Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Rowsey Injury  (Read 33100 times)

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: Rowsey Injury
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2017, 08:46:09 AM »
This thread reminds me a little bit of when I heard Paul was dead.

Rowsey is dead?

panda

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2017, 08:51:43 AM »
I hurt my leg one time and I didnt need surgery. Rowsey should drop 30 against American.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2017, 09:00:23 AM »
Rowsey is dead?

1 Wojo 15:5
and on the third day he rose and beat American

🏀

• All American
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2017, 09:01:11 AM »
Rowsey practicing today.

MU_Beav

• Starter
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2017, 09:02:09 AM »
@marquettembb

#mubb @drewskirowsey30 expected to practice today in advance of Thursday's non-conference finale vs. American at the @BMOHBC

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2017, 09:15:11 AM »
@marquettembb

#mubb @drewskirowsey30 expected to practice today in advance of Thursday's non-conference finale vs. American at the @BMOHBC

HE'S ALIVE! WOOP WOOP!

Seriously, that is great news.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2017, 09:16:57 AM »
@marquettembb

Rowzerus

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2017, 09:24:20 AM »
Um, he's hurt. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Andrew pass out at Caffrey's last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

You freaked me out a little bit with this because I do know that Rowsey hangs out at Caffrey's.
Have some patience, FFS.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2017, 09:25:03 AM »
@marquettembb

Great news!—thanks for the update.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2017, 09:36:38 AM »
You freaked me out a little bit with this because I do know that Rowsey hangs out at Caffrey's.

Seems like more of a JTO’s guy.

More serious question though, when I was at MU it seemed like the BBall players were absent from the bars, absent from parties sort of not a part of that part of campus but I’ve heard stories and personally seen some of wojos guys around. Was there any rule buzz had against partying or was I just at all the wrong spots?
Maigh Eo for Sam

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2017, 09:46:20 AM »
When I was there ('13) the men's team more stuck to themselves rather than go to house parties. I knew Jamil pretty well as well as a few of the managers and they always said that they would stick to drinking at the Hump. However, Junior and Otule came out to our senior bar crawl that was pretty fun.

Also, to no one's surprise, in the summer Davante was always at Dogg Haus around 1:30 Thursday thru Saturday.

More serious question though, when I was at MU it seemed like the BBall players were absent from the bars, absent from parties sort of not a part of that part of campus but I’ve heard stories and personally seen some of wojos guys around. Was there any rule buzz had against partying or was I just at all the wrong spots?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2017, 09:46:50 AM »

Definitely the wrong spots, haha. Not a Buzz player but Barro used to come to my fraternity's house for just about every party we threw.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2017, 09:48:18 AM »
When I was there ('13) the men's team more stuck to themselves rather than go to house parties. I knew Jamil pretty well as well as a few of the managers and they always said that they would stick to drinking at the Hump. However, Junior and Otule came out to our senior bar crawl that was pretty fun.

Also, to no one's surprise, in the summer Davante was always at Dogg Haus around 1:30 Thursday thru Saturday.

We were the same year then because I was 09-14. Definitely remember them at dog Haus. Thanks for the answer!
Maigh Eo for Sam

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2017, 09:57:21 AM »

I was 06-10 and the players were out all the time. Mostly at Angelo's and Murphy's, but I'd see them occasionally at house parties.
Bring back FFP!!!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2017, 09:58:28 AM »
Many non-Wisconsinites on here, bud.

I recognize this, being in Florida and all. But I assume that most of the people in here received their medical training at the Marquette University Golden Eagle School of Optimistic Medical Recovery. 

They were taught by the late Rev. Reginald White, MD, and Professor of Miraculous Healing who came back from a tear in his Achilles Tendon to lead the Green Bay Packers to the Super Bowl within three weeks.

That or it must be Lourdes Water.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2017, 09:59:04 AM »
IMO, the biggest reason every injury gets surgery is teams often hire surgeons to be on call for their athletes ... and this is what surgeons do.

When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

I've actually had the opposite experience in my limited years. I had very severe sleep apnea for about four years as a result of breaking my nose four times and having huge tonsils that never shrunk after a bad case of mono. I did a sleep study and they said I was having an apnea once every 40 seconds...so basically I didn't sleep for four years. My ENT wanted me to do CPAP therapy first. I tried for a few months and it didn't help. I begged him and a few others in my area to try a surgical fix but they all insisted that it wouldn't work and I should stay on the CPAP. It wasn't until I flew back to Minnesota got an opinion from the freaking Mayo Clinic that I was able to convince one of them to do the surgery. Two years later and I am still apnea free!

Seriously, if there is any chance you have sleep apnea, go and have a sleep study done. Getting that managed completely changed my life for the better. I've found a lot of people dismiss and ignore it but it has a huge impact on quality of life.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2017, 10:02:26 AM »
I was 06-10 and the players were out all the time. Mostly at Angelo's and Murphy's, but I'd see them occasionally at house parties.

Mo Acker once told me he carries two phones, "one for business and one for pleasure" at Caffrey's.  That was an outlier, though, I don't believe they were there regularly.

Ousmane made semi-regular appearances at my house parties as well.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2017, 10:04:00 AM »
Yeah I never saw the Crowder, DJO, Jamil group out my first couple years at MU.  But once my buddies and I got a house off-campus and would see Duane, Deonte, and Jajuan in our living room when having a party, I knew a new wave of guys had officially come in.  Wojo runs a much tighter ship than Buzz though so I don't think there's much of a correlation between seeing guys out and program maintenance.

Also, Rowsey is a riot out at the bars.  That combined with his small stature makes his incredible offensive game all the more surprising.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2017, 10:07:43 AM »
Rowsey practicing today.

That is wonderful new.  The readers of Horse and Hound will be very relieved.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

tower912

• All American
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2017, 10:10:57 AM »
Collective exhale. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2017, 10:14:18 AM »
That is wonderful new.  The readers of Horse and Hound will be very relieved.

Love that movie!
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2017, 10:26:06 AM »

Love that movie!

Yeah one of my favorites, I'm always a sucker for nice endings.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2017, 10:40:23 AM »
Mo Acker once told me he carries two phones, "one for business and one for pleasure" at Caffrey's.  That was an outlier, though, I don't believe they were there regularly.

Ousmane made semi-regular appearances at my house parties as well.

Was it at Renee Row? I always enjoyed running into Ousmane at parties there. Dom went to a good amount of parties as well, I always tried to offer him a beverage, he smartly declined each time.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2017, 10:43:43 AM »
I've actually had the opposite experience in my limited years. I had very severe sleep apnea for about four years as a result of breaking my nose four times and having huge tonsils that never shrunk after a bad case of mono. I did a sleep study and they said I was having an apnea once every 40 seconds...so basically I didn't sleep for four years. My ENT wanted me to do CPAP therapy first. I tried for a few months and it didn't help. I begged him and a few others in my area to try a surgical fix but they all insisted that it wouldn't work and I should stay on the CPAP. It wasn't until I flew back to Minnesota got an opinion from the freaking Mayo Clinic that I was able to convince one of them to do the surgery. Two years later and I am still apnea free!

Seriously, if there is any chance you have sleep apnea, go and have a sleep study done. Getting that managed completely changed my life for the better. I've found a lot of people dismiss and ignore it but it has a huge impact on quality of life.
But did it make you a better basketball analyst?
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2017, 10:51:31 AM »
Dave Singleton (remember him?) used to pretend to be Jimmy Butler at Murphy's to hit on girls. It worked.