "great," how can anybody look at what Joey did last season and be absolutely certain he is going to be "great"?

Again, I am not trying to minimize the loss of either Hauser. I sure as shyte wish they were going to be Warriors next season. I guess I just define "great" different than you do.

Markus = great.

Sam = very good.

Joey = potential to be good, maybe very good, maybe even great offensively on the right team with the right system.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

source?

• All American
« Reply #319 on: May 17, 2019, 12:37:12 PM »

Do people really think the ACC is the NBA Northwest Division?

Which ocean do you believe is the Atlantic? Also, when you look at a map of the United States, where do you draw the North/South line?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #320 on: May 17, 2019, 12:40:01 PM »
I think they can play at any of these schools. I just do not think they both are going to start.

Both an anti-Wojo and anti-Hauser statement.  Impressive.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #321 on: May 17, 2019, 12:47:17 PM »
Which ocean do you believe is the Atlantic? Also, when you look at a map of the United States, where do you draw the North/South line?

I'm referring to the best top to bottom division in the NBA.

source?

• All American
« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2019, 12:55:37 PM »
I'm referring to the best top to bottom division in the NBA.

Fair enough. Thought you might be having some sort of geographic reversal brainfart.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2019, 01:28:24 PM »
Word just broke that they both are transferring to Wisconsin.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2019, 01:32:20 PM »
Word just broke that they both are transferring to Wisconsin.

Grades posted Weds.  Transcripts cleared. The worst kept secret is now open.