collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2019-20  (Read 219508 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2019-20
« Reply #1000 on: November 24, 2019, 09:39:39 AM »
apparently he was showcasing some of his other talents for his fans while leaving an oklahoma steak house.  he really should be a little more careful so as not to strain a muscle or something

https://nypost.com/2019/11/23/lebron-james-farts-at-fans-after-they-ask-for-his-autograph/

That's funny. And disgusting.

He's also having an amazing season.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1001 on: November 24, 2019, 10:13:18 AM »
That's funny. And disgusting.

He's also having an amazing season.

Lots of farting by prominent people of late on camera....something in the food?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1002 on: November 24, 2019, 05:49:47 PM »
Lots of farting by prominent people of late on camera....something in the food?

and people are worried about the cows?
don't...don't don't don't don't

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1003 on: November 24, 2019, 05:55:48 PM »
Hard ta teech klass, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1004 on: November 25, 2019, 10:29:29 AM »
After injuries and other stuff ruined his Laker debut year, LeBron is having a pretty amazing season.

Other stuff?  You mean being cantankerous and putting in no effort on defense while alienating all his young teammates in an attempt to successfully run them off?  He's having a great year, but suddenly its all fun and games now that he has AD and a good role players?  Shocking.

I'll wait on the Lakers until they play the meat of their schedule.  The Lakers have one of the most amazing soft start schedules Ive seen.  12 of their 16 games have been against teams under .500.  They are 2-2 in those other 4 games. They play Dallas, Denver, and Utah to start December.  They already beat Dallas but that was before Luka turned into an inferno and Utah will be on the road.  Good benchmark games to see now that people are salivating over the Lakers winning 70+ and waltzing to a title as they destroy another 5 and 10 team  ::)

Meanwhile, speaking of Luka, he's averaging 35-10-10.5 over his last 5.  Thats insanity.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1005 on: November 25, 2019, 02:56:31 PM »
Other stuff?  You mean being cantankerous and putting in no effort on defense while alienating all his young teammates in an attempt to successfully run them off?  He's having a great year, but suddenly its all fun and games now that he has AD and a good role players?  Shocking.

I'll wait on the Lakers until they play the meat of their schedule.  The Lakers have one of the most amazing soft start schedules Ive seen.  12 of their 16 games have been against teams under .500.  They are 2-2 in those other 4 games. They play Dallas, Denver, and Utah to start December.  They already beat Dallas but that was before Luka turned into an inferno and Utah will be on the road.  Good benchmark games to see now that people are salivating over the Lakers winning 70+ and waltzing to a title as they destroy another 5 and 10 team  ::)

Meanwhile, speaking of Luka, he's averaging 35-10-10.5 over his last 5.  Thats insanity.

No effort on defense...you don’t say.

:-*
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1006 on: November 25, 2019, 03:27:27 PM »
No effort on defense...you don’t say.

:-*

Leave this thread to people that actually watch the sport. Stick to ruining the other threads with your trite wanking to the past nonsense. Thanks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1007 on: November 25, 2019, 03:42:52 PM »
Leave this thread to people that actually watch the sport. Stick to ruining the other threads with your trite wanking to the past nonsense. Thanks.

Exactly. He’s lacking attention so he’s here to ruin every thread. And then play the victim and claim it wasn’t his fault.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1008 on: November 25, 2019, 03:47:19 PM »
Fartin' at autograph seekers ain't kool, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1009 on: November 25, 2019, 03:49:59 PM »
Fartin' at autograph seekers ain't kool, hey?

Depends (use it anyway you want)
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1010 on: November 25, 2019, 05:27:23 PM »

LOL.  I'm just glad you acknowledged that defense is a joke in the NBA...Lebron a perfect example.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1011 on: November 25, 2019, 05:39:30 PM »
"NBA Defense is a Joke" ... brought to you by the people behind "What's with All the Tattoos?" and "These Guys Stink at Fundamentals."

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1012 on: November 25, 2019, 05:51:47 PM »
"NBA Defense is a Joke" ... brought to you by the people behind "What's with All the Tattoos?" and "These Guys Stink at Fundamentals."

Yes, Draymond Green....Kyrie Irving...Patrick Beverely...etc...all saying NBA doesn't play defense but "WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THE TATTOOS".

Wonder if they plan on having their tattoos removed.  Good one.

All about the points...keep those with no attention spans paying attention with points points points points.  OLE....OLE....OLE

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1013 on: November 25, 2019, 05:58:14 PM »
College defenses are so superior to the jokes that are NBA defenses that you could put the current Warriors (worst team...or pick whatever NBA team you want to with the worst offense) up against Virginia with NBA rules (3 point line, shot clock, etc.) and the Warriors/whatever NBA team would put up 150 easily.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 06:05:34 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1014 on: November 25, 2019, 06:04:08 PM »
Yes, Draymond Green....Kyrie Irving...Patrick Beverely...etc...all saying NBA doesn't play defense but "WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THE TATTOOS".

Wonder if they plan on having their tattoos removed.  Good one.

