collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2018 Season  (Read 499190 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: MLB 2018 Season
« Reply #601 on: April 14, 2018, 08:27:30 PM »
What?

Yeah that was a pretty dumb use of the meme right there.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #602 on: April 14, 2018, 08:37:37 PM »
You’ve gotten awfully quiet over the last week. Weird.

What’s weird (and sad) is you’re apparently keeping tabs on me.  As I said, I don’t live here like you.  Fun comeback today.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #603 on: April 14, 2018, 08:41:14 PM »
What’s weird (and sad) is you’re apparently keeping tabs on me.  As I said, I don’t live here like you.  Fun comeback today.

Keep tabs on you? It’s not hard to follow a thread and see who posted. When someone questions where Brewers fans are when they lose a couple April games they should probably not go into hiding when their beloved Cubbies start losing a few games. And considering you popped right back up a couple hours after I posted it seems as though maybe you do follow along a bit more than you pretend to be too big for.

Or maybe just coincidentally good timing.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #604 on: April 14, 2018, 09:19:24 PM »
Keep tabs on you? It’s not hard to follow a thread and see who posted. When someone questions where Brewers fans are when they lose a couple April games they should probably not go into hiding when their beloved Cubbies start losing a few games. And considering you popped right back up a couple hours after I posted it seems as though maybe you do follow along a bit more than you pretend to be too big for.

Or maybe just coincidentally good timing.

You really are an obsessed, sad little man.  10 years later, same routine.  Literally, the exact same.  Constant pissing matches on here - does it ever get tiresome?  I also never questioned where Brewers fans were.  I’m confident you’ll spend the time to now go back through my posts to confirm that. 

I don’t care if the Cubs lose a few games here and there...really, I don’t (You may have noticed the Pirates have gotten off to a great start) I know they’ll be there in the end with a shot for a playoff run....you should focus more on your own team rather than failure of your obsession...it’s much more fulfilling.

You live here, I came back last week to have a little fun after the Cubs crushed the Brewers last week...I don’t need this place like you do.

And, yes, couple hours later must be a coincidence...as opposed to 4 minutes later... it’s sad.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #605 on: April 14, 2018, 09:36:01 PM »
You really are an obsessed, sad little man.  10 years later, same routine.  Literally, the exact same.  Constant pissing matches on here - does it ever get tiresome?  I also never questioned where Brewers fans were.  I’m confident you’ll spend the time to now go back through my posts to confirm that. 

I don’t care if the Cubs lose a few games here and there...really, I don’t (You may have noticed the Pirates have gotten off to a great start) I know they’ll be there in the end with a shot for a playoff run....you should focus more on your own team rather than failure of your obsession...it’s much more fulfilling.

You live here, I came back last week to have a little fun after the Cubs crushed the Brewers last week...I don’t need this place like you do.

And, yes, couple hours later must be a coincidence...as opposed to 4 minutes later... it’s sad.

Still here? I thought you’d have more important things to do on your Saturday night. And who’s keeping tabs on who here? It looks like you’ve been scouting out my posting for 10 years. Glad to know I haven’t changed.

The difference between you and I is I don’t pretend I’m too big for MUScoop while sitting around posting on it, or that someone else is “keeping tabs” on me for noticing they aren’t active in a thread only to then come back and talk about that poster’s “decade long” history. Have it both ways bud. You certainly do sound like a FIB.

Anyways sorry for disrupting your awesome life that is too important for MUScoop posting! Enjoy whatever it is you fill your time up with! I know you won’t be able to respond to this for years because you have way cooler stuff to do, but I can’t wait to hear about it when you get a moment of free time!

Oh, and to answer your question, heck no arguing with people like you doesn't get old.  This is great entertainment.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 09:40:59 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #606 on: April 14, 2018, 10:03:19 PM »
What I always think of when a team blows a huge lead like the Braves did is that if the Braves actually tried to increase their 10-2 lead by stealing a base or bunting a runner over, the "unwritten rules" people would have gone nuts and there probably would have been beanball wars.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #607 on: April 14, 2018, 10:26:08 PM »
Still here? I thought you’d have more important things to do on your Saturday night. And who’s keeping tabs on who here? It looks like you’ve been scouting out my posting for 10 years. Glad to know I haven’t changed.

