[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If destination is UW  (Read 57680 times)

Silent Verbal

• All American
Re: If destination is UW
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2019, 06:25:31 PM »
Somebody was walking down the street and said hello to one of the Hauser's who responded " “hey” but not really" . Wow! Stop the presses.

Chico's pretty desperate to come up with some inside information.

Yeah, this is almost as ridiculous as the guy who said he saw Markus and Stan arguing outside the Al.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2019, 06:26:40 PM »
Ok, 99.9% Wojo’s fault. If a large portion of my staff is disengaged due to my lack of leadership to the extent that many consider leaving and two of my most valued members do, that’s a me problem.
Do you believe you are right?  If so, hire somebody who buys in with what you are doing.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2019, 06:27:59 PM »
Do you believe you are right?  If so, hire somebody who buys in with what you are doing.

So he should hire "yes" men/women?? When has that EVER worked well in the history of anything??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2019, 06:32:01 PM »
Yes men are a problem. So are employees who challenge your authority.

We think you are favoring employee X over us.  And either he goes or we go.   

Hit the bricks. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 06:34:23 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2019, 06:59:57 PM »
If it’s a member or two it’s probably them who need to change or move on. When it’s the majority it’s probably me who needs to change
No Finish Line

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2019, 07:01:46 PM »
The two of them needing to play together is getting pretty hilarious.  Why don't they just go to UW-Stevens Point?  Does anyone else remember the woman couple that lived near campus that dressed identical in the 1970s-1980s?  That's what this is reminding me of.

UWM - And they help break Marquette"s 39 game win streak..........
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 07:04:00 PM by MU Fan in Connecticut »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2019, 07:02:49 PM »
If it’s a member or two it’s probably them who need to change or move on. When it’s the majority it’s probably me who needs to change

If, after the two I was in conflict with were gone, the rest of my work force seemed to pull together, I would feel pretty good.   

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2019, 07:04:24 PM »
If, after the two I was in conflict with were gone, the rest of my work force seemed to pull together, I would feel pretty good.
And that’s the hope. That Wojo learns, grows and adapts. But that doesn’t dismiss he was largely at fault for what happened.
No Finish Line

tower912

• All American
« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2019, 07:05:48 PM »
And that’s the hope. That Wojo learns, grows and adapts. But that doesn’t dismiss he was largely at fault for what happened.

In one version.     As time goes by, I expect other information to leak out that may alter that perception.   No inside knowledge.   Just a hunch. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2019, 07:33:02 PM »
Ok, 99.9% Wojo’s fault. If a large portion of my staff is disengaged due to my lack of leadership to the extent that many consider leaving and two of my most valued members do, that’s a me problem.

Is 99.9% of Wojo’s staff disengaged?  Is 5% disengaged? 

Glad to see the rest of the guys sticking around.  I wish the best for the Hausers, I enjoyed them very much.  I wish even more success for the guys that want to be here.

I see Mutaman, who is on ignore, couldn’t get the quote right which entirely non surprising.  End of the day, what was told to me by the students and parents is how awkward it was because it happened right in front of them.  Not blaming anyone, not smearing anyone, it is just unfortunate and awkward for those involved.  Teammates no more.  Sucks for all, but I’m going to ride the horses that say Marquette on the front of the jersey...How about you Nickle?  Are you going to be one of those guys we had during the Crean era that screamed Crean sucks at the senior day event, while also hoping the team wins? 

A fan base remains divided.  Sad.  Everyone just wants to win, but if you don’t win enough, or don’t win the right way, or have the right guys from the right geo location, etc, etc...it’s always something.  I’m just as guilty.

I enjoyed staying away from here last week immensely.  Probably a good idea to stay away some more...this place can be rotten for the soul.  Next thing you know one of our players will be called a cancer when the kid is a model player and citizen....maybe an apology will come...I know I did when I said our players choked one time.  I don’t ever recall something as repugnant as a kid being called a cancer, but this place can surprise with the best.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 07:48:31 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2019, 07:42:27 PM »
Yeah, this is almost as ridiculous as the guy who said he saw Markus and Stan arguing outside the Al.

Except this was confirmed by multiple eye witnesses...students and parents.  But the real point is more about the awkwardness of the whole situation.  No malice intended.  Glad to see the team that remains is together.  Wish the Hausers well.....fun to watch, seem like good kids, represented the university well...sad that it came to this for whatever reason it did.  Very few things like this are 100% on anybody....but that won’t change the POV of some, especially those that have had it for five years.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2019, 07:48:10 PM »
Is 99.9% of Wojo’s staff disengaged?  Is 5% disengaged? 

Glad to see the rest of the guys sticking around.  I wish the best for the Hausers, I enjoyed them very much.  I wish even more success for the guys that want to be here.

