[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer  (Read 124635 times)

Nukem2

• All American
Re: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2019, 03:45:41 PM »
This question has been asked in a variety of ways over the last week. I have yet to see a satisfactory answer from those who think the Hausers are 100% "innocent" in this fiasco.

Wojo wasn't honest with them. The system stinks. Wojo misled them. They weren't confident Wojo could coach a team to greatness.

Well ... if Markus leaves, Wojo would still be here. If you can't trust Wojo with Markus, why can you suddenly trust him without Markus?

Was the problem Wojo or not?
As the saying goes.....it takes two to tango. 

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2019, 03:48:09 PM »
This question has been asked in a variety of ways over the last week. I have yet to see a satisfactory answer from those who think the Hausers are 100% "innocent" in this fiasco.

Wojo wasn't honest with them. The system stinks. Wojo misled them. They weren't confident Wojo could coach a team to greatness.

Well ... if Markus leaves, Wojo would still be here. If you can't trust Wojo with Markus, why can you suddenly trust him without Markus?

Was the problem Wojo or not?

I have no inside info beyond what I have read here.  But it is so abundantly obvious at this point that Sam didn't want to play his senior season with Markus (good friends, or not) and Joey was probably frustrated with his lack of performance / the fact that nothing was really going to change rotationally next season (in fact, the addition of Koby could have pushed Joey to the bench).  So they bolted.  I am sure Wojo had some fault here, and maybe he promised to reign Markus in at times last season and didn't follow through, but this is so evidently on the Hausers. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

NWarsh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2019, 04:01:06 PM »
I have no inside info beyond what I have read here.  But it is so abundantly obvious at this point that Sam didn't want to play his senior season with Markus (good friends, or not) and Joey was probably frustrated with his lack of performance / the fact that nothing was really going to change rotationally next season (in fact, the addition of Koby could have pushed Joey to the bench).  So they bolted.  I am sure Wojo had some fault here, and maybe he promised to reign Markus in at times last season and didn't follow through, but this is so evidently on the Hausers.

This is the most realistic scenario out there.  And there is nothing wrong with the Hauser brothers looking out for #1, everybody does it.  Fanatics (aka fans) will always try to put blame on somebody.  Should Wojo have managed the situation better, yes.  Even if he did, and convinced the Hauser boys not to transfer, there would have always been an underlying tension there that most likely would have torpedoed next year at some point.  So really the only options that realistically could have happened were we lost Howard or the Hauser brothers.

I actually think this is the best scenario given the rift.  We keep an AA & BEPOY with a team filled with people who can really defend around him.  I am not saying we are a better team without the Hauser brothers with everything being perfect, but we are a better team now than we would have been with the Hauser brothers and this time bomb just waiting to go off.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2019, 04:03:45 PM »
As the saying goes.....it takes two to tango.

There is also a saying that says “Truth is often times in the middle.”

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2019, 04:17:02 PM »
JFC, you know what I meant.  I believe I also said in the same post they "wanted the limelight".  The bottomline is the Hausers quit because they have a high volume NPOY candidate on their team and they wanted more of a featured role and weren't going to get it with him around.  Call it whatever TF you want, its a fairly easy thing to explain away to a recruit IMO.  Especially a recruit that will be coming the season after said NPOY candidate and several other seniors graduate.   

So you want me to apologize for disagreeing with what you said since it wasn't what you meant and I should have known that. OK. Sorry.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2019, 04:21:41 PM »
There is also a saying that says “Truth is often times in the middle.”

I like that saying about truth. And it's truly true.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2019, 04:25:32 PM »
So you want me to apologize for disagreeing with what you said since it wasn't what you meant and I should have known that. OK. Sorry.

Where did I ask for an apology.  I just don't think you read very well. 

FWIW, here is the full post to what you originally responded to.  There were clarifying comments after the Hausers did not want to share the ball comment. 

So I assume that Wojo can use the same things against all of the other programs that see players transfer out every season?  The same stuff happens everywhere.

If I were Wojo, the answer would be simple.  The Hausers didn't want to share the ball.  We have a 2nd team All American returning who is going to be one of 2-3 names in the preseason national player of the year discussion.  They didn't like not being in the limelight.  Pretty easy to deflect that negativity.  And oh by the way, Mr. Top Recruit, Markus is a senior so when you arrive in 2020, there will be plenty of minutes and shots to go around.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 04:28:03 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2019, 04:28:25 PM »
There are a lot of insider views on this outsider view thread.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2019, 04:35:51 PM »
Where did I ask for an apology.  I just don't think you read very well. 