The difference between you and I is I don’t pretend I’m too big for MUScoop while sitting around posting on it, or that someone else is “keeping tabs” on me for noticing they aren’t active in a thread only to then come back and talk about that poster’s “decade long” history. Have it both ways bud. You certainly do sound like a FIB.

Anyways sorry for disrupting your awesome life that is too important for MUScoop posting! Enjoy whatever it is you fill your time up with! I know you won’t be able to respond to this for years because you have way cooler stuff to do, but I can’t wait to hear about it when you get a moment of free time!

Oh, and to answer your question, heck no arguing with people like you doesn't get old.  This is great entertainment.

It is fun toying with you, I’ll give you that.  Appears I struck a chord as you’ve resorted back to childish name calling.

The 10 years was in reference to some of the old Cubs/Brewers threads where I would own you...I know you remember.

You clearly noticed I didn’t post for a few days and called me out...if that’s not keeping tabs, would like to know what is.

I’m certainly not too good for posting here, never said that, never would..you did.  I just simply said you have a need for it on a daily basis...prior to last week I hadn’t posted for 3 years....but I forgot how fun it was to watch you unravel.

I regret not being here for the Cubs WS win. I’ll be here for the next one though...as well as a few times throughout the season...apologize in advance for not being here all day...everyday like you. 

You should try other means of entertainment some time...your parents have cable upstairs?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:38:34 PM by MarquetteFan94 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #608 on: April 14, 2018, 10:45:34 PM »
It is fun toying with you, I’ll give you that.  Appears I struck a chord as you’ve resorted back to childish name calling.

The 10 years was in reference to some of the old Cubs/Brewers threads where I would own you...I know you remember.

You clearly noticed I didn’t post for a few days and called me out...if that’s not keeping tabs, would like to know what is.

I’m certainly not too good for posting here, never said that, never would..you did.  I just simply said you have a need for it on a daily basis...prior to last week I hadn’t posted for 3 years....but I forgot how fun it was to watch you unravel.

I regret not being here for the Cubs WS win. I’ll be here for the next one though...as well as a few times throughout the season...apologize in advance for not being here all day...everyday like you. 

You should try other means of entertainment some time...your parents have cable upstairs?

Nope. I don’t remember what was said 3 years ago on MUScoop. I have no idea who you are or what you posted 3 years ago. Apparently I left enough of an impression on you that you remember these things though.

Nothing better than an insecure Chicago sports fan.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #609 on: April 14, 2018, 10:58:35 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #610 on: April 14, 2018, 11:17:37 PM »

Got curious as to what your "owning" of me 3 years ago was so checked out your posting history.  Still have no idea who you are or what you were saying, but wow is your post history fun to look through.  It's like a combo of Ners (question every move the coach makes, thinks he knows better than everyone in the world), UnleashWhoever (start hyperventilating when MU falls behind by 2 in the first possession of the game and calls the game "over" right then), and...well, someone who thought MU should've hired Ben Howland but was actually going to hire Brian Wardle.

Not in the least bit shocking that you are a meathead Chicago sports fan.  Good stuff.  I'm glad you "embarrassed" me 3 years ago and that you "know" I remember it (still haven't gotten to that part of your post history yet, but you're too important for anyone not to remember that right?).

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #611 on: April 15, 2018, 12:07:12 AM »
Can we set up a pissing match thread for 94 and wades to be pissy, and let this thread be about baseball?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #612 on: April 15, 2018, 12:16:57 AM »
Can we set up a pissing match thread for 94 and wades to be pissy, and let this thread be about baseball?

