[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If destination is UW  (Read 57629 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: If destination is UW
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2019, 06:55:58 PM »
Dimer

82 has issued the orders. He has taken lead of how to handle the Hauser boys moving forward. They are the Quitter Brothers and we hate them.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2019, 06:58:43 PM »
commit to what?

Virginia..look, I have no idea if they will or won't...and I know you're friends with Sam's GF, but there are just as many people that are saying they will ONLY go to UW as a fall back. Now that Virginia has the scholarships available...

BTW, not saying you're wrong, but it should be noted that anyone that is using the "Sam's GF is at UW" angle to think he'll commit there...She's a Junior this year..which means she won't even be at UW the one year Sam would be playing there...just food for thought.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2019, 07:00:52 PM »
Dimer

82 has issued the orders. He has taken lead of how to handle the Hauser boys moving forward. They are the Quitter Brothers and we hate them.
Goose,

What's really amazing about it all, is he was one of the most vocal one's against me and ripping me for saying after the season Wojo should be gone..Now, suddenly, he seems to agree. Ironic, isn't it??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2019, 07:01:31 PM »
Dimer

I missed the marching orders. Thanks for filling me in Goose!
No Finish Line

Goose

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2019, 07:06:55 PM »
Dimer

Spread the word. 82 has the Quitter Brothers amongst some of the most hated rivals in program history. Wonder why we were not hating Cheatham, Cohen or some of the other early exits. My guess is, the others could not play a lick and we could wish them luck. This is big time to be giving a nickname and hating them before their destination is known. I am officially in line and awaiting further instructions.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2019, 07:07:59 PM »
Virginia..look, I have no idea if they will or won't...and I know you're friends with Sam's GF, but there are just as many people that are saying they will ONLY go to UW as a fall back. Now that Virginia has the scholarships available...

BTW, not saying you're wrong, but it should be noted that anyone that is using the "Sam's GF is at UW" angle to think he'll commit there...She's a Junior this year..which means she won't even be at UW the one year Sam would be playing there...just food for thought.
I heard UW second hand through his parents...this person also raved about the parents being great individuals.  At that time it sounded like they weren't hearing from MSU or UVA...as i said...hope that changes...i have no interest in seeing them go to bucky.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2019, 07:09:04 PM »
I actually have come around to hoping the Quitter Brothers go to F%ckyland, because I will enjoy rooting against them. But if they go to Virginia, that's fine, too; they can help 'em lose to a 16-seed again.

Lose to a 16 seed, win the national title, or maybe something in between?

I hold no ill will towards the Hausers. They are no more "quitters" than McEwan, Rowsey or Morrow, IMO.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2019, 07:12:25 PM »
Dimer

I am issuing no orders to anybody.

Goose, you know I like you, but I'm not sure why you keep trying to claim I said something I didn't. This is at least the third time in the last 3 days you've done it. I don't think you'd appreciate the same treatment.

Frankly, it doesn't matter to me if you and anybody else continue with the Hauser bromances if that's what y'all want. Why would I care?

I appreciate what Sam did during his three seasons at Marquette. Whoever gets him will be getting a fine college basketball player for a season. But he and L'il Quitter quit Marquette. They are history. Yesterday's news.

And yes, I now have fan "hate" for them, just as I did this past season for other Marquette opponents. I think that's pretty normal. You're free to disagree.

Lose to a 16 seed, win the national title, or maybe something in between?

I hold no ill will towards the Hausers. They are no more "quitters" than McEwan, Rowsey or Morrow, IMO.

I have addressed that previously. Those guys are OUR guys, and I support them the way I support any of our players. But if Utah State, Asheville and Nebraska consider them to be quitters ... well, to them they would be.

I'm a Warriors fan. I cheer Warriors. I don't cheer Cavaliers or Spartans ... and I sure as hell don't cheer F%ckyLand guys. If you want to, go ahead!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2019, 07:16:41 PM »

Just playing with you. You threw out your jabs on my questioning Wojo not working too hard, and decided to add additional humor. Thought it was funny. All good. Have another bourbon😀

MU82

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2019, 07:22:24 PM »

Just playing with you. You threw out your jabs on my questioning Wojo not working too hard, and decided to add additional humor. Thought it was funny. All good. Have another bourbon😀

I've actually never had a glass of bourbon. I've had a couple of sips, maybe one shot, and decided it wasn't for me. I'm just a regular ol' beer guy ... though these days I do like many types of craft beer rather than the kind of crud I swilled in college.

I guess I misinterpreted your playfulness. You accuse a coach of not working hard based on some third party's guess; I say a couple players quit based on the fact that, um, they quit.

All in good fun!  8-)

Goose

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2019, 07:29:58 PM »

How do you know it is a third party’s guess? Don’t remember sharing that with you. That said, much of what is shared by most posters is third party info. You seem to like that type of info if it matches your narrative.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2019, 11:01:36 PM »

How do you know it is a third party’s guess? Don’t remember sharing that with you. That said, much of what is shared by most posters is third party info. You seem to like that type of info if it matches your narrative.

Hey Goose, I don't want to get into a pi$$ing match with you.