FWIW, here is the full post to what you originally responded to.  There were clarifying comments after the Hausers did not want to share the ball comment.

I'm not trying to be obtuse. I've read your entire post multiple times and still think the story you want Wojo to tell recruits and their parents wouldn't be truthful.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2019, 04:37:04 PM »
To play devil's advocate: If the system was the problem,  why did the Hausers announce their transfer 3 days after Howard announced his return?  Why not earlier?
My understanding is if Markus had left that would've resolved the issue that Wojo wasn’t able to resolve.
No Finish Line

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2019, 04:38:37 PM »
I'm not trying to be obtuse. I've read your entire post multiple times and still think the story you want Wojo to tell recruits and their parents wouldn't be truthful.

Telling questioning recruits that the Hausers hightailed town because they were going to take a back seat to Markus next season is a lying?

Big, if true.  Please expound on what you know for all of us.   

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2019, 04:47:37 PM »
My understanding is if Markus had left that would've resolved the issue that Wojo wasn’t able to resolve.

The only way to translate this is:

The Hauser's wanted the ball more. They wanted the offense running through them.

Wojo was going to feature the 2nd team all-American and BE POY.

So if what you say is true JJJJJ's comment regarding what Wojo could tell recruits is 100% true.

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2019, 05:57:38 PM »
You found him?!?!?

Hey, I went their on the way back to Marquette from Virginia to see vcu play Dayton, and they had 17000 fans in that place - much more than we could fit in the Mecca. Low blow :-)
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2019, 05:59:46 PM »
Getting some additional perspective is always welcome. The sky is not falling. We are not in the midst of a nuclear holocaust. B-R-E-A-T-H-E. Repeat as necessary. Marquette basketball will go on. Thanks for posting.

Great post and follow-ups, and agree with you on outside persepctives. One of the most avid Auburn fans in all sports works for me, and when checking in on me this week he said, "you know, I've learned that our fans melt down when something really bad happens for 4 to 5 days, then it's all fine.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2019, 06:06:08 PM »

The Hauser's wanted the ball more. They wanted the offense running through them.

So if what you say is true JJJJJ's comment regarding what Wojo could tell recruits is 100% true.
It's obvious from this thread that the situation can be spun both ways as to who's at fault. But the only truly important question is "can Wojo win at a high level after five years of rebuilding?"

Personally, I don't care if Wojo replaces the Hausers with cocker spaniels, I want to see MU in the Top 25 and a Sweet Sixteen run. The rest is background noise. (other alums I've talked to feel the exact same way)

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2019, 07:06:44 PM »
Two different people can look at the exact same situation and reach two different conclusions. 

Two starters left a projected top 10 team.

Some recruits will wonder what is wrong with the coach/team/program.

Some will wonder what is wrong with the players.

I can see both viewpoints.  Personally,  I'm more nervous about 2020 recruiting since the Hauser transfer.   It's an obstacle for Wojo to overcome but not an impossible one to overcome.   We will see if he can.

After the Pitino late night dinner at the Italian Restaurant story came out, how did it affect his recruiting?
After Archie Miller stuff came out, how did it affect his recruiting?
Boeheim?

The list goes on.  Wojo will have a good answer for families, IF it even comes up.  Because crap like this happens all the time and players and families really don’t care all that much. 

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2019, 07:56:30 PM »
Insiders view?
Gtfo u overated unathletic selfish prixs
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2019, 08:01:27 PM »

If by translate you mean spin, I agree. Nobody who watched MU play last year could classify Sam as selfish. The same cannot be said of Markus. But if you, JJJJ and others want to spin an unselfish player wanting a selfish one to let off the gas a little and play more team basketball as demanding to be the featured player and demanding the offense be run through him - well, I can't stop you. But it's ludicrous on its face. Any honest person person would acknowledge as much.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2019, 08:02:47 PM »
It's obvious from this thread that the situation can be spun both ways as to who's at fault. But the only truly important question is "can Wojo win at a high level after five years of rebuilding?"

Personally, I don't care if Wojo replaces the Hausers with cocker spaniels, I want to see MU in the Top 25 and a Sweet Sixteen run. The rest is background noise. (other alums I've talked to feel the exact same way)

This is a pretty good take.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2019, 08:12:34 PM »
This is a pretty good take.

