[Today at 12:58:23 PM]

NM by 4everwarriors
[Today at 10:37:41 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 10:15:40 AM]

MU all-time defensive team? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:44:45 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Rowsey Injury  (Read 33394 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Rowsey Injury
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2017, 01:47:36 PM »
If Rowsey has to miss significant time, the impact on this season would be devastating.  Just gotta hope its something minor.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2017, 01:52:10 PM »
Nope. Not how it works (and it’s a medical hardship waiver... redshirt means you didn’t play).

The 30% is your scheduled games, plus the conf tourney counts as one, regardless of how many you play. The NCAA or other postseason tourneys count for nada

So, it’s 31 x 30% = 9.3. Per bylaws, round up to 10. He’s played in 11. Therefore he does not meet the criteria. If he did, getting a five year rule waiver would be the other issue - only missed one year due to somethingboutvofvhis control. Transfer year was by choice.

So, he’s got two things stacked against him. NCAA has done weird things in the past, but by rule he isn’t a medical hardship waiver candidate and isn’t a 6th year candidate

Mea Culpa. That's why I'm just a padawan
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2017, 01:56:18 PM »
Ok, what’s the upside. Of course this is a net negative if he misses any time. But if just American, more minutes to spread around. If X that’s a real bummer. Hoping that will be an upset win. But if AR misses the X game, the opportunities for step up immense.

So I’ll look forward to see what hsppens.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2017, 01:58:52 PM »
Ok, what’s the upside. Of course this is a net negative if he misses any time. But if just American, more minutes to spread around. If X that’s a real bummer. Hoping that will be an upset win. But if AR misses the X game, the opportunities for step up immense.

So I’ll look forward to see what hsppens.

I'm figuring he is at least out until Georgetown.  Hoping that is not the case, but that is the earliest I'm expecting him back at this point.  Hopefully not much much worse.

4th and State

• Starter
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2017, 02:01:19 PM »
I've mildly sprained my MCL before (which looks like it may be the case) and felt a poping sensation.  Hopefully that's the worse case scenario here.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 02:05:31 PM by 4th and State »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2017, 02:05:34 PM »
I've mildly sprained my MCL before (which looks like it may be the case here) and felt a poping sensation.  Hopefully that's the worse case scenario here.

This is what I'm leaning to as well.  I partially tore my LCL (opposite side of the knee) in almost the same way as Rowsey (but knee moving in opposite direction).  Played another 10 minutes of basketball fine, until I started to notice that I didn't feel as stable on that knee.  Quit playing and saved myself a more significant injury. 

Was back playing basketball in about 3-4 weeks.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2017, 02:10:10 PM »
Hoping the Scoop Orthopods are as accurate with their diagnoses as they were with Harry’s first game stat predictions, aina?

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »
And don't forget Dejuan Blair lost both ACLs due to botched surgeries and played both college and professional basketball with no ACLs.  Depending on the strength of surrounding muscles, the effect of an ACL tear will be different in all people as far as how the initial impact will be felt.

Nobody who ever saw Dejuan Blair play could ever forget he had no ACLs - the announcers wouldn't let you.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2017, 02:21:43 PM »
And don't forget Dejuan Blair lost both ACLs due to botched surgeries and played both college and professional basketball with no ACLs.  Depending on the strength of surrounding muscles, the effect of an ACL tear will be different in all people as far as how the initial impact will be felt.

And he wuz 17 yo two, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2017, 02:33:57 PM »

And don't forget that in 1998, The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 feet through the Spanish announcer's table.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2017, 02:43:44 PM »
No two injuries are the same as no two rehabilitations are the same.  If he's out "indefinitely," that's what it means.  The docs don't know, the trainers don't know and Rowsey doesn't know.  With that being said, there was some good news last night in that he walked back without crutches.  The part I saw, there was no "ACL" testing being done on court and his knee was in full extension (hamstrings tend to tighten after an ACL tear, not allowing the knee to get fully straight). 

