[September 20, 2024, 07:45:48 PM]

Big East 2024 -25 Results by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 06:05:27 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by MU82
[September 20, 2024, 12:31:28 PM]

Excellent Mr Dodds Interview with Ben Gold by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 08:52:59 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Rowsey Injury  (Read 34621 times)

mug644

• All American
Re: Rowsey Injury
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2017, 04:55:22 PM »
Imagine Sean Elliott with two ACLs. . . Wow!

Like David Boone + 2" !!!

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2017, 04:56:00 PM »
But the reason I didn't get it fixed was that I was a weekend athlete at the time, not playing Division I nor planning on playing overseas at some point after it healed.  The standard, even now, is to fix it regardless of whether one is a weekend athlete or not.  If AR tore it, there is no doubt that he's going to have it repaired.

IMO, the biggest reason every injury gets surgery is teams often hire surgeons to be on call for their athletes ... and this is what surgeons do.

When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2017, 05:00:42 PM »
I tore mine in half in April, 1989, without getting it fixed, then tore the meniscus in the same knee almost a year to the day later wearing a brace (got some money out of a company for that one).  I also have the same results as Heisey, able to do most everything, though I'd wear an updated and improved  brace to play balls out basketball or racquetball.

But the reason I didn't get it fixed was that I was a weekend athlete at the time, not playing Division I nor planning on playing overseas at some point after it healed.  The standard, even now, is to fix it regardless of whether one is a weekend athlete or not.  If AR tore it, there is no doubt that he's going to have it repaired.

The standard is not necessarily to fix it.  I could go into more details, but if you don't want to play cutting sports, you don't need it.  Then there is the grouping of people into coper vs. non-copers and if people can't do everyday tasks without it, then they recommend surgery.  A surgeon who recommends ACL repair for everyone, is not someone I would recommend.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2017, 05:07:40 PM »
I think no news is good news. Thanks for conveying as much via a million posts, Scoop.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2017, 05:21:14 PM »
ACL does not affect that ... you're just unathletic :)

How dare you....

I dunked on a 9 foot hoop once.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2017, 05:22:31 PM »
Ners tore both of his ACLs, his MCL, and blew out an achilles heel.  Dude still throws down alley-oops at the Oak Creek YMCA to this day.

I can't be positive, but I believe he may have played high school basketball, as well.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2017, 05:25:54 PM »
IMO, the biggest reason every injury gets surgery is teams often hire surgeons to be on call for their athletes ... and this is what surgeons do.

When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Those are bad surgeons then.

I had a couple of bad discs and was referred to a surgeon for a consult.  The surgeon took a look at my scans and talked about my goals - getting back to cycling - and said he could operate, but recommended that I first try more conservative therapy.  Within a few weeks, I was back on my bike.  Several years later - and with daily core strength exercises - I regularly ride 50+ miles at a time.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2017, 05:31:45 PM »
This is true. Ever since I had my second knee surgery I have to put ample amounts of biofreeze on my knee before soccer, Hurling, boxing or any running. The “fixing” can make things worse

27 years ago, I had an orthopedic surgeon chomping at the bit to scope the knee that I  hurt  falling off a ski lift. Then I found out I was pregnant, so the doctor prescribed PT instead. I haven't had trouble with it since, even while training for and running half marathons.
Have some patience, FFS.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2017, 05:35:24 PM »
you all must be seeing marquette trained PT's  8-)

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2017, 06:50:53 PM »
I am getting reports that a shortish man in a head-to-toe body cast is being wheeled Hannibal-Lecter-style into Humphrey Hall.  No actual confirmation on who it is, but he had a perfectly coiffed undercut and lunged stiffly at a guy who bumped into him on the sidewalk.
Have some patience, FFS.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2017, 07:02:30 PM »
I am getting reports that a shortish man in a head-to-toe body cast is being wheeled Hannibal-Lecter-style into Humphrey Hall.  No actual confirmation on who it is, but he had a perfectly coiffed undercut and lunged stiffly at a guy who bumped into him on the sidewalk.

Teal??

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2017, 07:15:32 PM »

Well played!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2017, 07:33:55 PM »
I'm impressed at the number of physicians in here who can diagnose an injury, determine its severity and assess how long the patient will be immobilized from afar.

Medical science in Wisconsin is way ahead of the rest of the nation!

Many non-Wisconsinites on here, bud.

The FBI screwed up in Butler, PA.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2017, 07:42:25 PM »
Many non-Wisconsinites on here, bud.

Not the smart ones, though.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2017, 08:28:57 PM »
So that's what happened to Bo Ryan.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 10:04:07 PM by Lazar's Headband »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2017, 09:02:00 PM »
This thread was entertaining. So many personal anecdotes, so little time.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2017, 10:43:10 PM »
27 years ago, I had an orthopedic surgeon chomping at the bit to scope the knee that I  hurt  falling off a ski lift. Then I found out I was pregnant, so the doctor prescribed PT instead. I haven't had trouble with it since, even while training for and running half marathons.

The doctor was the baby daddy?  Does glow know?

SWARM!

• Starter
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2017, 11:00:49 PM »
I hurt my knee once.  I thought I needed surgery but then it got better.  I now climb mountains every few hours.  Ergo, Rowsey is fine and doesn't need surgery.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2017, 04:30:51 AM »
I have crushed cartledge from football, no surgery.   Too many cynics around here.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2017, 05:20:31 AM »
This thread reminds me a little bit of when I heard Paul was dead.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2017, 06:56:34 AM »
We should all say a Rowsery for his quick recovery.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2017, 07:06:03 AM »
The doctor was the baby daddy?  Does glow know?

Well, I guess he knows now.
Have some patience, FFS.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2017, 07:43:29 AM »
It's interesting how so many people think that a certain type of injury always presents just the way that theirs did.

The fact of the matter is that you often cannot diagnose a knee problem on the basis of physical exam alone, no matter how thorough.

I think we're just going to have to wait and hope.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2017, 07:47:31 AM »
I’m sorry to break the string of personal interest stories and snarky (but funny) responses.....But any news on actual AR condition? Or just wait for Homer and Mac tomorrow night?

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2017, 08:36:03 AM »
I’m sorry to break the string of personal interest stories and snarky (but funny) responses.....But any news on actual AR condition? Or just wait for Homer and Mac tomorrow night?

Um, he's hurt. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Andrew pass out at Caffrey's last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

feedback