'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: If destination is UW  (Read 56802 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: If destination is UW
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2019, 10:09:07 AM »
Not yet.

If you’re referring to Udub, it’s nyet eyn’a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

muguru

• All American
« Reply #226 on: May 05, 2019, 11:07:26 AM »
This will make closure easier that’s for sure. They’ll both be the enemy and dead to me as if they were never Warriors if they in fact go UW

Except for the small issue of they would make UW better, and if you HATE UW you should loathe the fact that they would be better because of that. That's why i don't want them there.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #227 on: May 05, 2019, 11:51:16 AM »
Except for the small issue of they would make UW better, and if you HATE UW you should loathe the fact that they would be better because of that. That's why i don't want them there.
Oh I hope like hell they don’t end up there but I’m prepared to find the silver lining if they do. Unfortunately if they end up at UW I think they take that team to much greater heights than they otherwise would’ve reached and they likely come to MKE and embarrass Wojo (if he’s still our coach)
No Finish Line

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #228 on: May 05, 2019, 11:59:19 AM »
Oh I hope like hell they don’t end up there but I’m prepared to find the silver lining if they do. Unfortunately if they end up at UW I think they take that team to much greater heights than they otherwise would’ve reached and they likely come to MKE and embarrass Wojo (if he’s still our coach)

unfortunately I agree with them beating us. Hopefully the pressure of playing in front of a 18k fans that they betrayed gets to them but it certainly won't be our best team from the looks of it.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2019, 02:15:35 PM »

Who will you be cheering for that game?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #230 on: May 05, 2019, 03:16:44 PM »

No kidding. These people who claim they wish the best for Wojo are hard to believe.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2019, 05:44:45 PM »

This whole “if you dislike Wojo you’re rooting against Marquette” thing is just a straw man you’re using to distract from actual discussions about folks’ concerns regarding Wojo.  No one here has said they’re rooting against Marquette.  No one has said they’re hoping for Wojo to fail.  If someone’s said that, produce the evidence.  Or do we all need to donate to your favorite charity before that happens?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #232 on: May 05, 2019, 06:06:19 PM »
This whole “if you dislike Wojo you’re rooting against Marquette” thing is just a straw man you’re using to distract from actual discussions about folks’ concerns regarding Wojo.  No one here has said they’re rooting against Marquette.  No one has said they’re hoping for Wojo to fail.  If someone’s said that, produce the evidence.  Or do we all need to donate to your favorite charity before that happens?

Perfectly stated.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #233 on: May 05, 2019, 07:39:43 PM »

No one?  Lol.  Just like no one said they hope Packers don’t lose to get McCarthy fired...right?

Amazing
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 07:52:58 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #234 on: May 05, 2019, 07:43:11 PM »
Perfectly stated.

It’s like watching “Americans” get super pissed off the last few days at the amazing economic numbers because they want someone fired.

Hard to say day after day after day you want Wojo fired, but gee I hope the team does well because that means he hangs around.  Good one.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 07:53:26 PM by Cheeks »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #235 on: May 05, 2019, 07:55:32 PM »
It’s like watching “Americans” get super pissed off the last few days at the amazing economic numbers because they want someone fired.

🙄
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #236 on: May 05, 2019, 08:09:13 PM »
Still struggling to grapple with some basic logic I see. Embarrassing cheeks. Even for you.
No Finish Line

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #237 on: May 05, 2019, 08:31:13 PM »

Hard to say day after day after day you want Wojo fired, but gee I hope the team does well because that means he hangs around.  Good one.

1. Thought this was a politics free board.

2. Since as usual you think the rules don't apply to you - why can't "Americans" root for other "Americans" to have prosperity and still think the guy in charge is an embarrassment? Even you should be able to grasp that.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 09:28:35 PM by Lennys Tap »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #238 on: May 06, 2019, 10:27:04 AM »

2. Since as usual you think the rules don't apply to you - why can't "Americans" root for other "Americans" to have prosperity and still think the guy in charge is an embarrassment? Even you should be able to grasp that.

It's never a politics free board with Chicos.  But strangely, you'll never see willie, rocket, beejay, etc call him out. 
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #239 on: May 06, 2019, 10:45:22 AM »

Because that isn’t what is happening.  We have Americans pissed that they are doing well because they hate the guy.  Which is why I used the analogy, because there will be fans here pissed that we do well if it keeps Wojo around longer.  Even you should be able to grasp that.   Thus the reason the analogy was used.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #240 on: May 06, 2019, 10:48:40 AM »
Because that isn’t what is happening.  We have Americans pissed that they are doing well because they hate the guy.  Which is why I used the analogy, because there will be fans here pissed that we do well if it keeps Wojo around longer.  Even you should be able to grasp that.   Thus the reason the analogy was used.

I think the point was more that you could've used other analogies and made a point to go political instead
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #241 on: May 06, 2019, 10:56:48 AM »
It's never a politics free board with Chicos.  But strangely, you'll never see willie, rocket, beejay, etc call him out.

For a whiner like bee jay, that’s saying a lot.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #242 on: May 06, 2019, 11:00:27 AM »

This is next level straw-man stuff

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #243 on: May 06, 2019, 11:47:18 AM »

Especially from the guy who posted non-stop trashing Buzz for 6 effing years I mean just next-level insufferable

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #244 on: May 06, 2019, 11:49:56 AM »

Using job numbers as a basis of American feelings about the economy, is analogous to using the 2nd half of the BET St. John's game as a gauge of MU's last 6 games.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #245 on: May 06, 2019, 01:27:54 PM »
next-level insufferable
Pretty much sums him up
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #246 on: May 06, 2019, 01:56:06 PM »
We have Americans pissed that they are doing well because they hate the guy. 

No American is "pissed that they're doing well".They may be pissed in spite of the fact that they're doing well - something you should be able to understand. We were doing much better than well in Buzz era and you were pissed out of your mind from the get go.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #247 on: May 06, 2019, 02:23:04 PM »
Especially from the guy who posted non-stop trashing Buzz for 6 effing years I mean just next-level insufferable

Did I ever call for Wojo to be fired, let alone incessantly as people here have?  Nope.  So you equivocation is flat wrong.  Show me where I said Buzz should be fired even one time.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #248 on: May 06, 2019, 02:24:57 PM »

There are countless examples...thousands on social media, entertainment, news, pundits, etc.  A quick search will give you endless examples.  A Friday night viewing of HBO will give you countless others, or daily morning viewing of certain television shows.  It is what it is.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #249 on: May 06, 2019, 02:28:33 PM »
Using job numbers as a basis of American feelings about the economy, is analogous to using the 2nd half of the BET St. John's game as a gauge of MU's last 6 games.

Wages, job numbers, productivity, etc. 

I cannot wait for MU to go on a winning streak and a group here will be totally quiet.  We will lose a few, and the firing BS will be alive and well with “I told you we should have fired him last season”, blah blah blah.  The “I told you so” messages are just ready to be unleashed by these folks. 

feedback