What’s stopping you?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #613 on: April 15, 2018, 06:56:57 AM »
What I always think of when a team blows a huge lead like the Braves did is that if the Braves actually tried to increase their 10-2 lead by stealing a base or bunting a runner over, the "unwritten rules" people would have gone nuts and there probably would have been beanball wars.

that is a great observation 82-wasn't it about 2 weeks ago the twins were beating the orioles 7-0 in the 9th inning.  the twins go into a defensive shift and chance sisco broke all the unwritten rules by laying down a bunt??? 

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/mlb-unwritten-rules-brian-dozier-minnesota-twins-chance-sisco-baltimore-orioles-bunt-shift-berrios/18aa8m7vmlyjh1119mi1tsnjdd

wtf?  no unwritten rules about going into a defensive shift under those circumstances?  forget the "no crying in baseball" rule.  i don't get the twins getting pissed off here except it might have stalled their run to the beers and post-game spread or hookin up with their girl du jour 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #614 on: April 15, 2018, 07:11:44 AM »
Got curious as to what your "owning" of me 3 years ago was so checked out your posting history.  Still have no idea who you are or what you were saying, but wow is your post history fun to look through.  It's like a combo of Ners (question every move the coach makes, thinks he knows better than everyone in the world), UnleashWhoever (start hyperventilating when MU falls behind by 2 in the first possession of the game and calls the game "over" right then), and...well, someone who thought MU should've hired Ben Howland but was actually going to hire Brian Wardle.

Not in the least bit shocking that you are a meathead Chicago sports fan.  Good stuff.  I'm glad you "embarrassed" me 3 years ago and that you "know" I remember it (still haven't gotten to that part of your post history yet, but you're too important for anyone not to remember that right?).
Yawn, you both suck Schwetty balls.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #615 on: April 15, 2018, 03:18:34 PM »

I wasn't aware I was hyperventalating every time Marquette was losing. Oh well. I took some time (5 minutes) to  go through some post history.

5th year senior puts up a doughnut in the biggest game of the year. Way to step up and lead your team.

Turn this team over to Sam. Run every offensive set through him. At least he’ll attempt to make the smart basketball decision. I’ve seen enough of our 5’9” guards put their head down and hunt their points. The ball needs to move and everyone needs to be involved.

Time to start playing for next season. And make sure we’re having a middle man get on some potential grad transfer point guards. Ones who look to get their teammates going and want to compete and at least pretend to want to defend.

What in the world was that tonight? Absolutely awful. Wojo needs to shorten his leash considerably if this is how he?s going to play.

He was the only thing worse than the refs in this game.

I'm not sure what goalposts you're talking about.  Rowsey put up a doughnut against Butler.  Good effort.  Rowsey's job is to score.  Does that mean Rowsey should never pass the basketball?  Again, that's a new concept.  Scorers still need to play within an offense.  Which is exactly what the original post was about.  Run the offense through Sam, like we did in the first half today.  He's the only player who plays with his head up seeing the court.  You're making this a lot harder than you need to.

Anyways, MU wins that game if Rowsey simply graces us with a foul out earlier in the game.

Read the original post and/or learn the definition of goal post shifting.  Our offense needs to be run through Sam.  He's the only one smart enough to make the right plays even a portion of the time.  Being a scorer doesn't mean you don't move the basketball.  Except maybe in your own head.

How's the NIT bubble looking?

Because he scored 0 points in a home game against a team you’re fighting on the bubble with.

I was unaware that if you’re going to be a scorer the ball can’t move on your team? That would be a new thought I’ve never heard of.

Completely disagree.  In what world is the guy who was 2nd in the Big East in scoring going 0-2 from the field for 0 points, 2 assists, 1 turnover (and definitely should've been a second but the refs felt so bad for him they gave him a ghost touch), and picking up a second foul while a guy is literally shooting a shot from behind the backboard "fine?"

Andrew Rowsey and I have scored the same amount of points for Marquette in the last 3 halves of basketball, all while we've been playing 2 teams we are competing with on the bubble.