All I know is that one post you said you didn't know if Wojo was a hard worker or not. Then, in another post you said somebody told you that the assistants did most of the work so you assumed Wojo didn't work hard. Then you wrongly said that I felt it was OK to criticize players but that the coach was "off limits."

At least that's how I remember it. I don't think I'm remembering it wrong, but if I am misremembering it, I apologize.

As for third-party information ... I don't have sources inside MU at all, nor do I claim to. I have never met Wojo nor any of the players nor any of the players' families, and I don't personally know anybody who talks regularly to the players or their families. What I know is what I read here on Scoop. So here again, you are stating something that is false, and that surprises me because it's unlike you.

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2019, 11:13:25 PM »
I heard UW second hand through his parents...this person also raved about the parents being great individuals.  At that time it sounded like they weren't hearing from MSU or UVA...as i said...hope that changes...i have no interest in seeing them go to bucky.

I’m hearing that they scheduled an official to MSU.  Maybe with Va roster now they commit to Bennett and never make the trip to visit with Izzo? 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2019, 06:28:04 AM »
Hate them if they go to UW.

Apathetic towards them if they go to Virginia or MSU (unless we play them)
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2019, 06:35:24 AM »
Not sure why everyone's getting upset over the quitter terminology.

If a person worked at Lehman Bros before the recession, and decided "hey there's some unethical stuff happing here that I don't wanna be a part of" and they decided to leave the company because it was in their best interest. They quit. It doesn't mean they didn't have good reason but the fact is they quit that job. No different than the Hausers. I'm sure feel they had good reason to leave, I'm sure it's better for them to showcase their skills, but the fact is they quit the team.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2019, 07:09:57 AM »

Personally, calling them a quitter doesn't seem like an over-reach or unfair.

When it extends to some of the sour grapes stuff, personal type attacks and trying to re-characterize their past contributions on the floor...that's where I scratch my head.

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2019, 08:23:58 AM »
Obviously the "hate" stuff is based on if they go to UW. I don't know how anyone can disagree with MU82 if that happens. If you are truly loyal to Marquette.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2019, 09:13:47 AM »
As I just wrote in the "love the Hausers" thread, I will stop using the word "quitters" when referring to the Hausers. My explanation is there, and I don't need to repeat it here.

That said, I still will "hate" them (as a fan) if they join our archrivals.

Carry on.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2019, 11:19:52 AM »
Accept it and embrace it.  Can’t wait to beat Wisconsin even more in December of 2020 at Fiserv.  I do wonder if some of our fans will be cheering for UW-madison if Wojo is still here during that game.

I wish I was being sarcastic, but that is the vibe I get from some of our fans at this point.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Goose

• All American
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2019, 11:24:25 AM »
Cheeks

I will NOT be cheering for the Badgers if Hausers end up there, even Wojo is still running the show at MU.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2019, 11:26:18 AM »
Accept it and embrace it.  Can’t wait to beat Wisconsin even more in December of 2020 at Fiserv.  I do wonder if some of our fans will be cheering for UW-madison if Wojo is still here during that game.

I wish I was being sarcastic, but that is the vibe I get from some of our fans at this point.

I share that concern, chicos, and I'm glad that anti-Wojo, pro-Hauser folks like Goose and Lenny say that won't be the case with them.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2019, 11:41:08 AM »
So apparently David Skogman has turned down a preferred walk-on offer from UW.  Makes sense for him since he has scholarship offers out there.  But why wouldn't UW make him a scholarship offer since they have two openings for next year?

Hmmmm.....
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2019, 11:52:47 AM »

If a person worked at Lehman Bros before the recession, and decided "hey there's some unethical stuff happing here that I don't wanna be a part of" and they decided to leave the company because it was in their best interest. They quit. It doesn't mean they didn't have good reason but the fact is they quit that job. No different than the Hausers. I'm sure feel they had good reason to leave, I'm sure it's better for them to showcase their skills, but the fact is they quit the team.

Exactly this.
I haven't, and won't, call them quitters, but I'm also tired of the narrative pushed by some here giving the Hausers some sort of altruistic motives for their decision, or worse yet, portraying it as it being about "winning." It's neither. They're leaving because they think they'll have a better chance of showcasing their skills at a place without a (likely) preseason all-American being the focal point of the offense.
That doesn't make them bad kids or anything like that. It doesn't make them martyrs either.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2019, 12:09:25 PM »
Exactly this.
I haven't, and won't, call them quitters, but I'm also tired of the narrative pushed by some here giving the Hausers some sort of altruistic motives for their decision, or worse yet, portraying it as it being about "winning." It's neither. They're leaving because they think they'll have a better chance of showcasing their skills at a place without a (likely) preseason all-American being the focal point of the offense.
That doesn't make them bad kids or anything like that. It doesn't make them martyrs either.

See I'll gladly call them quitters. If I left Marquette because an Ivy League school accepted me into their program  I'd have been quitting on Marquette. No shame in doing that, I'd be leaving to improve my chances later in life.

Everything else I agree with you on your agreement with me.
Maigh Eo for Sam

IrwinFletcher

• All American