'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If destination is UW  (Read 57504 times)

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
If destination is UW
« on: April 17, 2019, 01:22:30 PM »
There will be some pissed off Badgers on roster.When the Hausers are eligible Ford will be a SR.He will never see the floor.Wahl and Currie also.They will be Soph and will see no PT.Those three should leave if the Hausers go to UW.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: If destination is UW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 01:27:59 PM »
I also wonder Kobe King and Micah Potter will feel.  Projected starters 2 years from now to suddenly projected backups if the Hausers transfer to Wisconsin.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 01:56:22 PM »
If they go to Wisco then they're legitimately bad people. Souless and morally bankrupt cretins.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 02:00:37 PM »
There will be some pissed off Badgers on roster.When the Hausers are eligible Ford will be a SR.He will never see the floor.Wahl and Currie also.They will be Soph and will see no PT.Those three should leave if the Hausers go to UW.
That will be true wherever they go, unless it is a step down outside the P6.  Either that or the Hausers will be pissed off.  It is interesting to me since they are a package deal that the team taking them has to give 5 years of scholarships/roster space for three years a playing.  For a coach the nice thing about getting a transfer (especially a senior transfer) is that they have to do what you say because they can't really leave.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 02:11:09 PM »
to play devils advocate…

King 4.5 ppg, 2.0 reb, 0.5 ast. eFG% 51.5, 3P% 31.4, FT% 68.8. 44 games
Potter 4.1 ppg, 2.8 reb, 0.3 ast. eFG% 52.1, 3P% 32.4, FT% 69.2. 59 games
Ford 4.5 ppg, 2.3 reb, 0.3 ast eFG% 51.0, 3P% 35.8, FT% 83.8. 64 games

Joey 9.7 ppg, 5.3 reb, 2.4 ast. eFG% 54.2, 3P% 42.2, FT% 79.1. 34 games
Sam 12.7 ppg, 6.0 reb, 2.2 ast. eFG% 60.9, 3P% 44.5, FT% 87.6. 101 games

We are getting ahead of ourselves that they will end up at Wisconsin. But if they do, it’s not like the aforementioned players are world beaters. Or even starter worthy FWIW

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 06:03:57 PM »
If the Hausers really want to win and get NBA visibility, Wisconsin just doesn't make sense. I could really see Virginia being a good fit though.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 06:15:37 PM »
I not sure you get more NBA visibility than playing in an NBA facility. I do not see either of them making the NBA. Ask yourself how they would fit in on the Bucks team if you watch the Bucks game tonight.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 08:16:08 PM »
I not sure you get more NBA visibility than playing in an NBA facility. I do not see either of them making the NBA. Ask yourself how they would fit in on the Bucks team if you watch the Bucks game tonight.

I think Sam would be fine.

I don’t think playing in an NBA arena matters. I don’t think playing for UW matters. The NBA will find you.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 08:20:55 PM »
If they go to Wisco then they're legitimately bad people. Souless and morally bankrupt cretins.

I literally LOLed.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 08:26:34 PM »
I think Sam would be fine.

I don’t think playing in an NBA arena matters. I don’t think playing for UW matters. The NBA will find you.
Sure it does, because every NBA team plays in Milwaukee and the coaches have a chance to go to MU games when the schedule permits.

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 08:31:21 PM »
Sure it does, because every NBA team plays in Milwaukee and the coaches have a chance to go to MU games when the schedule permits.

Are you not aware that NBA teams have scouting staffs and reams of data and video?  This isn’t the 1950s.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2019, 09:06:02 PM »
Are you not aware that NBA teams have scouting staffs and reams of data and video?  This isn’t the 1950s.

Not to mention the coaches don’t draft or sign players

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2019, 09:19:00 PM »
If they go to UW wojo should be canned iimmediately.  Cannot excuse that one.  Would be a complete slap in the face to the university

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 09:38:10 PM »
I literally LOLed.

Omg you thought he was kidding

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2019, 09:43:10 PM »
Omg you thought he was kidding

Not at all...the phrase "souless and morally bankrupt cretins" was just so perfect it made me laugh.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:07:41 PM by Lennys Tap »

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2019, 02:30:52 PM »
Did I say anything about scouts. They have their own schedule. They are going to follow the top players. I doubt they went to Madison last year to watch Happ and I doubt they will go to Uw to see the Hausers. They may of been there, because of who UW was playing. Look at it his way (not that it matters, but shows what I am thinking). Cohen was probably never seen by a scout or an NBA coach once he left MU. I suspect he would be been seen by an NBA coach who was in town to play the Bucks and decided to go to an MU game. Non elite players have a greater chance to be seen playing at MU than they do at many other schools.

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2019, 03:09:33 PM »
Did I say anything about scouts. They have their own schedule. They are going to follow the top players. I doubt they went to Madison last year to watch Happ and I doubt they will go to Uw to see the Hausers. They may of been there, because of who UW was playing. Look at it his way (not that it matters, but shows what I am thinking). Cohen was probably never seen by a scout or an NBA coach once he left MU. I suspect he would be been seen by an NBA coach who was in town to play the Bucks and decided to go to an MU game. Non elite players have a greater chance to be seen playing at MU than they do at many other schools.

I can guaranty you that scouts went to Madison to see Ethan Happ and likely went to Green Bay to see Sandy Cohen play. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2019, 06:42:00 PM »
If the Hausers really want to win and get NBA visibility, Wisconsin just doesn't make sense. I could really see Virginia being a good fit though.

sam-yes.  joey needs to improve a few "things".  will the hausers have patience for "those things" and when he gets less minutes than he had his freshman year-a careful whatcha wish for moment indeed
don't...don't don't don't don't

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2019, 06:43:52 PM »
I'm hearing UW...UVA not really showing interest as of yet...2nd hand source...but the initial source very solid.  Im sure things can change.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2019, 07:46:29 PM »
If the Hausers really want to win and get NBA visibility, Wisconsin just doesn't make sense.

Spot on! That's why Dekker and Kaminsky went undrafted.

One more time. School doesn't matter when it comes to visibility for a player. Scouts know every prospect regardless of where they play.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2019, 08:15:20 PM »
I'm hearing UW...UVA not really showing interest as of yet...2nd hand source...but the initial source very solid.  Im sure things can change.

Ha, I just heard UVA. Not much confidence in my source though

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2019, 10:59:31 PM »

Neither of those things have been true.

Pretty confident it'll be MSU or VA.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2019, 11:01:35 PM »
Spot on! That's why Dekker and Kaminsky went undrafted.

One more time. School doesn't matter when it comes to visibility for a player. Scouts know every prospect regardless of where they play.

Exactly. 2 words: Ja Morant (sorry Joey, stop trembling).

A friend used to be a NBA scout. He and his coworkers hit up anywhere they thought a legit prospect may be playing. His “favorite” trip was Pocatello, ID, to see Sebastian Telfair’s brother. Pocatello in January is beautiful, I hear.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Norm

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2019, 01:07:34 AM »
Neither of those things have been true.

Pretty confident it'll be MSU or VA.

Don't think MSU has 2 scholarships to give them.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2019, 02:06:35 AM »
I'm sticking behind my original feeling of UW until they announce for another school.  Too many signs point to Wisconsin with the biggest sign being that the Wisconsin staff has basically suspended 2019 recruiting with only 10 scholarship players for the 2019-20 season and 2 of those are redshirt freshman big men.  I know there are sources out there that say differently, but...………………………...
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

feedback