I see Anita man, who is on ignore, couldn’t get the quote right which entirely non surprising.  End of the day, what was told to me by the students is how awkward it was because it happened right in front of them.  Not blaming anyone, not smearing anyone, it is just unfortunate and awkward for those involved.  Teammates no more.  Sucks for all, but I’m going to ride the horses that say Marquette on the front of the jersey...How about you Nickle?  Are you going to be one of those guys we had during the Crean era that screamed Crean sucks at the senior day event, while also hoping the team wins? 

A fan base remains divided.  Sad.  Everyone just wants to win, but if you don’t win enough, or don’t win the right way, or have the right guys from the right geo location, etc, etc...it’s always something.  I’m just as guilty.

I enjoyed staying away from here last week immensely.  Probably a good idea to stay away some more...this place can be rotten for the soul.  Next thing you know one of our players will be called a cancer when the kid is a model player and citizen....maybe an apology will come...I know I did when I said our players choked one time.  I don’t ever recall something as repugnant as a kid being called a cancer, but this place can surprise with the best.
Nah I’ll cheer for Wojo because it’s good for MU. But I’ll stand by the prediction I made after we were unceremoniously knocked out of the tourney; next season will be Wojo’s last. Agreed on the cancer piece; some of the name calling of young adults has been pathetic
No Finish Line

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2019, 09:27:15 PM »

Could be. But I've been part of a team before where 1 employee was convinced they knew better than our department head. She was very vocal in her assertions and also very popular with the team. After work when groups of us would go out for happy hour she would lead gossip circles about the department that would get straight up nasty. Most joined in the ripping of our department head while others didn't join in but also didn't do anything to stop it, sometimes agreeing so we could continue to fit in. For awhile, life on that team was miserable, everyone gossiping, complaining, questioning even when the department head was doing what she thought was right. All of us were considering a "transfer" at the time, some did. Eventually the 1 employee moved on to another position. All of the sudden the team functioned much better than before as the team bought into the Department Head's vision. We had our best year after that.

Not saying that's what happened in this situation but never underestimate the power a few disgruntled people can do to a whole team.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2019, 09:31:56 PM »
Could be. But I've been part of a team before where 1 employee was convinced they knew better than our department head. She was very vocal in her assertions and also very popular with the team. After work when groups of us would go out for happy hour she would lead gossip circles about the department that would get straight up nasty. Most joined in the ripping of our department head while others didn't join in but also didn't do anything to stop it, sometimes agreeing so we could continue to fit in. For awhile, life on that team was miserable, everyone gossiping, complaining, questioning even when the department head was doing what she thought was right. All of us were considering a "transfer" at the time, some did. Eventually the 1 employee moved on to another position. All of the sudden the team functioned much better than before as the team bought into the Department Head's vision. We had our best year after that.

Not saying that's what happened in this situation but never underestimate the power a few disgruntled people can do to a whole team.

She was a cancer, ayee?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2019, 09:38:07 PM »
The good news is that 15 years from now, Markus' number will be in the rafters. The Hausers will be a couple of kids who passed through.

This.

Sam could have been an all-time MU great. Now he’s just a guy at both schools he plays at.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2019, 09:39:36 PM »
Turned out that guy was in general on to something...
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2019, 10:48:16 PM »

No he wasn't.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2019, 07:30:38 AM »

You guys realize he was making fun of the Buzz/Vander story right? I may be totally misreading, but I took that as a sarcastic post.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2019, 07:37:21 AM »
You guys realize he was making fun of the Buzz/Vander story right? I may be totally misreading, but I took that as a sarcastic post.

I assume every post on here is sarcastic

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2019, 07:44:11 AM »
I assume every post on here is sarcastic

Is this sarcasm?
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2019, 07:44:56 AM »

FIFY
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2019, 10:08:38 AM »
The two of them needing to play together is getting pretty hilarious.  Why don't they just go to UW-Stevens Point?  Does anyone else remember the woman couple that lived near campus that dressed identical in the 1970s-1980s?  That's what this is reminding me of.

Yes!  We called them the twins. Are these the same women?  They used to carry a shopping bag between them with a hand each on the handles. 

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #172 on: April 24, 2019, 11:02:29 AM »
Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops

Marquette transfers Sam and Joey Hauser confirm to me they will visit Wisconsin on April 26, Michigan State on May 3 and Virginia on May 17. Also intend to set up visit to Iowa. Will obviously be a huge addition for anyone.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #173 on: April 24, 2019, 11:51:31 AM »
This.

Sam could have been an all-time MU great. Now he’s just a guy at both schools he plays at.

All time great? Ok, sure.  ::)
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #174 on: April 24, 2019, 12:19:39 PM »
All time great? Ok, sure.  ::)

If he scored as many points next year as he did this year, he'd rank 4th all time in scoring at Marquette. Pile on an all-conference nod and perhaps a deep tourney run, and he'd have been remembered very fondly by the MU faithful.

feedback