[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Galway Eagle
[Today at 04:04:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If destination is UW  (Read 57686 times)

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
Re: If destination is UW
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2019, 12:17:38 PM »
Seems Iowa is getting a visit.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2019, 12:20:36 PM »

The preferred nomenclature is "uncoupling", hey?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2019, 01:47:33 PM »
I am issuing no orders to anybody.

Goose, you know I like you, but I'm not sure why you keep trying to claim I said something I didn't. This is at least the third time in the last 3 days you've done it. I don't think you'd appreciate the same treatment.

Frankly, it doesn't matter to me if you and anybody else continue with the Hauser bromances if that's what y'all want. Why would I care?

I appreciate what Sam did during his three seasons at Marquette. Whoever gets him will be getting a fine college basketball player for a season. But he and L'il Quitter quit Marquette. They are history. Yesterday's news.

And yes, I now have fan "hate" for them, just as I did this past season for other Marquette opponents. I think that's pretty normal. You're free to disagree.

I have addressed that previously. Those guys are OUR guys, and I support them the way I support any of our players. But if Utah State, Asheville and Nebraska consider them to be quitters ... well, to them they would be.

I'm a Warriors fan. I cheer Warriors. I don't cheer Cavaliers or Spartans ... and I sure as hell don't cheer F%ckyLand guys. If you want to, go ahead!

I won't be cheering for them, I just won't care about them anymore.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2019, 02:18:44 PM »

Joey played with Iowa stud frosh Joe for Iowa Barnstormers. #NoSecretVideos?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2019, 02:37:12 PM »
If they end up at Iowa, Madison may implode upon itself
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2019, 02:49:17 PM »

Either Gard would be drawn and quartered in broad daylight, or they would decide that the Hauser's are horrible and that whatever 2-star recruit they use the scholarships on is actually better.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2019, 02:54:00 PM »

Whiplash.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2019, 03:06:56 PM »
The two of them needing to play together is getting pretty hilarious.  Why don't they just go to UW-Stevens Point?  Does anyone else remember the woman couple that lived near campus that dressed identical in the 1970s-1980s?  That's what this is reminding me of.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 03:09:22 PM by NCMUFan »

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2019, 03:12:30 PM »
Accept it and embrace it.  Can’t wait to beat Wisconsin even more in December of 2020 at Fiserv.  I do wonder if some of our fans will be cheering for UW-madison if Wojo is still here during that game.

I wish I was being sarcastic, but that is the vibe I get from some of our fans at this point.

Absurd. If so they were never MU fans in the first place. The height of absurdity.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2019, 03:13:05 PM »
I have said I hope they go to Harvard-Madison because I will enjoy our alma mater beating them ... but I have to admit it would be delicious if they somehow end up at one of F%cky's B14 rivals!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2019, 04:32:33 PM »
Absurd. If so they were never MU fans in the first place. The height of absurdity.

No, it actually isn’t.  I can find you examples on this very board where fans in the past have said they hope we lose if it means X will get fired.  Nope, not absurd in the least.  Sad, yes.  Absurd, no....unfortunately. 

I was with a bunch of MU students in Colorado this past week, some of them quite close to the team members.  The topic came up about BBall and what’s going on.  One provided an example of the awkwardness currently going on when a current member of the team ( not MH ) said hello to one of the two departing players on Wells and there was no response.  Player again said hello as he was a little puzzled by the non response, and the departing player looked up and did the “hey” but not really, and kept on going.  As described to me, it was very awkward and unfortunate as the remaining player shook his head and went on his way. It was seen by several of the students.  I think those staying and going are in a tough spot and no doubt awkward.  I’m sure they mostly get along, but since everyone is together for the next few weeks until finals are over, this is the situation and awkward for many of the team.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2019, 04:34:15 PM »
https://twitter.com/wisbbyearbook/status/1120785085748449281?s=21

The idea of them playing in Virginia or MSU’s defensive scheme makes me chuckle.  I like them both, but just don’t see it.  Charade.  Becky bound and can’t wait to beat them.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2019, 04:34:32 PM »
No, it actually isn’t.  I can find you examples on this very board where fans in the past have said they hope we lose if it means X will get fired.  Nope, not absurd in the least.  Sad, yes.  Absurd, no....unfortunately. 

I was with a bunch of MU students in Colorado this past week, some of them quite close to the team members.  The topic came up about BBall and what’s going on.  One provided an example of the awkwardness currently going on when a current member of the team ( not MH ) said hello to one of the two departing players on Wells and there was no response.  Player again said hello as he was a little puzzled by the non response, and the departing player looked up and did the “hey” but not really, and kept on going.  As described to me, it was very awkward and unfortunate as the remaining player shook his head and went on his way. It was seen by several of the students.  I think those staying and going are in a tough spot and no doubt awkward.  I’m sure they mostly get along, but since everyone is together for the next few weeks until finals are over, this is the situation and awkward for many of the team.

Who's Sam and joeys roommates? Could be awkward if it's not each other.
Maigh Eo for Sam

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2019, 04:40:57 PM »
This smear campaign is the most predictable cheeks thing ever
No Finish Line

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2019, 04:48:29 PM »
Agreed—so classic.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2019, 04:59:13 PM »
I disagree about the smear.  Most of the support for the Hausers seems to be on the message boards.   I have yet to talk to any non MU people who follow hoops who support them.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2019, 05:01:15 PM »
And the less informed opinion is more valuable? I look at it the opposite way. I don’t put much stock in opinions from people who not only don’t care, but don’t know or understand
No Finish Line

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2019, 05:02:10 PM »

Yes. People have been terribly unfair to Markus here over the past week.
The good news is that 15 years from now, Markus' number will be in the rafters. The Hausers will be a couple of kids who passed through.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2019, 05:10:06 PM »
Yes, please

tower912

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2019, 05:13:20 PM »
And the less informed opinion is more valuable? I look at it the opposite way. I don’t put much stock in opinions from people who not only don’t care, but don’t know or understand
An objective opinion can be.  The consensus objective opinion among my friends, peers, coworkers who care enough about college basketball is that the Hausers left because they weren't getting the touches they wanted.  Which, to the observer with no skin in the game, is not something to be proud of.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2019, 05:24:37 PM »

Well, Iowa’s B-ball team may be the only non-Ivy who collects more white boys than UW.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2019, 06:06:11 PM »

Smear campaign?  Good Lord.  No...nothing of the sort.  By the way, if it is factual it isn’t a smear.  Second, I didn’t mention any names.  I also went out of my way to say the team seems to like each other, but it is awkward right now.

But hey, anything that might pose as something not 1000000000000% Wojo’s fault is going to be met with skepticism by you and a few others. 

Sorry, but this isn’t a 100% blame issue on either side, as much as you want to make it.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2019, 06:14:41 PM »
Somebody was walking down the street and said hello to one of the Hauser's who responded " “hey” but not really" . Wow! Stop the presses.

Chico's pretty desperate to come up with some inside information.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2019, 06:14:59 PM »
Smear campaign?  Good Lord.  No...nothing of the sort.  By the way, if it is factual it isn’t a smear.  Second, I didn’t mention any names.  I also went out of my way to say the team seems to like each other, but it is awkward right now.

But hey, anything that might pose as something not 1000000000000% Wojo’s fault is going to be met with skepticism by you and a few others. 

Sorry, but this isn’t a 100% blame issue on either side, as much as you want to make it.
Ok, 99.9% Wojo’s fault. If a large portion of my staff is disengaged due to my lack of leadership to the extent that many consider leaving and two of my most valued members do, that’s a me problem.
No Finish Line