collapse

* Recent Posts

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:01:08 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Scoop Airport/Hotel/Travel Thread  (Read 198924 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Scoop Airport/Hotel/Travel Thread
« Reply #850 on: June 03, 2021, 12:12:47 PM »
Might as well swing by New Glarus too.

No food, unfortunately.

Wait, do you not like NG?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #851 on: June 03, 2021, 12:18:15 PM »
...and we got immediately to the front of the line of every ride. Not even Fast Pass front of line, like “you’re next” front of the line...

When we went to Universal we made the calculated decision to stay in their over-priced hotel because it included fast passes for all of us - a $500 value (and also allowed us into the park an hourly early). It was the first time I ever had a fast pass. Honestly, it probably ruined amusement parks for me for life. I don't think I could ever go without a fast pass, and I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay for one.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #852 on: June 03, 2021, 12:46:07 PM »
No food, unfortunately.

Wait, do you not like NG?

So overrated.

WI Brewing, Capitol, Karben 4 all much better options.  Haven't been to Ale Asylum but like their beers too.

I thought Deb would follow the science and reopen??

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #853 on: June 03, 2021, 12:52:50 PM »
So overrated.

WI Brewing, Capitol, Karben 4 all much better options.  Haven't been to Ale Asylum but like their beers too.

I really like New Glarus beers. I think Spotted Cow is overrated. Still good, but definitely not their best. The location is really cool, but I agree, if you have easy access to New Glarus beers, it’s a little underwhelming. They really only have on tap the widely available beers.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #854 on: June 03, 2021, 01:00:52 PM »
So overrated.

None of those are in the twin cities, I could tell stories about Capitol that would ruin any good impressions you have.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #855 on: June 03, 2021, 01:17:53 PM »
None of those are in the twin cities, I could tell stories about Capitol that would ruin any good impressions you have.

Not in Mpls?  No chit.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #856 on: June 03, 2021, 01:20:46 PM »
So overrated.

Hard disagree on all accounts.  WI Brewing and Captal make the most boring average beers in the entire area.  K4 and AA are running into the opposite problem.  They're bored and makings 10000 different types of beer and not deciding if the beer they're brewing is actually good.  IMO, if you want a good brewery in Madison check out Delta Beer Labs (off of Rimrock Rd) or Young Blood Brewing (Downtown).

New Glarus is widely considered the best brewery in the state.  Now, I will disagree that it is, and I think they're getting a tad lazy.  Best brewery (IMO) is Central Waters.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #857 on: June 03, 2021, 01:23:44 PM »
I really like New Glarus beers. I think Spotted Cow is overrated. Still good, but definitely not their best. The location is really cool, but I agree, if you have easy access to New Glarus beers, it’s a little underwhelming. They really only have on tap the widely available beers.

Hmmmm not my experience at all.   A couple of years ago, they had thumbprint stuff and some anniversary stuff on tap outside.  Gorgeous day with my extended family that ended with two of the less experienced beer drinkers tossing their malted barley at Sugar River pizza.

If you're in that area again, be sure to hit up Bailey's Run winery up the hill to the West of town.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #858 on: June 03, 2021, 01:31:58 PM »
Hard disagree on all accounts.  WI Brewing and Captal make the most boring average beers in the entire area.  K4 and AA are running into the opposite problem.  They're bored and makings 10000 different types of beer and not deciding if the beer they're brewing is actually good.  IMO, if you want a good brewery in Madison check out Delta Beer Labs (off of Rimrock Rd) or Young Blood Brewing (Downtown).

New Glarus is widely considered the best brewery in the state.  Now, I will disagree that it is, and I think they're getting a tad lazy.  Best brewery (IMO) is Central Waters.

Agreed on Central Waters.  3 Sheep's fresh coast pale is good too.

Just don't like any New Glarus beers.  Different strokes, aina.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #859 on: June 03, 2021, 01:47:46 PM »
So overrated.

WI Brewing

Not a great example. Corporate, generic recipe following and not interesting. Unless something has changed in the last couple years.

New Glarus is overrated.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #860 on: June 03, 2021, 01:49:10 PM »
Hmmmm not my experience at all.   A couple of years ago, they had thumbprint stuff and some anniversary stuff on tap outside.  Gorgeous day with my extended family that ended with two of the less experienced beer drinkers tossing their malted barley at Sugar River pizza.

If you're in that area again, be sure to hit up Bailey's Run winery up the hill to the West of town.

Interesting. Maybe I went at unlucky times. Their facilities were incredibly nice.

