[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2019-20  (Read 219486 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2018-19
« Reply #600 on: May 19, 2019, 09:06:17 PM »
I’m certain Budenholzer is in on the fix tonight. I cannot for the life of me come up with any other reason that Bledsoe would be back in the game after the Bucks go on a run to tie the game...then to start overtime...then to start double overtime.

NBA couldn’t have both Conference Finals at 3-0.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #601 on: May 19, 2019, 09:18:06 PM »
I’m certain Budenholzer is in on the fix tonight. I cannot for the life of me come up with any other reason that Bledsoe would be back in the game after the Bucks go on a run to tie the game...then to start overtime...then to start double overtime.

NBA couldn’t have both Conference Finals at 3-0.

Only thing I can think of is guys needing rest.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #602 on: May 19, 2019, 09:31:30 PM »
They needed to get the ball inside and he’s good at it. He also is a very good perimeter defender. But he was bad tonight. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #603 on: May 19, 2019, 09:42:03 PM »
Bledsoe has been bad for a good chunk of the playoffs.

So frustrating tonight. Had every chance to kill this series off.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #604 on: May 20, 2019, 11:21:40 PM »
Warriors looking unreal right now. Almost like they conserve their energy in the first half cause their 3rd quarters have been unstoppable.

For all his criticism, Draymond has been an absolute joy to watch this series. High energy, making plays all over on both ends, and lifting up his teammates constantly. McKinnie made a great rebound and putback in OT and Draymond was in his ear immediately at the next timeout praising him.

Also, Steph caps off the “Rumors of My Demise Were Greatly Exaggerated” series with a 37 point triple double. Guess he shook off that missed dunk in Houston

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #605 on: May 21, 2019, 12:36:14 AM »
Hey, number 1 seed makes the finals...again.

Not so crapshooty in the NBA...again.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #606 on: May 21, 2019, 06:36:59 AM »

What do you mean “...again?”

Neither number 1 seed made the Finals last year...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #607 on: May 21, 2019, 06:50:08 AM »

jfc, you are annoying

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #608 on: May 21, 2019, 08:01:35 AM »

Are you an annoying little pest in person too?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #609 on: May 21, 2019, 11:08:10 AM »
Wall Street Journal with a scorching hot take this morning:

@WSJ
The Warriors would not be a dynasty without Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala and Kevin Durant on.wsj.com/2VV6Ix2

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #610 on: May 21, 2019, 11:15:01 AM »
What do you mean “...again?”

Neither number 1 seed made the Finals last year...

Again, meaning if you read some of the articles that I posted on who wins NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, etc, the NBA by far (not even close) has the top teams make it into the finals.  Again.  Furthermore, let’s not confuse top seed in the playoffs = best team.  You are also a function of your schedule, and if you play in a weaker division or conference you get to pile up more wins. 

So yes, Again.   What was the number posted, something ridiculous like the last 30 nba champions only a small handful were not considered the best team going into the playoffs. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #611 on: May 21, 2019, 01:37:52 PM »

@WSJ
The Warriors would not be a dynasty without Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala and Kevin Durant on.wsj.com/2VV6Ix2

But hey, the writer has a point.

The Bulls wouldn't have been a dynasty without Jordan, Pippen and a few others, either. And take all the good players away from the old Celtics, and they would have only had bad players!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #612 on: May 21, 2019, 01:41:55 PM »
But hey, the writer has a point.

The Bulls wouldn't have been a dynasty without Jordan, Pippen and a few others, either. And take all the good players away from the old Celtics, and they would have only had bad players!

Well, you can't deny that if the Celtics hadn't won all of those championships, they wouldn't have won those championships.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #613 on: May 21, 2019, 02:00:50 PM »

@WSJ

Magic Johnson must be the new sportswriter for WSJ.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #614 on: May 21, 2019, 03:21:53 PM »
Again, meaning if you read some of the articles that I posted on who wins NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, etc, the NBA by far (not even close) has the top teams make it into the finals.  Again.  Furthermore, let’s not confuse top seed in the playoffs = best team.  You are also a function of your schedule, and if you play in a weaker division or conference you get to pile up more wins. 

So yes, Again.   What was the number posted, something ridiculous like the last 30 nba champions only a small handful were not considered the best team going into the playoffs.

Okay.  I guess I will apologize for you that you wrote the number one seed is again in the NBA Finals, when you meant to say that the best team and not the number one seed is in the NBA Finals?  You're the one who brought up the one seed...

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #615 on: May 21, 2019, 04:35:10 PM »
The ink in the WSJ last week, along with this piece reiterates what the results of hard work and dedication can be. Coming back from hip surgery, #5 has lost 35 lbs. by changing his diet, but added needed muscle. Kerr calls him the smartest player on their team. Great success for a very deserving young man. I've shared a number with him that I think is attainable this summer in free agency. Let's just say I'm very happy for him. I know how hard he's worked.

