[Today at 06:51:42 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If destination is UW  (Read 57602 times)

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
Re: If destination is UW
« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2019, 05:44:27 AM »
Not sure if this has been talked about, honestly haven't read a word of this thread..my apologies. BUT If they go to Madison, Sam's only game against us will be at the FF in 2 years. Will he/they be boo'd or applauded?

If they are Badgers, wearing red, fighting for them, trying to help them win, and beat us, probably booed. It's pretty simple for me.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2019, 06:58:14 AM »
If they are Badgers, wearing red, fighting for them, trying to help them win, and beat us, probably booed. It's pretty simple for me.
If they are wearing Red, neither booed or applauded, complete indifference, like any other time the opposing team is introduced.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2019, 07:54:09 PM »
According to multiple students in the MU athletic dept, they're going to UW. Sam's girl is there and they're going to the Mifflin Block Party this weekend.  I would expect an official announcement once they finish with their semester at MU.

Everything about this sucks, since I actually liked Sam. I hope UW assumes their rightful position of Big Ten dormat.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2019, 08:02:08 PM »
According to multiple students in the MU athletic dept, they're going to UW. Sam's girl is there and they're going to the Mifflin Block Party this weekend.  I would expect an official announcement once they finish with their semester at MU.

Everything about this sucks, since I actually liked Sam. I hope UW assumes their rightful position of Big Ten dormat.

Mifflin was LAST weekend when they were there.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2019, 08:09:34 PM »

I wouldn't hold your breath. The last time they were near the bottom of the league was their 3-13 finish over 20 years ago (1997-98). The last time they actually finished bottom of the league was 1984-85.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2019, 08:13:37 PM »
I wouldn't hold your breath. The last time they were near the bottom of the league was their 3-13 finish over 20 years ago (1997-98). The last time they actually finished bottom of the league was 1984-85.

It's always amazed me about UW fans that they blast MU fans for talking about 1977 because it was over 40 years ago...yet Badger Basketball fans believe their "history" starts in 2000. How quickly they forget that prior to that, on a yearly basis, they were literally one of the worst high major programs in the country..it was glorious. But for some reason, the fans that were old enough to remember, don't ever want to talk about it and only wanna talk about 2000-current.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #206 on: May 01, 2019, 08:17:20 PM »
During the 70s & 80s, UW had the fortune of playing Northwestern twice a season when they were absolutely mailing it in. With Sam, UW will be decent in 2021-22, but then reality will hit.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #207 on: May 01, 2019, 08:22:18 PM »

So they’ve cancelled the other campus visits?  ::)

muguru

• All American
« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2019, 08:37:35 PM »
So they’ve cancelled the other campus visits?  ::)

I'm sure Sam and Joey have been sure to tell everyone on campus that they are going to UW, because they'd never get any blow  back from that, right??  ::)

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2019, 11:59:49 PM »
It's always amazed me about UW fans that they blast MU fans for talking about 1977 because it was over 40 years ago...yet Badger Basketball fans believe their "history" starts in 2000. How quickly they forget that prior to that, on a yearly basis, they were literally one of the worst high major programs in the country..it was glorious. But for some reason, the fans that were old enough to remember, don't ever want to talk about it and only wanna talk about 2000-current.

To be fair, what does the past really have to do with what is going on today? If we’re focusing on the past then UTEP, Loyola Chicago and CCNY are hoops powerhouses and the best rivalry in the ACC is UNC/NC State. It sucks but the fact is since 1994 they’ve been to the tourney 22 times with 3 Final Fours, while we’ve been to the tourney 15 times with 1 Final Four. The past is great but it means nothing for the present and for me, I’d rather discuss what’s happening now than trying to use something that happened when I was 9 months old to claim bragging rights.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 09:54:53 AM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2019, 01:57:17 AM »
To be fair, what does the past really have to do with what is going on today? If we’re focusing on the past then UTEP, Loyola Chicago and CCNY are hoops powerhouses and the best rivalry in the ACC is UNC/NC State. It sucks but the fact is since 1994 they’ve been to the tourney 22 times with 2 Final Fours, while we’ve been to the tourney 15 times with 1 Final Four. The past is great but it means nothing for the present and for me, I’d rather discuss what’s happening now than trying to use something that happened when I was 9 months old to claim bragging rights.