All about the points...keep those with no attention spans paying attention with points points points points.  OLE....OLE....OLE

Now the only people who enjoy the NBA are those without attention spans?  Aka millenials and those who aren't as basketball cultured and savvy?  You're such pompous douchebag man.  Thank god you have this outlet, otherwise you'd be degrading service staff and kicking dogs.

And if the NBA didn't play defense, Beverly wouldn't have a job.  But keep it up honey, you're doing great.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1015 on: November 25, 2019, 06:43:54 PM »
College defenses are so superior to the jokes that are NBA defenses that you could put the current Warriors (worst team...or pick whatever NBA team you want to with the worst offense) up against Virginia with NBA rules (3 point line, shot clock, etc.) and the Warriors/whatever NBA team would put up 150 easily.

I would hope so, they are all pros where most college teams have zero pros on them.  I would say 200.

The difference is effort, and actually being allowed to breathe on the offensive player, also not allowing 4 steps and the continuation nonsense in the NBA.  So yes, NBA players better...way way way better.  College players worse...way way way worse.  Desire, attitude, effort, also different between the two.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1016 on: November 25, 2019, 06:53:01 PM »
Now the only people who enjoy the NBA are those without attention spans?  Aka millenials and those who aren't as basketball cultured and savvy?  You're such pompous douchebag man.  Thank god you have this outlet, otherwise you'd be degrading service staff and kicking dogs.

And if the NBA didn't play defense, Beverly wouldn't have a job.  But keep it up honey, you're doing great.

Mr Beverley said he can no longer play defense the way it is supposed to be played.  He is a good defender and we all praise him like he is a insanely great because so few even put the effort into it like he does, that’s how much of a void there is now.

Mr. Green said it best, this is what the NBA wants...lots of points, make it exciting.  Our data shows the same thing, and the skewing of people who say it is way younger. Points points points.  If Harden needs to take 5 steps and it looks cool doing it...he deserves it.  Give an inch take a mile.

Incidentally I didn’t say only those with short attention spans, please read.

All these leagues are in a major panic (we all have the same data) to get those young eyeballs to watch....the ones glued to their phones, the ones that feel separation anxiety when they don’t have their phones (true...several studies) with them, so they are going to do whatever it takes to make it fast and entertaining. 

Baseball has the toughest job here.  Robot umpires? Being in the fences? Juice the balls? Make the games 7 innings? 

Basketball, before I’m 70 there will be a four point line.  Hockey will widen the nets sooner rather than later. Football will continue to make it more and more difficult to defend against the pass.  Just how it is.  They are in full blown panic because the numbers from the under 30’s are so bad at the moment.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 06:54:32 PM by Cheeks »

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1017 on: November 25, 2019, 07:08:03 PM »
I would hope so, they are all pros where most college teams have zero pros on them.  I would say 200.

The difference is effort, and actually being allowed to breathe on the offensive player, also not allowing 4 steps and the continuation nonsense in the NBA.  So yes, NBA players better...way way way better.  College players worse...way way way worse.  Desire, attitude, effort, also different between the two.
Why do I picture you in the cockpit with Kareem saying this?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1018 on: November 25, 2019, 08:32:59 PM »
I’m going to disagree. Some players can be lazy on defense no doubt. By and large NBA players play hard and physical as hell. You aren’t watching if you don’t see that. The fact of the matter is that unlike college players, NBA players make open shots and even we’ll defended shots consistently.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1019 on: November 25, 2019, 08:48:58 PM »
I’m going to disagree. Some players can be lazy on defense no doubt. By and large NBA players play hard and physical as hell. You aren’t watching if you don’t see that. The fact of the matter is that unlike college players, NBA players make open shots and even we’ll defended shots consistently.

All this.
The notion that these guys became the best players in the world while also being lazy is beyond dumb.
If they lacked desire, work ethic and the necessity attitude, they wouldn't be where they are today.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1020 on: November 25, 2019, 09:06:18 PM »
All this.
The notion that these guys became the best players in the world while also being lazy is beyond dumb.
If they lacked desire, work ethic and the necessity attitude, they wouldn't be where they are today.

Don’t forget any passion or love for the game. That vanishes when you put on an NBA jersey. Then you’re just a mercenary salaryman who only cares for green.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #1021 on: November 25, 2019, 09:19:46 PM »
The Bucks in the East and the Clippers in the West.

Nuggets, Jazz, and Rockets right there with the Lakers. I’d be surprised if the Lakers are in the WCF. Their top 2 are studs obviously. But they have just one other player averaging double figures and he’s at 12 PPG (Kuzma).

Good picks.  Think Laker studs slightly better than Clipper studs.  Will someone like Dwight Howard be an X factor?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1022 on: November 25, 2019, 11:26:20 PM »
Stick to sports, guys. You can go post that sh!t at Deadspin. Does Nielsen have a forum?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1023 on: November 26, 2019, 12:03:02 AM »
Why do I picture you in the cockpit with Kareem saying this?

We have clearance, Clarence.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1024 on: November 26, 2019, 12:05:34 AM »

I’m curious why you thought those guys went on record to say that about defense?  Incidentally there were about 5 or 6 others that also did, but figured the point was made?  That’s quite a few players willing to state it publicly and not just also ran players.