We did do Baileys Run and it was a lot of fun. I would echo the recommendation. Having a Golden Doodle ourselves just added to it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #861 on: June 03, 2021, 01:56:03 PM »
Cool so the recommendation is stop in Madison on the way back but not WI brewery got it
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #862 on: June 03, 2021, 03:03:56 PM »

We agree here. I used to enjoy the bocks Capital made but those declined when Kirby left. AA still makes a couple decent beer, but nothing special. Yet to have anything from K4 that I loved.

Young Blood is fun... they have their hits and misses but I've liked most of what I've had from them.

I appreciate what NG does. Yes, Spotted Cow is overrated. But they brew to style and do it well. And the fruit/thumbprint beers are always worth a buy.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 03:06:01 PM by MUfan12 »

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #863 on: June 03, 2021, 03:24:20 PM »
Hot take here and Sconnies will probably burn me alive for it...

Most Wisconsin breweries are overrated. There are better breweries in the city of Chicago alone than the entire state of Wisconsin. Some of the best....

Dovetail
Half Acre
Metropolitan
Alarmist
Argus
Begyle
Maplewood
Old Irving
Pipeworks

And that's not even counting the big boys like Revolution, Lagunitas and Goose Island which are overrated.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 03:28:05 PM by Coleman »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #864 on: June 03, 2021, 03:30:21 PM »

Most Wisconsin breweries are overrated. There are better breweries in the city of Chicago alone than the entire state of Wisconsin. Some of the best....

Dovetail
Half Acre
Metropolitan
Alarmist
Argus
Begyle
Maplewood
Old Irving
Pipeworks

And that's not even counting the big boys like Revolution, Lagunitas and Goose Island which are overrated.

Lagunitas is Petaluma, CA... they just ran out of water!

Also, hard disagree.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #865 on: June 03, 2021, 03:32:27 PM »
Cool so the recommendation is stop in Madison on the way back but not WI brewery got it

Ale Asylum, Karben 4 and One Barrell are the best in Madison.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #866 on: June 03, 2021, 04:08:59 PM »
If you are up that way, Some Nerve Brewing in Manitowish Waters has some very tasty beers with great names (Including Cream Abdul Jabar Cream Ale) . The owners are fun people, too.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #867 on: June 03, 2021, 07:12:24 PM »
On Hards' word earlier I decided to stop with my fiancé at Youngblood

Beer was great! Food was not...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 08:58:17 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #868 on: June 03, 2021, 07:17:15 PM »

Dovetail
Half Acre
Metropolitan
Alarmist
Argus
Begyle
Maplewood
Old Irving
Pipeworks

Cant speak for alarmist or Argus, and I think old Irving is overrated but every other one I agree and would add Whiner to that list before we even consider the suburbs

Also Begyle does a colab with Galway Bay Brewery that's phenomenal
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 07:37:44 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #869 on: June 03, 2021, 11:06:20 PM »

Can't beat WI Brewing outside on a summer weekend night.  Tons of people, food service (usually a non profit), live music, and a great environment (at least until Costco goes in across the street. )

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #870 on: June 04, 2021, 06:17:05 AM »
Can't beat WI Brewing outside on a summer weekend night.  Tons of people, food service (usually a non profit), live music, and a great environment (at least until Costco goes in across the street. )

Well unless you like beer.  ;)

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #871 on: June 04, 2021, 07:22:56 AM »
When we went to Universal we made the calculated decision to stay in their over-priced hotel because it included fast passes for all of us - a $500 value (and also allowed us into the park an hourly early). It was the first time I ever had a fast pass. Honestly, it probably ruined amusement parks for me for life. I don't think I could ever go without a fast pass, and I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay for one.

A few years ago, we evacuated the east coast due to approaching cat 5 hurricane. Went to the Tampa area. The hurricane slowed, so great weather, school was still in for the Tampa area kids. Ours went to Busch Gardens. Basically had the place to themselves. Less than 1000 people entered the park that day. It got to the point they just rode some coasters repeatedly without getting off. Talk about being spoiled.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #872 on: June 04, 2021, 08:57:21 AM »

Big +1.  WI Brewing definitely has the best venue to just hang out.  And if you're a dog person, all the more. Most dog friendly place in the city.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #873 on: June 04, 2021, 09:44:11 AM »
I was at Disney World with my Florida friends the December after 9/11. I played at every exhibit and rode every ride at Epcot with no wait anywhere on the extra day I stayed after they left.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #874 on: June 04, 2021, 10:07:51 AM »
Big +1.  WI Brewing definitely has the best venue to just hang out.  And if you're a dog person, all the more. Most dog friendly place in the city.

City of Verona, maybe.  I don't know Verona that well.   ;D