Yep guru n jon seem so butt hurt that the Hausers are gone.  Like they were their love spawn or something.  I saw the Hausers as a big part if the problem.  Would the Hausers have ever played for Buzz?  Guru loved Buzz but would the Hausers have played for Buzz? Hell no!!
This team got more competitive and athletic when the lumberjacks left. This kid from Stony Brook is better than Sam and Greg  and Bailey far better than Cry baby Joey
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 08:14:58 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2019, 08:26:22 PM »
Yep guru n jon seem so butt hurt that the Hausers are gone.  Like they were their love spawn or something.  I saw the Hausers as a big part if the problem.  Would the Hausers have ever played for Buzz?  Guru loved Buzz but would the Hausers have played for Buzz? Hell no!!
This team got more competitive and athletic when the lumberjacks left. This kid from Stony Brook is better than Sam and Greg  and Bailey far better than Cry baby Joey

The Hauser situation is, ultimately, not a good thing.

But there are people, who didn't want/like wojo from the beginning, who take any chance to hate on the guy and the program while he's in charge

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2019, 09:08:50 PM »
If by translate you mean spin, I agree. Nobody who watched MU play last year could classify Sam as selfish. The same cannot be said of Markus. But if you, JJJJ and others want to spin an unselfish player wanting a selfish one to let off the gas a little and play more team basketball as demanding to be the featured player and demanding the offense be run through him - well, I can't stop you. But it's ludicrous on its face. Any honest person person would acknowledge as much.

I didn't spin anything. I didn't call anyone selfish.

I simply restated what the other poster said he learned from insiders. I then said "if" his report is true, it says what JJJJ suggests Wojo tell recruits would be true.

I, like almost everyone on here, have no idea what actually happened. So I'm not going to jump to any conclusions.

If you want me to postulate what went down. My best guess.

The Hauser's wanted the system changed to a system that fit them best, and that they honestly believed would be the best for the team.

Wojo wanted to go with a system that he thought best set up the team for long term success.

The two systems were not the same. The coach needs to make the decision. That let to conflict. The Hauser's wanted to play their last year in a system they would enjoy the most. They transferred. Simple as that. No one right, no one wrong. No one failing their job, no one being selfish, just people with different opinions going their respective ways.

That happens all the time. I fault no one, except for the fans on here that turned this into a cluster-f&$% after the fact, with rampant speculation and agendas.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2019, 10:32:48 PM »

I’m not spinning anything. I am making educated guesses as the situation based on a good amount of data.

I never found Sam Hauser to be anything remotely close to a selfish player. I’ve said that multiple times on here since then news broke. Feel free to look.

But there is really no logical reason why he would transfer other than he was unhappy with his role being Markus’ wingman.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2019, 10:55:06 PM »

Very good points. The Hausers, while talented, were the very kind of guys Buzz teams were told (by Buzz) to “@%&$ with”. Sorry if that hurts peoples’ feelings. I actually thought of Buzz’s quote a few times this year when Joey got absolutely burned multiple times by avg. foot speed guys. I don’t know if the Stony Brook kid is “better” than Sam, but I do think he would help us big-time, and may fit our roster and further boost our quickness.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2019, 11:23:41 PM »
But there is really no logical reason why he would transfer other than he was unhappy with his role being Markus’ wingman.

I'm not sold it was that either. That's the narrative being pushed hard by some here. The Hausers were selfish, looking for their own opportunities, wanted to be the top guys, etc.

I think it very much could be a focus on achieving more balance within the offense. With the idea, that more balance would led to greater sustainability, thus a better opportunity to win big. That was the tipping point, faith (or lack of) that the Wojo could get this team (with Markus) to win big.

A more balanced attack would give Sam and Joey more opportunities, but others would benefit as well. That said, I'm not sold that this transfer was specifically about their numbers. I feel it was more about winning and losing and how they feared next season would end up finishing in a similar fashion as what happened this March.

It will be interesting to see where they end up. Perhaps, they misjudged this situation and MU will win big next year with Markus. That's a possibility. We can talk about Koby or Greg all day, but the ball is going to be in Markus' hands next season. A lot. I'm pretty confident his usage will continue to be among the nation's leaders. If it works, we can throw it back at the Hausers on how they missed out on a special season. But, if next year ends of looking more like a redux of how last season ended, the Hausers transfer will very much be looked at as the canary in the coal mine moment.

feedback