[Today at 02:05:43 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MU82
[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NCAA recent investigations  (Read 121361 times)

mileskishnish72

• All American
Re: NCAA recent investigations
« Reply #425 on: May 04, 2019, 02:36:04 PM »
My apologies. I was wrong.

Circle the date on the calendar! A Scoop first!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
don't...don't don't don't don't

muguru

• All American
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #428 on: May 04, 2019, 10:04:24 PM »
Not so much...

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/1124846817491992578
I don't believe this. If true it's just a matter of time before Arizona is under investigation. Good friends who are UofA alum know that Miller is guilty.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #429 on: May 04, 2019, 10:08:47 PM »
I don't believe this. If true it's just a matter of time before Arizona is under investigation. Good friends who are UofA alum know that Miller is guilty.

EVERYONE knows he's guilty...except a lot of AZ fans, and apparently the AD and president. That's the only reason he still has a job.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #430 on: May 05, 2019, 08:39:04 AM »
EVERYONE knows he's guilty...except a lot of AZ fans, and apparently the AD and president. That's the only reason he still has a job.

Not so sure about that. There are millions of dollars in payments due Miller if this is not handled correctly. Administration and Trustees are being very careful.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #431 on: May 05, 2019, 09:00:08 AM »
Not so much...

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/1124846817491992578

That really says there is no NEW investigation.  The previous investigation is still ongoing?  probably. New focus on the old investigation?   maybe.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #432 on: May 06, 2019, 08:02:26 AM »
So when does Northern Arizona or Grand Canyon U or some other Arizona school go on probation for this?

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #433 on: May 06, 2019, 11:04:46 AM »
So when does Northern Arizona or Grand Canyon U or some other Arizona school go on probation for this?

I think C State hasn't met their Quota yet.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

muguru

• All American
« Reply #434 on: May 06, 2019, 11:17:09 AM »
Not so sure about that. There are millions of dollars in payments due Miller if this is not handled correctly. Administration and Trustees are being very careful.

I mean all the NCAA has to do is slap them with "lack of institutional control" which seems pretty much a foregone conclusion, and he has to go, right?? Heck, If I were Arizona, I'd get out ahead of the mob, and fire him and cite whatever NCAA bylaw it is that says the Head Coach is responsible for knowing everything that goes on in his program. That's essentially what got Pitino fired.

muguru

• All American

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #437 on: June 12, 2019, 05:17:04 PM »
Someone tell Nico Mannion we still have a scholarship open.

Nico will be long gone from Arizona before any actual punishments take effect.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #438 on: June 12, 2019, 08:58:56 PM »
I took a quick look at the AZ and KU boards; lot's of very angry fans who want the NCAA disbanded and some resigned to the probable outcome of post season bans and coaches being fired. I love the few that "know" their school did nothing wrong and don't understand why other posters are worried at all. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #439 on: June 12, 2019, 09:21:10 PM »
I took a quick look at the AZ and KU boards; lot's of very angry fans who want the NCAA disbanded and some resigned to the probable outcome of post season bans and coaches being fired. I love the few that "know" their school did nothing wrong and don't understand why other posters are worried at all.

The only thing that has me concerned that AZ and KU MIGHT go unscathed, or at least get minor sanctions is the article says "Wilcox said only those schools involved in eligibility issues would be impacted".

Did either KU or ARZ have players with Eligibility issues?? I guess DeSousa played a few games the one year, right?? But his guardian took $2500. What's the worst that happens to them in that instance?? Maybe a loss of a scholarship. I don't see(would love it though) a postseason ban.

I sure as hell hope this isn't all tough talk by the NCAA and the hammer really comes down. Although, even if they do, doubtful anything really happens to the shcools this year, and in KU and ARZ's case I think that's what their fans want to avoid the most because they see their teams as legit national title contenders. At least KU does.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #440 on: June 12, 2019, 09:48:48 PM »
I mean, Ayton should've been ineligible based on what we know. Same for Alkins & Trier. I'm not sure Kansas will be the other. They reinstated De Sousa and Preston never played. Still seems like Auburn, LSU, Louisville, & Oregon are likely to be named. Maybe the Cards are the other "major program" and NC State gets caught up.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #441 on: June 12, 2019, 10:10:27 PM »
I mean, Ayton should've been ineligible based on what we know. Same for Alkins & Trier. I'm not sure Kansas will be the other. They reinstated De Sousa and Preston never played. Still seems like Auburn, LSU, Louisville, & Oregon are likely to be named. Maybe the Cards are the other "major program" and NC State gets caught up.

Where they may nail Kansas is on Self. Asking and directing for bribes to players. No-one officially ineligible, but major, major violations for Kansas.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #442 on: June 12, 2019, 10:21:59 PM »
I dunno.

I'll believe one of these big-time coaches will be harshly punished when I see it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #443 on: June 12, 2019, 10:24:51 PM »
Where they may nail Kansas is on Self. Asking and directing for bribes to players. No-one officially ineligible, but major, major violations for Kansas.

But that was never submitted as evidence in the trial(s), so the NCAA can't use that.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #444 on: June 12, 2019, 10:28:15 PM »
I 'ii  believe it when it happens.  I'm in Tark's camp on this, maybe C-State has to duck, but the Golden Goose wouldn't be bruised maybe it's feathers will be ruffled a little.

Hope I'm wrong.

" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #445 on: June 12, 2019, 10:28:35 PM »
I dunno.

I'll believe one of these big-time coaches will be harshly punished when I see it.

Richard Pitino
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #446 on: June 12, 2019, 10:40:56 PM »
Richard Pitino

Good catch, chicos.

I think Pitino might still be there if he didn't have so much other baggage, but he certainly was punished for his role in this scandal.

Now let's see who else ... maybe even somebody who didn't hire hookers for his players.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #447 on: June 18, 2019, 09:27:27 PM »
Will Wade with another high quality recruit to commit.

#cheatersprosper

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #448 on: June 18, 2019, 09:43:26 PM »

I-L-L.......I-N-I
(Circa 1990s)
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #449 on: June 18, 2019, 09:49:26 PM »
Richard Pitino

Is being sent to Minnesota now considered a punishment?

feedback