Steve Kerr: "[Kevon] Looney has become one of our foundational pieces"
Last summer, any team could have snapped up Kevon Looney and had him for just a little over the minimum. The Warriors had not picked up his fourth-year option. Part of that was financial, but he hadn’t blown the doors off anybody — he was averaging just 4 points a game for the Warriors — but he was healthy and had become part of the Warriors rotation. The Warriors saw the potential, but nobody else stepped up. Looney returned to the Warriors on a $1.6 million, one year contract.
He’s going to make a lot more this July as an unrestricted free agent after a strong season — establishing himself before DeMarcus Cousins got healthy — and stronger playoffs. The Warriors’ goal is to keep him.
“Looney has become one of our foundational pieces. He does this every single night,” Warriors coach Steve Kerr said after his team eliminated Portland from the playoffs, a game where Looney had 12 points and 14 rebounds off the bench. “I think one thing that we’ve seen in almost every series, is as the game goes on and players get tired, Loon gets more and more rebounds. He just has a knack for the ball. Really long arms. Great feel for the game. And so his rebounding, I think he had 14 tonight, a bunch of offensive boards [four]. Really a big key for us.”
Looney was taken aback by those comments, talking to Anthony Slater of The Athletic.
The question becomes, can the Warriors afford to keep him?
Golden State undoubtedly wants to, team president Bob Myers called him a priority, but then admitted the Warriors have a lot of priorities this summer. Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson will get max offers (Thompson will sign his, Durant is another story), plus there is DeMarcus Cousins, the possibility Shaun Livingston retires, and more. The Warriors are going to be a tax paying team, but how much tax will they pay to keep Looney as their starting center?
Unlike last summer, Looney’s phone will ring with offers from other teams, an athletic big man who is active on the glass is in demand. However, with the way the game is shifting, demand for centers also is down, which could favor Golden State because the market for Looney may not be crazy.
Looney, who has never made more than $1.6 million, is going to take the most money, as he should — this is his kick at the can. This is his chance to set himself and his family up for life.
Looney could be one of those guys on the board for a while this summer as he and others wait for the first big dominoes to fall, then the other big-name centers to be snapped up — Nikola Vucevic, DeAndre Jordan, Cousins, etc. But Looney is going to have options. The Warriors will be one of them, but another team may try to come in over the top.
It’s hard to predict what happens to Looney this summer. All we know is he has won the Warriors over.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #616 on: May 21, 2019, 05:21:58 PM »
The ink in the WSJ last week, along with this piece reiterates what the results of hard work and dedication can be. Coming back from hip surgery, #5 has lost 35 lbs. by changing his diet, but added needed muscle. Kerr calls him the smartest player on their team. Great success for a very deserving young man. I've shared a number with him that I think is attainable this summer in free agency. Let's just say I'm very happy for him. I know how hard he's worked.

Last summer, any team could have snapped up Kevon Looney and had him for just a little over the minimum. The Warriors had not picked up his fourth-year option. Part of that was financial, but he hadn’t blown the doors off anybody — he was averaging just 4 points a game for the Warriors — but he was healthy and had become part of the Warriors rotation. The Warriors saw the potential, but nobody else stepped up. Looney returned to the Warriors on a $1.6 million, one year contract.
He’s going to make a lot more this July as an unrestricted free agent after a strong season — establishing himself before DeMarcus Cousins got healthy — and stronger playoffs. The Warriors’ goal is to keep him.
“Looney has become one of our foundational pieces. He does this every single night,” Warriors coach Steve Kerr said after his team eliminated Portland from the playoffs, a game where Looney had 12 points and 14 rebounds off the bench. “I think one thing that we’ve seen in almost every series, is as the game goes on and players get tired, Loon gets more and more rebounds. He just has a knack for the ball. Really long arms. Great feel for the game. And so his rebounding, I think he had 14 tonight, a bunch of offensive boards [four]. Really a big key for us.”
Looney was taken aback by those comments, talking to Anthony Slater of The Athletic.
Golden State undoubtedly wants to, team president Bob Myers called him a priority, but then admitted the Warriors have a lot of priorities this summer. Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson will get max offers (Thompson will sign his, Durant is another story), plus there is DeMarcus Cousins, the possibility Shaun Livingston retires, and more. The Warriors are going to be a tax paying team, but how much tax will they pay to keep Looney as their starting center?
Unlike last summer, Looney’s phone will ring with offers from other teams, an athletic big man who is active on the glass is in demand. However, with the way the game is shifting, demand for centers also is down, which could favor Golden State because the market for Looney may not be crazy.
Looney, who has never made more than $1.6 million, is going to take the most money, as he should — this is his kick at the can. This is his chance to set himself and his family up for life.
Looney could be one of those guys on the board for a while this summer as he and others wait for the first big dominoes to fall, then the other big-name centers to be snapped up — Nikola Vucevic, DeAndre Jordan, Cousins, etc. But Looney is going to have options. The Warriors will be one of them, but another team may try to come in over the top.
It’s hard to predict what happens to Looney this summer. All we know is he has won the Warriors over.
4 u dis is a lotta text, I have a toothache?
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #617 on: May 21, 2019, 08:38:57 PM »
Bonehedded play bye Middleton ta end da half. Give him da max. Bledsoe, give him da air, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #618 on: May 21, 2019, 09:15:15 PM »

Do you know the guy?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #619 on: May 21, 2019, 09:31:20 PM »
Neva herd of 'im, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #620 on: May 21, 2019, 10:07:27 PM »
Doc has a man-crush on Looney fer sure.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #621 on: May 21, 2019, 10:14:23 PM »
Neva herd of 'im, hey?

you keepin his grill real, right doc?

don't...don't don't don't don't

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #622 on: May 22, 2019, 06:07:59 AM »
Bucks defense has absolutely disappeared

MU82

• All American
« Reply #623 on: May 22, 2019, 08:37:09 AM »
Bucks defense has absolutely disappeared

They'll play better at home.

This is looking like one of those classic all-home-cookin' series. That's why you play well all season -- to win a series like this.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 10:30:41 AM by MU82 »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #624 on: May 22, 2019, 09:57:19 AM »
Looney has been excellent the entire playoffs. Reliable guy who knows his role. Smart player.