[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by Daniel
[Today at 07:04:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Froling's role in conference play  (Read 30880 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Froling's role in conference play
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2018, 10:54:37 AM »
Current value add:

Heldt 2.72
John  0.17
Froling  0.00

Theo and Harry are replacement level players at the moment.  Their negatives balance out the positives (Theo's foul rate, Harry's eFG, TO rate for both).

Matt isn't great but he minimizes negative plays and provides his positives very efficiently.  But when Theo and Harry catchup, they could blow right past Matt.  At least that is my hope.
I feel like Theo is catching up pretty quickly.  Much better foul rate and improved offensive game.  Needs work on his rebounding though, but I love his rim protection.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2018, 02:03:03 PM »
Heldt just need to be the Ousmane Barro of the Amigos era now.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2018, 12:38:34 PM »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2018, 02:58:24 PM »
Harry 27 mp. Matt & Theo combined: 11.

#WeDoThis

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2018, 03:13:23 PM »
Harry 27 mp. Matt & Theo combined: 11.

#WeDoThis

Harry looked good in the first half, but he was a little quiet in the second. Probably partly conditioning and partly backing off due to foul trouble. Now that he's playing a true 5 role, he's really making some nice contributions on offense. I don't think he missed a shot today. And even though he didn't grab many boards, which is odd for him, I think he poked a few out to other guys.

I'm happy with the change in his game, personally. He's good in the paint, and he's playing there a lot more now than he did for the first half of his season. Hopefully he keeps this up and carries his confidence playing down low into next season.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2018, 03:19:45 PM »
One thing I've noticed about Harry is he seems indecisive in the post at times.  He'll make a solid move but instead of going up with little hook shot he'll hesitate or look to pass.  He seems comfortable catching the ball and getting in position to score so hoping to see some progress here. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2018, 03:25:17 PM »
One thing I've noticed about Harry is he seems indecisive in the post at times.  He'll make a solid move but instead of going up with little hook shot he'll hesitate or look to pass.  He seems comfortable catching the ball and getting in position to score so hoping to see some progress here.

I think this is a confidence issue.  As he gets used to game speed/situations that indecisiveness will go away.  Pleased with his progress so far and hope it continues. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #157 on: January 28, 2018, 03:33:10 PM »
I think this is a confidence issue.  As he gets used to game speed/situations that indecisiveness will go away.  Pleased with his progress so far and hope it continues.

Definite possibility.  Hopefully he remains in the starting lineup.  Lots of potential. 

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #158 on: January 28, 2018, 03:38:16 PM »

I think it might be the switch from wanting to play on the perimeter to now looking to play more down low. He might be fighting his instincts a little more than usual.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #159 on: January 28, 2018, 04:10:26 PM »
Harry is clearly the most talented offensively.    He did some good things on the offensive end and actually made a couple of nice defensive plays.    Harry haters, your thoughts?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #160 on: January 28, 2018, 04:39:44 PM »
Harry is clearly the most talented offensively.    He did some good things on the offensive end and actually made a couple of nice defensive plays.    Harry haters, your thoughts?

Not a hater but have been a little perplexed until recently. He's easily our most talented big man.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2018, 04:44:01 PM »
So now we've seen some more of Harry, and we've seen ups and downs from the freshmen and Sacar in conference play. I'm more convinced now than I was before that the addition of Harry isn't going to change this team very much. I know there are still some people that see potential due to his size and "shooting ability" but he's just not turning out to be the player he was touted to be just yet.

I think having Harry in practice will continue to make Theo better, and that will ultimately be his biggest contribution to this team.

Some good analysis after two weeks of play... :)

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2018, 04:48:29 PM »

I think this could be a big turning point for him. From what I remember, his only other good performances were against cupcakes.

I thought he had some nice dishes and focused on making himself available down low. He didn't take any bizarre shots or attempt any 3s. It was a treat to watch him most of the game.

Obviously he can clean up the silly turnovers and not get lost on D, his defensive performance was kind of rough. But I think across the board he impressed me against an incredible team. Good on Wojo for starting him due to his hard work in practice.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2018, 04:53:45 PM »
I think Harry benefited from playing against a team that doesn't have a physical presence on the inside.  Playing at that pace helped him.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2018, 06:18:28 PM »
I think he has finally caught up to game speed and has his legs under him.   A couple of bad passes today.  But he was yelling and talking and working.  Good hands, nice touch.   Don't give up on players so quickly.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2018, 07:20:00 PM »
Nice to see Froling start and get involved early. He didn't look tentative most of the time, and he moved well to the hoop.

He did no worse defensively than Matt would have, and at least Froling has to be accounted for on offense.

Those who thought Wojo would stay with Heldt out of loyalty or something ... c'mon. He's a coach and he'll do what he thinks gives his team the best chance to win. I mean, just a year ago, he took Luke out of the starting lineup - and I know he liked Luke a lot.

Matt played 8 minutes today; that seems about right for a center of his limited skill-set playing in a power basketball conference.

I'm sure there still will be games in which Matt plays more and plays better, but he is neither our present nor our future at that position. It only makes sense to use the more talented player. We are not the 1970s Warriors, so blessed with talent that Al could afford to "send messages" with starts and playing time.

I think Harry will continue to get better as he plays more and gets involved in a variety of offensive situations.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2018, 07:21:28 PM »
I think Harry benefited from playing against a team that doesn't have a physical presence on the inside.  Playing at that pace helped him.
Hmmm... Spellman...Pachalll......

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2018, 07:24:12 PM »
Hmmm... Spellman...Pachalll......

Sam was on Paschal all game.  Spellman isn't overly physical.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2018, 07:29:46 PM »
Sam was on Paschal all game.  Spellman isn't overly physical.
Uhh Spellman was not on court quite a bit.  Paschal was the 5...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2018, 11:15:31 PM »
IMHO, Harry mostly benefited from getting the start, getting good post touches early, getting serious minutes, and getting the ball in scoring position.

I continue to think that Wojo has had a pretty good feel these last 2 seasons for which center should play when. I trust he will keep making good decisions.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #170 on: January 31, 2018, 07:56:06 PM »
Harry starting again. But we knew this would happen.

#WeDoThis

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2018, 11:35:25 PM »
Harry starting again. But we knew this would happen.

#WeDoThis

Not his best night. Although all of our bigs were pretty awful. This is his second game in a row with just 2 boards. I wonder why he's having trouble. That was the best thing he had going for him early on, but in his 2 games as a starter, his rebounding has been sub-par. Weird.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2018, 11:38:28 PM »
Not his best night. Although all of our bigs were pretty awful. This is his second game in a row with just 2 boards. I wonder why he's having trouble. That was the best thing he had going for him early on, but in his 2 games as a starter, his rebounding has been sub-par. Weird.

Agreed. He seemed shy right from the get go. Bizarre games from him and Towsey tonight imo

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #173 on: February 01, 2018, 07:35:58 AM »
Used ta bee I wuz kinda sad ta see a playa leave after fore years. Nowadaze, its good ridants, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

nyg

• All American
« Reply #174 on: February 01, 2018, 07:48:26 AM »
Agreed. He seemed shy right from the get go. Bizarre games from him and Towsey tonight imo

If anybody re-watches the game, yeah right, there was a loose ball under the defensive basket and Harry just dropped it.  Sam was next to him and you could read his lips and hand gesture saying "grab the f*ckin ball"