Kind of off topic, but a lot of ligaments are aneural (no "pain" innervation), so the pain that you get from a ligament tear is usually something else (with ACL's, impact from the femur on the tibia causing a bone bruise).

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2017, 03:33:50 PM »
I'm impressed at the number of physicians in here who can diagnose an injury, determine its severity and assess how long the patient will be immobilized from afar.

Medical science in Wisconsin is way ahead of the rest of the nation!

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2017, 03:39:10 PM »

Not surprising, that's why we come here.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2017, 03:48:56 PM »

Sean Elliott tore his ACL when he was a kid and never got it fixed had a long NBA career.

I tore my ACL in my right knee in 1991.  Never got it fixed.  Going on a quarter century of skiing, basketball, running etc.

We overdo the "fixing" of knee injuries.  A lot of them should just heal and learn how to deal with it.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2017, 03:52:58 PM »
Scoop today:

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2017, 03:55:09 PM »
I assume I've had an un-diagnosed ACL injury since high school.  That would completely explain my lack of explosion on the court over all these years. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2017, 03:55:29 PM »
I'm impressed at the number of physicians in here who can diagnose an injury, determine its severity and assess how long the patient will be immobilized from afar.

Marquette Medical School is alive and well!

Also, for the record:  I saw Rowsey today outside of Jimmy Johns.  He had a boot from his foot up to his shoulder.  (More body armor than a boot, tbh.) The boot had a Jimmy Johns bumper sticker on it.  Take it for what it's worth. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2017, 04:10:03 PM »
Sean Elliott tore his ACL when he was a kid and never got it fixed had a long NBA career.

I tore my ACL in my right knee in 1991.  Never got it fixed.  Going on a quarter century of skiing, basketball, running etc.

We overdo the "fixing" of knee injuries.  A lot of them should just heal and learn how to deal with it.

This is true. Ever since I had my second knee surgery I have to put ample amounts of biofreeze on my knee before soccer, Hurling, boxing or any running. The “fixing” can make things worse
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2017, 04:12:16 PM »

I tore mine in half in April, 1989, without getting it fixed, then tore the meniscus in the same knee almost a year to the day later wearing a brace (got some money out of a company for that one).  I also have the same results as Heisey, able to do most everything, though I'd wear an updated and improved  brace to play balls out basketball or racquetball.

But the reason I didn't get it fixed was that I was a weekend athlete at the time, not playing Division I nor planning on playing overseas at some point after it healed.  The standard, even now, is to fix it regardless of whether one is a weekend athlete or not.  If AR tore it, there is no doubt that he's going to have it repaired.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

lohaus

• Starter
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2017, 04:13:48 PM »
Imagine Sean Elliott with two ACLs. . . Wow!

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2017, 04:15:12 PM »
Ners tore both of his ACLs, his MCL, and blew out an achilles heel.  Dude still throws down alley-oops at the Oak Creek YMCA to this day.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2017, 04:26:35 PM »
If Rowsey has to miss significant time, the impact on this season would be devastating.  Just gotta hope its something minor.

If by devastating you mean virtually no chance to make the NCAA I would agree.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2017, 04:33:09 PM »

My diagnosis is that Scoopers are really, really smart.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2017, 04:49:51 PM »
If by devastating you mean virtually no chance to make the NCAA I would agree.

Yep, that would qualify as devastating.

I do think it'd be a nice trial by fire for Howard running the point everytime he is on the court.  Maybe that team finds a way to 8-10 and sneaks in...but yah, probably not.  Offense would take a big hit, but not playing Howard and Rowsey together would help the D.

But there is a no way to spin it into a net positive.  Need Rowsey to be OK.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2017, 04:53:09 PM »
I assume I've had an un-diagnosed ACL injury since high school.  That would completely explain my lack of explosion on the court over all these years.

ACL does not affect that ... you're just unathletic :)

feedback