'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Froling's role in conference play  (Read 31416 times)

mileskishnish72

• All American
Re: Froling's role in conference play
« Reply #175 on: February 01, 2018, 07:49:52 AM »
It would appear that Harry is not a game-changer, much less a season changer. The fact that there's all this discussion about who's better indicates that they must be fairly close. At this stage of the game I'm in favor of giving Theo as much run as possible, I think he has the most upside.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #176 on: February 01, 2018, 09:01:18 AM »
It would appear that Harry is not a game-changer, much less a season changer. The fact that there's all this discussion about who's better indicates that they must be fairly close. At this stage of the game I'm in favor of giving Theo as much run as possible, I think he has the most upside.

If we drop the game this weekend, then I'd say give Theo more PT. But while we still have a shot at a tourney bid, we need to play to win. it seems like having 3 bigs rotate has been helpful, especially because Harry and Theo have been prone to foul trouble. I'm guessing Harry will continue to start, but I expect Theo and Matt to be playing 10-20 minutes per game as well.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #177 on: February 05, 2018, 12:56:36 PM »
Here are Heldt's minute the last six games: 10 - 17 - 9 -8 - 11 - 5.

Has the reduction in his minutes contributed to the team's worst stretch this season (1-5, with only W over DePaul and 3 lopsided defeats)? Or is that just a coincidence?

I say "coincidence." When things were going bad, I never once said, "You know, what we need right now is more Matt." But I'd be curious to hear if others think differently.

Related: Loved the energy (not to mention pts, rebs and blks) Theo brought yesterday. He was positioned to be the breakthrough SOTG if we had won. A freshman who is developing nicely.

Froling, meanwhile, seems quite lost.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2018, 01:00:13 PM »
Here are Heldt's minute the last six games: 10 - 17 - 9 -8 - 11 - 5.

Has the reduction in his minutes contributed to the team's worst stretch this season (1-5, with only W over DePaul and 3 lopsided defeats)? Or is that just a coincidence?

I say "coincidence." When things were going bad, I never once said, "You know, what we need right now is more Matt." But I'd be curious to hear if others think differently.

I don't have the minute by min numbers, but my impression is that the team did not play great during his 5 min stretch on Sat....

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #179 on: February 07, 2018, 11:08:40 PM »
dont know if you all know this but Jacob Epperson former MU target played his 3rd game for creighton tonight, was previously redshirted but because of injuries had to start playing

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2018, 09:26:18 AM »
dont know if you all know this but Jacob Epperson former MU target played his 3rd game for creighton tonight, was previously redshirted but because of injuries had to start playing

Did it come down to Harry or Epperson? I don't even remember the name. He seems like he might be a bigger physical project than even Harry was when he first got to campus. Epperson is listed at 6-11, 209. He's built like Greg, just taller. He's gonna have to hit the weight room hard this summer.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #181 on: February 08, 2018, 09:30:00 AM »
Epperson and MU were dancing bit not committing.   Then MU landed other bigs and didn't need him.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #182 on: February 08, 2018, 09:42:15 AM »
Froling was physical and aggressive  last night.   Didn't score.  But he did not get abused.   Matt was better.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback