collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Mexico?  (Read 30754 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Mexico?
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2018, 10:48:58 PM »
Glow and I have been through Idaho a couple of times with the family during family driving trips.  On one trip we took a slight detour to visit Preston, Idaho, home of Napoleon Dynamite.  With no map and without much effort, we found the high school, the Pop n Pins bowling alley, Rex Kwan Do (yes, it's a real place), Summer Wheatley's house, and to top things off, we discovered  Uncle Rico's van parked in the driveway of a random house.  We got out of the  car to take a closer look, and on the dashboard was a small sign that said, "Yes, this is Uncle Rico's van."

Great stuff!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2018, 11:17:46 PM »
Glow and I have been through Idaho a couple of times with the family during family driving trips.  On one trip we took a slight detour to visit Preston, Idaho, home of Napoleon Dynamite.  With no map and without much effort, we found the high school, the Pop n Pins bowling alley, Rex Kwan Do (yes, it's a real place), Summer Wheatley's house, and to top things off, we discovered  Uncle Rico's van parked in the driveway of a random house.  We got out of the  car to take a closer look, and on the dashboard was a small sign that said, "Yes, this is Uncle Rico's van."

My least favorite movie of all time.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2018, 12:02:24 AM »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2018, 05:27:04 AM »
Ha, I’ve done the 4 your missing.

Pro tips....in Idaho, learn to pronounce Boise. In Wyoming, don’t wear a PETA T-shirt.

boise is like boyseeeee eyn'a?  ok, wyomin likes their meat, but what about glooootin-free-that's the ticket right there
don't...don't don't don't don't

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2018, 09:36:13 AM »
My least favorite movie of all time.

Regardless, it's still a helluva story Chitown.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2018, 09:38:28 AM »
I'm surprised at all the folks who have made it to North Dakota.  Few ever get there.  My one visit was as a youth when my parents had done a Pacific NW trip that included the beautiful Lake Louise.  We came back home through the state.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2018, 09:47:34 AM »
Speaking of 'sham' visits, that kinda how my first Louisiana trip happened only 2-3 years ago.  Was driving across eastern Texas and decided to hit the corner near Shreveport rather than head straight toward Texarkana.  Funny that not 6 months later Chick and I decided on a Big Easy long weekend.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2018, 09:52:59 AM »

Holy crap....... Road trip!  JB, Chili..... Game watching party!

http://unclericovan.com/

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2018, 01:00:43 PM »
Holy crap....... Road trip!  JB, Chili..... Game watching party!

http://unclericovan.com/

Kin, you're welcome any time. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2018, 02:56:54 PM »
Also, don't be the idiot American I saw in the airport getting angry at a cashier because he didn't know how expensive the country was.
In Norway I saw an idiot American get pissed because the guy with the ice cream cart didn't take U.S. dollars.  I asked him (the American) if he accepted knoner when back home.  He just looked confused.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2018, 04:13:54 PM »
In Norway I saw an idiot American get pissed because the guy with the ice cream cart didn't take U.S. dollars.  I asked him (the American) if he accepted knoner when back home.  He just looked confused.

I've seen Americans get pissed because some random person they stopped on the street in Germany or Italy didn't speak English.  No wonder everyone hates us.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2018, 09:44:26 PM »
this just in USA today, today-

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/03/31/mexico-tourist-fears-violence-cancun-los-cabos/471115002/

easy for us to make judgments about the relative safety of mexico from here.  i can't imagine this paper has an agenda against mexico.  over 29,000(THOUSAND with a T???) homicides in 2017 and so far they are up 21%-sorry, but they better get this schmit taken care of. i had to read that twice thinking it was a typo, but... i can think of many other places to go for a little R & R

good thing they ain't mass shootings with assault rifles though, i don't think anyway

MU82

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2018, 10:08:56 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/03/31/mexico-tourist-fears-violence-cancun-los-cabos/471115002/

easy for us to make judgments about the relative safety of mexico from here.  i can't imagine this paper has an agenda against mexico.  over 29,000(THOUSAND with a T???) homicides in 2017 and so far they are up 21%-sorry, but they better get this schmit taken care of. i had to read that twice thinking it was a typo, but... i can think of many other places to go for a little R & R

good thing they ain't mass shootings with assault rifles though, i don't think anyway

Oh great ... we're going to both Cancun AND Cabo!

rocket, being of so-so mind and slightly doughy body, I hereby bequeath to you and chicos my Yogi and Boo Boo DVD collection.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2018, 07:19:06 AM »
Oh great ... we're going to both Cancun AND Cabo!

rocket, being of so-so mind and slightly doughy body, I hereby bequeath to you and chicos my Yogi and Boo Boo DVD collection.

I must be missing something but rest assured, the yogi and boo collection stands to make bank on eBay eyna?  “Doughy body”??  I’m chiseled slightly better than one Davonte Gardner at his best  ;)

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2018, 07:44:31 AM »

Looks like Mexico is catching up to Chicago.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2018, 08:12:42 AM »
I've seen Americans get pissed because some random person they stopped on the street in Germany or Italy didn't speak English.  No wonder everyone hates us.

The Brits and the Chinese have replaced us as the most hated travelers. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2018, 11:38:06 AM »
I must be missing something but rest assured, the yogi and boo collection stands to make bank on eBay eyna?  “Doughy body”??  I’m chiseled slightly better than one Davonte Gardner at his best  ;)

Read it again, rocket. I am the one with the slightly doughy body. I am working out to get in shape for our Mexico trip, though. Based on everything I'm reading here, it will be my last days on earth, so I might as well go out looking fine.

You and Yogi will have to get together over a lovely cabernet to decide what to do with the DVDs.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2018, 04:56:15 PM »
Read it again, rocket. I am the one with the slightly doughy body. I am working out to get in shape for our Mexico trip, though. Based on everything I'm reading here, it will be my last days on earth, so I might as well go out looking fine.

You and Yogi will have to get together over a lovely cabernet to decide what to do with the DVDs.

ohhhh, i get it.  well either go out looking good or save yourself some time and sweat and have another piece of pizza.  have fun, enjoy-i'm sure you'll be just fine.  they are beautiful places!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2018, 06:11:50 PM »

Pix?

MU82

• All American

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2018, 06:42:03 PM »
F*ckin' said he wuz on Spring break. Didn't reely tink he'd post a selfie, doe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2018, 06:43:39 PM »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2018, 06:47:42 PM »
Day 2 in Cabo so far.

Fiancee and I have neither been drugged nor murdered. Smooth sailing. Lots of sun, pool and booze.

Of course, we haven't left the resort either.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2018, 07:46:45 PM »
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2018, 09:01:14 PM »
Mike, why the political crap in your signature???
A quote from a hero of the right?  How is this a problem?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

feedback