3 FF. Even worse
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2019, 07:21:42 AM »
During the 70s & 80s, UW had the fortune of playing Northwestern twice a season when they were absolutely mailing it in. With Sam, UW will be decent in 2021-22, but then reality will hit.

We've been talking about reality catching up with UW for over two decades now. Bennett brought them to a Final Four. Bo coached them at a Hall of Fame level. And like Gard or not, he has 3 NCAA appearances in 4 seasons with two Sweet 16 trips. Maybe that's all Happ, maybe they will fall off the cliff now, but Trice/Davison/Reuvers is a decent trio of players to lead them for the next two years. If they get the Hausers, 2020-21 could be a really good year for them. Are we assuming they won't recruit anyone between now and then? Or they will only get walk-on caliber players?

I'm not overwhelmed with Gard, but the program hasn't collapsed. People thought it would collapse when they were 9-9 (1-4) under Bo/Gard in 2016. They went to the Sweet 16. People thought they would collapse after Hayes & Koenig left in 2017 & they had a poor 2018, but they bounced back to the tournament & equaled our seed. I don't think anyone will confuse them with Michigan State any time soon, but they idea that reality is about to hit and their program will fall apart when all they've done is win for the better part of two decades seems just a touch premature.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2019, 08:04:01 AM »
I'm sure Sam and Joey have been sure to tell everyone on campus that they are going to UW, because they'd never get any blow  back from that, right??  ::)
If that’s the case then why add Iowa to the list and visit there if they and you are already certain of their destination?
They don’t owe Iowa anything.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2019, 09:56:03 AM »
3 FF. Even worse

Thanks. Blanked on 2000. 19 years ago.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #214 on: May 03, 2019, 06:12:56 PM »
https://twitter.com/wisbbyearbook/status/1124447883263139840?s=21
Sam and Joey Hauser are not visiting Michigan State this weekend and instead will focus on finals at Marquette. They plan to take additional visits following exams. Both Hauser boys visited Wisconsin last weekend. Possible visits in future include Iowa, Michigan State, Virginia.
Goal is National Championship

Marquette4life

• All American
« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2019, 11:17:15 PM »
Sam and Joey Hauser are not visiting Michigan State this weekend and instead will focus on finals at Marquette. They plan to take additional visits following exams. Both Hauser boys visited Wisconsin last weekend. Possible visits in future include Iowa, Michigan State, Virginia.
actually just saw them at brewer game drinking so....clearly not studying too hard lol

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #216 on: May 04, 2019, 07:23:25 AM »

Let me go out on a limb and suggest they won't be making other visits.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #217 on: May 04, 2019, 07:29:29 AM »

its probably one of the worst kept secrets out there. It's been a lock for UW since they announced they were transferring. They are just waiting until finals are over and they can get out if Dodge. Joey always wanted UW but the parents told him to go to MU with big bro.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #218 on: May 04, 2019, 10:09:43 AM »
actually just saw them at brewer game drinking so....clearly not studying too hard lol

Studyin' no matta for NBA lottery piks, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #219 on: May 04, 2019, 10:10:17 AM »

100% correctomondo, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #220 on: May 04, 2019, 05:23:34 PM »
This will make closure easier that’s for sure. They’ll both be the enemy and dead to me as if they were never Warriors if they in fact go UW
No Finish Line

MU82

• All American
« Reply #221 on: May 04, 2019, 05:35:52 PM »
This will make closure easier that’s for sure. They’ll both be the enemy and dead to me as if they were never Warriors if they in fact go UW

I long ago decided I hope they go there. Much easier to "hate" them. Will enjoy beating them.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #222 on: May 04, 2019, 06:57:14 PM »
I long ago decided I hope they go there. Much easier to "hate" them. Will enjoy beating them.
Will be a grand ole time if Sam and company come into FF and beat MU.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #223 on: May 05, 2019, 12:43:47 AM »
Will be a grand ole time if Sam and company come into FF and beat MU.

Hopefully not a "grand ole time" for anybody who actually is a Marquette fan.

They are F%ckies now. The enemy. I wouldn't think any Warriors fan who disliked Ponds and company coming into FF and beating MU should feel any better should Sam and company be lucky enough to do it. Indeed, given the level of hate for F%cky, I'd feel worse about it.

Thankfully, it won't happen. We're gonna kick butt against the guys who quit our program, just as we've beaten F%cky 3 of the last 4 years.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #224 on: May 05, 2019, 07:19:08 AM »
Not yet.