Rowsey's job on this team is to 1) score and (enter HUGE gap between numbers 1 and 2) 2) distribute the ball.  He literally hasn't done number 1 in the last 60 minutes of basketball.

Seniors need to step up at this time of year.  Especially 5th year seniors who are the only seniors on the team.

Yeah we weren’t really even remotely close to the bubble. Heck, we missed the NIT. I don’t think 1 bad home win and 1 “meh” home win changed our NCAA Tournament outlook.

Oh wait, thats yours... Oh well. Please don't drag me into your pissing matches. But going through your post history, it was abundantly clear that you have some real issues you might want to work on. Around 70% of your posts are just attacking people on scoop. Maybe cool it a bit?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 03:20:36 PM by #UnleashLaxBros »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #616 on: April 15, 2018, 04:22:30 PM »
I wasn't aware I was hyperventalating every time Marquette was losing. Oh well. I took some time (5 minutes) to  go through some post history.

Oh wait, thats yours... Oh well. Please don't drag me into your pissing matches. But going through your post history, it was abundantly clear that you have some real issues you might want to work on. Around 70% of your posts are just attacking people on scoop. Maybe cool it a bit?

So you're pointing out my...post game thoughts in losses?  Okay...?  Thanks?  Lol.  That's the point.  Freaking out 2 minutes into a 40 minute game is, well, silly.  If you'd like to go look at Rowsey's game log throughout the conference season you'll see his inconsistencies.  He shot 36% from the field in Big East play prior to the Conference Tournament.  And our team made the NIT.  So I'm not sure what you're getting at here...

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #617 on: April 15, 2018, 04:28:03 PM »
Meanwhile, the Mets, Pirates and DBacks are winning their divisions. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #618 on: April 15, 2018, 04:33:38 PM »
Meanwhile, the Mets, Pirates and DBacks are winning their divisions.

Mets are very good, but always get hit by injuries and chances are will be again. If they can stay healthy they can challenge the Nats. Pirates will fall back. DBacks are very good and were last year as well. They can challenge the Dodgers.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #619 on: April 15, 2018, 04:41:50 PM »
Mets are very good, but always get hit by injuries and chances are will be again. If they can stay healthy they can challenge the Nats. Pirates will fall back. DBacks are very good and were last year as well. They can challenge the Dodgers.

While it's still early, I find it interesting that the favorites are all dragging in all three divisions. The Mets are on fire but the Phillies are in 2nd. The Dodgers and Nats were supposed to be slam dunks. I think this is what makes baseball great--can go from last to first unlike other pro leagues.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #620 on: April 15, 2018, 05:11:17 PM »
While it's still early, I find it interesting that the favorites are all dragging in all three divisions. The Mets are on fire but the Phillies are in 2nd. The Dodgers and Nats were supposed to be slam dunks. I think this is what makes baseball great--can go from last to first unlike other pro leagues.

Eagles, Jags and Panthers all went from worst to first in their division last year.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #621 on: April 15, 2018, 05:16:37 PM »
So you're pointing out my...post game thoughts in losses?  Okay...?  Thanks?  Lol.  That's the point.  Freaking out 2 minutes into a 40 minute game is, well, silly.  If you'd like to go look at Rowsey's game log throughout the conference season you'll see his inconsistencies.  He shot 36% from the field in Big East play prior to the Conference Tournament.  And our team made the NIT.  So I'm not sure what you're getting at here...

Well you attacked me for whining.... For some unknown reason? Without any proof. So I sent you some proof of whining. From you. Please do the same to me if you can.

Also could you not avoid the main point. That of why do you attack people on scoop left and right.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #622 on: April 15, 2018, 08:25:34 PM »
What’s stopping you?

Pissing Match thread is now active, please piss over there and not in the pool.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #623 on: April 15, 2018, 08:26:09 PM »
Pissin' no matta, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #624 on: April 15, 2018, 08:52:51 PM »
Pissin' no matta, hey?

Oh pissin' does matta.